Discussion Favorite Auction Scenes in novels

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by jason3893, Dec 9, 2015.

?

Do You like auction scenes?

1. They are the best

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. They are okay

15 vote(s)
    83.3%
  3. I don't care for them

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. They suck

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jason3893

jason3893 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One of my favorite types of scenes in a novel is an auction. The strife people face when biding for items just makes me laugh. Especially when the MC is laughing in the background. From what I've read my favorite are:
    BTTH
    Douluo Dalu
    TDG
    What are your?

2. Saitama

Saitama Hmph

Reading List:
    Link
    I've come to realize that debate in novels are more exciting/thrilling than some of the actual fight scenes do they count as fight scenes? XD

Slyphy, Arua and tocos10 like this.
  3. tocos10

tocos10 Even more then the greatest Poster

Reading List:
    Link
    That one in pmg...

4. MapleKaiser

MapleKaiser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The one in TDG.
    xD

5. coveted

coveted Sexiest Banana Alive

Reading List:
    Link
    My most favorite auction scene is in Coiling Dragon when Linley auctioned his "Awakening Dream".
    Next would be the auction scenes in BTTH.

makenai89 and Saitama like this.
  6. Enigma

Enigma Follower of Jesus, he's the only way

Reading List:
    Link
    The one in issth

Saitama likes this.
  7. Slyphy

Slyphy New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My fav auction scene is in shura wrath Oh god it was so funny just thinking about it making me unable to hold back laughter xD
    too bad that translation has not reached upto there yet it was in chapter 180-200 if i remb right.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  8. SeiraJLoyard

SeiraJLoyard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That auction scene in Coiling Dragon was definitely great! it was a very in your face kinda feeling lol

9. Ldyrdy

Ldyrdy Snowfallsdown

Reading List:
    Link
    This just give me an idea to write my own novel about auction..

Please look forward to it.. Coming out approximately withing a week...

10. coveted

coveted Sexiest Banana Alive

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup! In your face Alice for hurting Linley. I was betting on you ya know! Shame on you Alice. Shame on you!

11. Slimikyi

Slimikyi ^____^

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually really adore auction scenes and auction houses. I evenly watched a bit of Auction Kings back on Discovery. Okay, that aside, I don't know a single one of those auction scenes you guys and gals mentioned. There is actually a Chinese novel that epically failed in maintaining the original plot. It's called "超級拍賣行", which loosely translates into "Super Auction House" (substitute Super with Ultra or any similar meanings).

The synopsis was not that bad.

A very powerful soul, who came from another world, entered Fang Shen's mind, opening the gateway of an "Earth Practitioner", becoming Earth's only practitioner.
    Other than training, I started, without any restraints, claiming territories. The whole Earth is mine and I can even connect and go to other worlds while claiming various kinds of treasures birthed from the Heavens and Earths. Then, I can toss them into my auction house to be auctioned while making numerous people swarm together like ducks. (T/n: I think it's about how ducklings follow the mommy duck?)
    You're infirm, close to death and need a year to take care of your funeral? Super Auction House can be of your service. Let alone a year, even adding ten years to your lifespan isn't a problem.
    You were beautiful and gorgeous but persecuted by your love rival. And ended up caught up in a house of fire that turned you into some sort of ghostly monstrosity. Super Auction House can be of your service. Restoring your youth and beauty is not a dream.
    You practiced martial arts since you were small and became quite successful, yet because of a tournament, your meridians got destroyed and ended up as a cripple? Super Auction House can be of your service. We can return you a strong and sturdy body and then, the world's peace will rest on your shoulders.
    (If anything sounds bad, too bad. Translated on a whim and I totally suck at translating.)

Point is, I like auctions and really hoped that it was about adventures of obtaining supernatural treasures and auctioning to Earth and other worlds. Like, the dude starts off in his home city then branches globally/internationally and eventually through different worlds. It'll be like trading resources except he finds them himself and auctions them out with different currency. Unfortunately, it became your vanilla Chinese Xianxia novel. Start off in a small region, then go to a bigger one (Earth in this case), then another world, then a bigger world, and so forth. Meanwhile, he continued as an "Earth Practitioner", which is basically creating a seed with your inner ki or something and planting it on a planet. He claimed Earth. Later, he became the god/owner of a larger, more powerful world. He also became a Sword Practitioner and trampled one of the largest worlds that mainly focused on Sword Practitioners.

In the end, it's not a bad novel, just your every day one you see everywhere. But the worst part is the title!! There's no freaking auctioning after the first (less than) 100 chapters or something, as I don't remember. OTL

12. Ldyrdy

Ldyrdy Snowfallsdown

Reading List:
    Link
    Just finished the prologue.. Darn this thread making me write another project lolololol

13. Slimikyi

Slimikyi ^____^

Reading List:
    Link
    As long as you're happy and you will continue with it without dropping half way, go for it~

Ldyrdy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.