Recommendations Female MCs piercing the sky

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by quivo, Jan 25, 2021.

1. quivo

quivo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just finished MTLing a series where the FMC basically slaughtered and schemed her way into becoming the emperor in name of a small sea empire in Ancient China, and I have no idea how to find more of this stuff, pls help TvT

More seriously, my favorite thing about that novel (伏波 by 捂脸大笑) was that there was no ML, or at least not in the way there usually is in the Ancient China transmigration genre. The one guy you'd think was the ML due to the time spent on him + the way he was described ended up
    forced into a corner by her so he could only rely on her pirate nation rather than continuing to be allies with the noble families in his hometown.
    I.e. she pressed him squarely into the box of 'subordinate', waved her sleeves and walked off without a care.

Which I loved. How often is it that a female MC gets to be the one standing at the top of her own world, without there being some other backer behind her?? How often is it that her goals (putting a corner of the country firmly to rights) are actually treated as the main point of the story, with the romance elements ruthlessly relegated to the sidelines? I need more of this. Surely someone has recs...

2. seemanta

seemanta ţɦɛ ʏօʊռɢɛsţ ɮʀѧţ ɨռ ţɦɛ ɦօʊsɛ

Reading List:
    Link
    Nanomancer reborn: I've become a snow girl
    It's not easy to be a man after travelling into the future (there are mild romance but it starts after 1000 chapters)
    Lady Cultivator (the romance is quite important for FL emotional growth but both they mostly stay apart except for plot needs)
    I heard I'm super fierce (Dunno if she pierced the sky but no romance plus MC OP)

3. quivo

quivo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the recs! Pretty sure I've already bounced off a couple of these (Lady Cultivator and It's not easy to be a man etc), but I'll check out the other two.

4. Bjkan

Bjkan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    which one did you read, i like the story?
    also i really loved princess wei yang, it's similar