Recommendations Fantasy Adventure with Male OP MC and enough chapters. No xianxia please.

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by loeghaz, Mar 25, 2016.

1. loeghaz

loeghaz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking for title^. I prefer male MC cause I like to portray myself to them. lol
    I know this is really broad spec, but lots of them are only translated for a very few chapter. I want to enjoy at least 30-50 chapter. And I can assure you that I already do search in novel updates as much as I can but I just recently realized that there is some masterpiece, especially original one (not translated) is not listed. This is some of my reading list for this genre:

Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyusoukyoku
    I really like this! Calm feeling and fun exploring but enough battle to keep it from being boring. The harem and lots of illustration for it is a nice addition. Most importantly, it has many chapters to enjoy!
    Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou
    I'm not enjoying the start that much but after the OP-ness is there I really love it! I love the ruthless MC and his (harem) companions is making the adventure enjoyable. Too bad the translation is messed up after chapter 90 or something.
    Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken
    At first I'm like "What? What can some slime do?" but I really come to enjoying it, a lot. And I like the direction it took to building some civilization by monsters. The ability to share the OP-ness to party and build a settlement full of OP allies? Likey likey.

Theres more like Konjiki no Moji Tsukai, Magi's Grandson, Slave Harem, Slave Harem in the Labyrinth of the Other World, but above is pretty much my favorite.

Other than that, there is some original works that I luckily come across but not listed in novelupdates (yea, my light novel life is pretty much revolve around novelupdates, I'm newcomer).

I was reincarnated as a Magic Academy!
    The start is not far from slime above, but this one started as dungeon core. The OP-ness is enough for me to enjoy and to my surprise it become more fun. And yea it has harem subplot. huehehe.

Hardcore OPness
    Some of its content is really messed up but I come to enjoyed the absurd content and crazy MC. The OPness is to my liking and the best is, its completed series (for one book i think?) and no more cliffhanger for me. muahahaha..

Beside those, I also read some xianxia novel and really enjoying that. But the feels is different and they are pretty much following some template stories. And I'm not running out of them for now.

If you need any details feel free to ask and comment about my reading list above. If its not much bother, please include the link for the series you share, but if its a bother, well, google is one click away anyway. lol

Shio likes this.
  2. pkhyber

pkhyber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    warlock of magus world-although it is a chinese novel but it gives u the feeling of reading harry potter + dark theme and mc is op within its peers and has 87 chapters translated as of now.there is also adventure in middle chapters(academy+adventure+academy+adventure)

3. ArgosYesu

ArgosYesu Lord of Some Lands, Editor of Others

Reading List:
    Link
    Out of the stories I read from that list, I dislike Death March. While the idea of slice of life adventures is fine, I found myself arguing constantly with the main character's really dumb and inconsistent plans and ideas. It just wasn't a smart MC in my opinion.

RANTMAN likes this.
  4. Gentlemens laugh

Gentlemens laugh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    loeghaz likes this.
  5. ArgosYesu

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh. Warlock is fine, but I almost dropped it several times because of the random Adult themes within. It isn't even Erotica, it's just needlessly adult. You can't fit it with an R-18 tag, but I wouldn't give it to teens (with any good intentions).

The misuse of the word, for one. It's like asking for Mystery novels and everyone gives you Romance.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2016
  6. DXHaseoXD

DXHaseoXD [Forever Alone] [Person who tries to translate]

Reading List:
    Link
    aldrie95 likes this.
  7. Gentlemens laugh

Reading List:
    Link
    Apologies I don't understand what you mean.

He wasn't really op

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2016
  8. marine1corps

marine1corps Invisible to all Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    Mushoku tensei
    I Believe this something you will want to read. Fully translated with nice ending that didn't feel rushed.

Edit: Also with a harem that has a personality

rpgbscout, loeghaz and aldrie95 like this.
  9. ArgosYesu

Reading List:
    Link
    Gentlemens laugh likes this.
  10. Gentlemens laugh

Reading List:
    Link
  11. LagDeath

LagDeath Comfortable and Impatient

Reading List:
    Link
    You may like Man Picked up Gods

SpHyNx and loeghaz like this.
  12. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ze Tian Ji is a really good read. Has 160+ chapters translated now.

loeghaz likes this.
  13. Gentlemens laugh

Reading List:
    Link
  14. marine1corps

Reading List:
    Link
  15. CrispyNoodle

CrispyNoodle 『Noodle Overlo*d』『Open Pervert』『Onii-chan』

Reading List:
    Link
    For the life of me I could not get into this novel... many tries and could not get pass chapter 3

RANTMAN and slaughter god like this.
  16. Gentlemens laugh

Reading List:
    Link
    How so I thought they met his requirements male mc,op,fantasy environment and no xianxias

17. NP-3228

NP-3228 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    tate no yuusha. Well he is not very OP in the beginning but he gets strong pretty quickly.
    Sevens. MC is like 14 but is seriously OP and easily an A-rank adventurer very quickly, but not officially. even more OP villainess tho so it balances out ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
    fanfics
    the toys of fools: on royalroad is finished about 3 op chara in royalroad that are force to, due to bad luck, plow though insanely OP bosses.
    p.s. MC is male but looks very girly. Ppl would confess to him instead of his bombshell babe party member. (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
    http://royalroadl.com/fiction/337
    Until death?: story about gods causing apocalypse with their battle and forced to reincarnate and marry each other. by Andur. his other stories are fun to read too. R-18 tho~ no Harem~ get ur mind outa the gutter ヽ(#゚Д゚)ノ┌┛Σ(ノ´Д`)ノ
    http://royalroadl.com/fiction/629
    Transcendence?: prequel of until death before they ascended to be gods. should read until death first still~
    http://royalroadl.com/fiction/1587

loeghaz likes this.
  18. Boy and the Beast

Boy and the Beast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    'Rain' (manwha) is a good one, but not sure if a novel of it has been translated.

19. Boy and the Beast

Boy and the Beast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    same here :)

20. marine1corps

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry my mistake. xiania and Xuahuan look the same to me. But he also required 50+ translated chapters.