Recommendations Fantasy Adventure with Male OP MC and enough chapters. No xianxia please.

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by loeghaz, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Gentlemens laugh

Gentlemens laugh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aside from vermilion and bu ni mi they at least 30 plus with a decent release rate

2. Ababil

Ababil Non Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Gentlemens laugh

Reading List:
    Link
  4. han2xiah

han2xiah [NightDweller][MoonlightScavenger][Li'lCrazy]

Reading List:
    Link
    But Shield Bro was
    given the ability to control other hero weapons and then became a god or god killer

5. RPGX

RPGX Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just so you know, the story still continues on...There is a book 2...

6. Amphidsf

Amphidsf Realm Razor

Reading List:
    Link
  7. loeghaz

loeghaz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow! I mean... wow. I really dont think I will get replied this much after half hour. okay here goes.

I'll looked into it. From the tags it looks like fun. But for chinese novel 87 chapters is like 18 at best no? lol.
    Thanks anyway. I'll read it as soon as i can.

Well thats what I like about it. He is enjoying his time. the stories progress slowly but not boring. Its not serious plot with revenge, death, and tragedy. =)

Yea I already read shura's wrath. I really like the OPness and the stories is really good. Too bad the translation is still that much. I'm really curious about his adventure in the guild war and such. Douluo Dalu, currently waiting for translation, and I will check the others.
    I didnt say something wrong with xianxia. I enjoy the satisfied and excited feeling from reading it. But for now I'm looking for something different, lets just say. =)

Did you mean Shield Hero? I read the manga and didnt want to spoil it by reading the novel. lol
    Its true I somewhat enjoyed the stories and adventure, but he is not really OP and I dont like that that bi-, I mean, hateful princess. If somewhat he can trample her kingdom and kill them all maybe I will happily read it. lol

Yea I really like it. But for the same reason as Shiled hero, I'm currently following the manga and the illustration is not bad. so sadly I'm not planning to read the novel for fear of spoiling the fun of the manga.

Hmm.. I'm not familiar with all of that. I'll check em out. thanks!

Will do check it out. The chapter number is enough to get me excited. Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  8. ArgosYesu

ArgosYesu Lord of Some Lands, Editor of Others

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem is that he needlessly puts everyone in danger because he does things half-assed or without thinking it through fully. It just made me cringe too much. Couldn't get past a dozen chapters.

RANTMAN likes this.
  9. Pluriscient

Pluriscient Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Yue Er

Yue Er Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    Tsuki Ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu
    Some parts will probably make you rage a bit but it isn't over done to the point where I needed to quit.

Jikuu Mahou Isekai to Chikyuu wo Ittarikitari
    I gave up on this one. It's slice of life like Death March but Death March is better. Still ...

World Teacher
    A little short of 30 with 29 but so close it wasn't worth taking off the list.

New Gate
    Trapped/Transported to game world. OP MC should be enough chapters. Slice of life ish.

Other ones that fail criteria but still worth looking at:
    4 Billion Lottery
    Guy wins the lotto and stumbles on a portal to another world. Slice of life. Not sure what's coming in the future though but It's better than Jikuu Mahou in my opinion. No OP.

Cook of the Mercenary Corp
    I would say this is somewhat similar to Death March. Just no OP. Still worth looking it if you have nothing to read.

My Death Flags Show No Sign of Ending
    Still very early on. totally fails your chapter want, but might be worth looking at once it gets up there.

Re:Hamster on RRL.
    It's most similar to Hardcore OPness. A little tamer I think.

Edit:
    Reincarnator
    Game world apocalypse type story with a time rewind so the MC gets OP quite quickly.

loeghaz likes this.
  12. loeghaz

Reading List:
    Link
    I plan to check it out. But I hear it got some anime from it. do you watch it? is it good?

Wow this is what I like. many recommendation! Will check on it and give you the report. xD

I already read it! its cool MC with ruthless mindset and pretty slaves. But the happiness is gone with greyed out "next chapter" button. I really wish I can just destroy some book or pay something to became fluent with japanese and chinese. -_-

Wait what? I'm in the middle of first book but I thought on the book 2 the MC is changed and there is some time lapse or something? could you give me some peek about what happened without much spoiler (yea I'm annoying like that)

Isnt the MC is female? I dont really mind but I will hate it if later she can make humanoid body and have some reverse-harem. Hell, even lovey-dovey stuff with some male is make me uncomfortable. well as I say, I like to portray myself to MC so I have a bit of trouble to female mc. lol

Wait. I still reading up to vol 11. what do you mean by half-assed?

Watch the anime, read the manga, and dont want to spoil it. I really like manga version's illustration, so.... Any other recommendation? =D

I'm torn about this. The manga version illustration is not that good but enough to get me curious. so now I'm trying to decide whether wait for the manga or read the novel. =/

Tsuki Ga... really excited about the stories, but because of the manga I plan to reserved it. lol
    Jiiku Mahou... I'm interested on this one. so he can travel between world just like that? is the stories focusing on both world? Or the earth part only filler like vrmmorpg?
    World teacher.. read it. really enjoying it. until, you know, the depressing greyed out "next chapter". =(
    4 Billion... same question like Jiiku mahou.
    Cook of the... sooo.. only cooking? or...?
    My death flags... The chapter is little bit... Is it worth it?

13. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    No I don't watch the anime. I don't think it's fully translated yet so I'll leave it for now. If you read the novel you should know the story progresses slowly but it is really good and worth reading

14. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    Jikuu Mahou goes back and forth between worlds. Stuff that happens in our world has thus far been of no real consequence but the potential for that to change does exist. At least up to where I've read.
    4 Billion. Real world is mostly for supplies ...
    Cook of the Mercenary Corp. Basically.
    Death Flags. Hard to say. It's still early but it has enough potential that even if it isn't worth reading at the moment it could be in the future. But then beginnings seem to always be one of the stronger parts of any story.

15. loeghaz

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks. I will check it out. I just hope the update is fast enough. Too bad its still on going web novel tho. =(

16. han2xiah

han2xiah [NightDweller][MoonlightScavenger][Li'lCrazy]

Reading List:
    Link
    i think he is talking about when the mc is hiding he's powers and got the girls in a predicament because he doesn't want to be exposed
    i think it stopped when he told arisu(alice?) That he is really really high level with identity masking cheat

17. Gentlemens laugh

Reading List:
    Link
    Umm for kumo its more like she's afraid of men

18. loeghaz

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm really interested for Jikuu Mahou and 4 Billion and will check on the cooking thing. For the Death Flag I think I will wait for some updates before reading it. If its good I dont think I can stand the waiting. lol
    Thanks for the recommendation if later other novel pops out please feel free to tell me. xD

19. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    The original translators were really slow IMO. The new translator is really good with his speed. Read it, there's not many people complaining bout this novel from what I've seen

20. loeghaz

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the fact that he always have something in reserve makes him OP right? I think it makes you think "No matter what happened, I can always do this, and this" right? At least for me it does. lol

Really? I'm really interested from the synopsis and a little bit discussion about it. The only thing bugs me is the "Female MC" tag (sorry, its not like I'm sexist! You know the reason! lol) but I will give it a try. =D

Will do! Thanks for the recommendation! If later other novel pops out in your head please feel free to tell me. xD

han2xiah likes this.