Recommendations Fantasy Adventure with Male OP MC and enough chapters. No xianxia please.

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by loeghaz, Mar 25, 2016.

1. han2xiah

han2xiah [NightDweller][MoonlightScavenger][Li'lCrazy]

Reading List:
    Link
    the same for me. I know that he'll do something about it.

Yeah that is true her reaction is priceless.. i don't think she get's a harem rather
    when she got her humanoid form she becomes a guardian of one of the reincarnated person( a vampire) because it is still in child form

2. loeghaz

loeghaz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read it. Its not what I'm looking for from this thread (I mean, sure male MC and other world but the world is without magic, not really OP except his money in japan, and not really an adventure more like village building) but I really really enjoying it. Thanks for the recommendation and will checking out your other rec. xD

3. gill

gill Kairoaddict Disease Acquired

Reading List:
    Link
    Well you should read kumo, its matter not malr ot female, what matter is world annihilation

Also check out
    Invicible saint salaryman
    No fatigue
    The New Gate ~ read it even tho you have read the manga, manga out monthly so it will need maybe 10 more years before the story catch up with the LN
    TDADP

4. gill

gill Kairoaddict Disease Acquired

Reading List:
    Link
    Did we really read the same novel, at what poin did he needlessly puts everyone in danger? Isn't he always the one that get to save the people inte kingdom

What kind of half assed decision? Maybe you haven t read novel that much that you might be never find what kind of decision that 1 digit IQ mc have took, at least his move is better than some mc that like " you touch me then off with your head" . Or some mc that always think with his dick first not his brain

5. Amphidsf

Amphidsf Realm Razor

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still on the fence if the character is actually Female or just thinks they are.

6. rpgbscout

rpgbscout I don't only read mature novels

Reading List:
    Link
    http://www.novelupdates.com/series/maken-no-daydreamer/
    MC is raised by his "mother" on the forest of death and then forces him to go out an explore the world. His level of ability has far out classes majority of people except for people like his mother. Now enjoying life with girlfriend (possibly another one in current arc) and looking for powerful creatures to test his strength against.
    http://www.novelupdates.com/series/kuro-no-maou/
    MC is summoned and then trained by the Holy Church to be their secret weapon. MC manages to escape and now is trying to live his life in this new world. MC is OP compared to most people but there are plenty of people above him.
    http://www.novelupdates.com/series/true-martial-world/
    MC is reincarnated in to a martial world. World building is top class and MC is fairly cunning.

7. loeghaz

loeghaz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it that good? I will make sure I read kumo then! xD
    invicible saint... Is it OP enough? There are 9 other rival or what? If its like Shield Hero where "Here's the OPness you requested, and as a bonus I'll give you other people that as strong as you for your not-so-much-companion-or-even-enemies", I dont think I will enjoying that. :/
    No fatigue - The chapters is not that much but I'm curious about this. Add it to my "check it out" reading list!
    New Gate - Hahaha Its really like that huh? Hmm.. now I'm really considering it. But with the help of this thread I'm not running out of reading material for anytime soon. Maybe I'll read it if later.
    TDADP - I saw the page before and there is not lacking chapter, but the 12 yr old MC made me hesitant. I'm afraid that he is somewhat childish and not like MC that I want. Is that the case?

Daydream - Already on my todo list. Thanks!
    Kuro no Maou - Wait, the MC name is "Maou"? Well thats unexpected. lol The chapter count is over ...! I'm really curious about this. But whats the story's mood? Is it peacefull and relatively calm like Death March? Full of battle like Arifureta? Or is there any twisted tragedy or revenge and somewhat dark?
    TMW - Already put this on my target. Too bad 300 chapter in chinese novel is like 28 chapter in others. lol
    Btw is it xianxia (with cultivation n stuff) novel? And what is it about "shared universe" thing with Martial world? Is it sequel? prequel? Are they share same MC or is it like multiple POV thing? thanks for the info!

