Recommendations Fantasy series

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Hanada, Sep 19, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Hanada

Hanada Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Am looking for something interesting to read, I usually prefer transmigration stories but I someone recommended Shadow Slave and really liked it, so as long as it have a supernatural/sci-fi element and you think it's great, reccomend it
    I prefer Male MC and please no slash

2. PeanutButter and 23 others

PeanutButter and 23 others Purple Platypus Bear w/ Pink Horn & Silver Wing

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/28687/the-last-science-se

3. FlufflyLittleRabbit

FlufflyLittleRabbit Fluff...Fluffy....FLUFFYYYYY!

Reading List:
    Link
    Hanada likes this.
  4. Night Ghost

Night Ghost Well-Known Ghost Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hanada likes this.
  5. Hanada

Hanada Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I came across COPW several times, the beginning gave me a bland impression so I never got into it, can you give a brief summary of the first 50 chapters?
    I actually read them beside OR, when I found out that it was discontinued I didn't want another Dungeon Defense situation

6. FlufflyLittleRabbit

FlufflyLittleRabbit Fluff...Fluffy....FLUFFYYYYY!

Reading List:
    Link
    That was what I think at first a few years ago when I read this novel, knowing that it has more than 800 chapters and it's too early for me to judge so I continued to read the novel. And the longer I read this novel, the more the story gets interesting. :cookie:

I'm really bad at summarizing a story so it may sound not really interesting if I write it down.:blobwoah: plus I'm not fluent in english.

Instead of like any other novels where they would fight against corrupted evil people, here, in this story is basically about the mc transmigrated as a weak orphan in the primitive world and struggling to survive in this harsh world. He was also surrounded by mysteries. As he grow stronger he would go venture out from the island and slowly unfold these mysteries. Aside from this, there's also action here but not for any shallow reason, I love how the story where there are no brain-dead characters who keeping seek death to fight against the mc.
    Also, the adventure and world-building here are pretty awesome!

PS: The author's other works are also good too, you can try to check his stories if you like.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2022
  7. Conviter

Conviter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The beginning is basically abotu the MC growing up in this primitive tribe thats completely isolated from anyone else. So at the beginning its just the MC gaining status in his tribe, growing stronger and exploring the wilderness. Including some very good action sequences.

Later on there is also more of a story and plot, but throughout all of it the world, the mystery and the adventure is the main draw of the novel. And while it is a kind of cultivation novel it is completely without any of the usual stereotypes.

FlufflyLittleRabbit likes this.
  8. Hanada

Hanada Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    does it have supernatural elements, or is it just wuxia

9. Conviter

Conviter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it does have supernatural elements, the world similar to a xanxia except more primitive and even the strongest people are not the kind of superman like people you see in the usual cultivation novel.

10. dreamduck

dreamduck Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Soul Land
    This series made me fall in love with chinese novels. It's definitely requires some form of commitment, as it is has multiple book in one world and some more if you get interested in other stories in the same universe and how they come together. A very well structured timeline and good character development was what sold it to me.