8. rpgbscout

rpgbscout I don't only read mature novels

Reading List:
    Link
    The MC had very abusive parents (like forcing him to eat tacks and stuff for their enjoyment), so he matured very quickly. Within his group, he is either the man of the house (harem members and servants) or father figure (dependents he picked up). The MC just wants a normal, peaceful life, but no one is letting him enough it. They are either forcefully persuading him or his girls to join their faction, they into rob him or his girls, trying to rape his girls (by the way the girls are all yanderes), or just trying to remove everyone off the face of the planet (including everyone MC cares about). The tale wants to be light heated but is fairly dark (one arc is very depressing for everyone involved but it is getting better).

This is more like Arifureta than Death March. There is a recent debate on NUF on if this novel is tragic or not (I personally stopped reading around chapter 100 due not being in the mood for it at the time. Plan on picking it back up at some point). The novel has an over dark setting with plenty of revenge, but also some slice of life moments (at one point MC begins trying to live his life as adventurer with a half-fairy that saved him). By the way, both Daydreamer and Kuro are translated by the same group.

TMW is the sequel of Martial World (I heard TMW is much better written and better world building than MW). I have not started MW yet, but I believe it the characters and locations are completely different. I believe MW happened and the aftermath is the world of TMW.

TMW is more Xuanxan (martial arts adventure) than xianxia, but there is cultivation (and a main part of the story). However, the different cultivation levels just helps the world building for me. Yes there are training arcs for the MC. Regardless, this is one of my favorite novels being currently being translated. I do strongly recommend it.

9. ArgosYesu

ArgosYesu Lord of Some Lands, Editor of Others

Reading List:
    Link
    As early on as a few dozen chapters from the beginning. The MC meets a bunch of fanatics abusing Demi-humans and he moves to stop them. Sure, that's good. Then one of them exhibits odd actions and turns into a demon which then turns into a labyrinth. What did our MC do? He watched and waited, then went "Oh crap" when everything turned upside down and a good number of people got injured (dead). It was just because he was the MC and it was a story that the demi-humans were virtually undamaged by the end and stronger, whilst everyone else was either dead or rescued by him. Even that priest didn't do as much as the MC and the entire scene was basically a training montage for the new partners as well as a way for him to ingratiate himself as a savior.

To me, he could have done far more. His stats are through the roof and his decision to wait it out and deal with the Labyrinth himself later on in the dead of night just screams of an odd desire by the author to make the MC an unrewarded Hero who solos dungeons on his own. I mean, he even gave the MC a secret identity and all that hidden hero jazz.

Your second paragraph makes 0 sense. I read enough of the story to understand the MC isn't an idiot, just that the story is. You have maybe read too many stupid Xuanhuan stories where the MC is a retarded killer, but there are more types of heroes than a Death March one and a fricken mass killer. You need to read a hell of a lot more than I do. If I had to choose between this douche with circumstantial high strength and, maybe, Shield Hero (yea, sue me) and the retarded world he is in, then I'd choose Shield Hero. Compared to this MC, Shield Hero felt more like a hero MC and actually had actions that didn't make me go "Why didn't you..."

Do I sound pissed? Yep. I couldn't answer this thing because I could barely read it.

10. Pluriscient

Pluriscient Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    M
    The anime goes up to vol.3 of the LN
    man, waiting for the manga instead of reading the LN which is 10 times better,
    I asked for something similar once, you could look in my threads (rn I'm sleeping) but IIRC polymath redux(original novel) should be good

11. kingbruh

kingbruh New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    gotta ask yall there is a korean novel where the mc is a s class hunter only in name. his ability is to just have a dream but his ability evolves so that he can day dream i forgot what its called so i need some help

12. Keene

Keene Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okami wa Nemuranai

Competent stoic MC who is isekai'd from his own fantasy world into another fantasy world. Well thought out world building with a decent amount of politicking. Lots of cool and interesting abilities and equipment.

13. orangethegreatorange

orangethegreatorange Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tho I’m pretty sure you’ve read it, The Perfect Run on Royal Road.