Recommendations Female protagonist with healthy relationship or independent female lead

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by smeilia, Dec 18, 2016.

1. smeilia

smeilia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, this is my first time posting, so i think i should apologize in advance if I'm breaking any rules.
    I just wondering if there's any novel with the female protagonist have a healthy relationship with the male lead? Today is pretty boring Sunday and all novel i read always have the same story where the girl fall for the bad boy and at the end of the day, she sacrifice everything so she can end up together with him. And even if, there's some novel where the girl finally leave the jerk, she somehow end up with another guy. Well, the 2nd guy indeed treat her better, but this relationship is not in anyway a healthy relationship either. Especially considering 2nd guy also overbearing possessive male chauvinist.
    I mean seriously, I'm a girl myself and if in the real life there's a guy who treat me that way, I'll definitely say let's break up faster than the jerk can blink.
    It saddens me, to see how most author try to portray abusive relationship as romantic. I need to know that there still hopes, that there's still novel who teach young girl to fall with the right guy or at least teach them to love themselves before love someone else.

Miyuu and BlackBlade like this.
  2. rav1980

rav1980 Random Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Kumo Desu Ga Nani Ka

Is an independent every day run of the mill OP Spidergirl.

One of the best stories on NUF

DarkBlue, kenar, zikirewq and 3 others like this.
  3. koijido

koijido Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If your looking for pure drama I couldn't help you because from what i'm told you probably won't find one most novels are "I want fifty shades of my dick in your mouth so I hope you but a variety of lipstick colors and pretend to choke so I feel huge" actual quote from my friend

4. Heiyue

Heiyue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Zetcoy

Zetcoy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Phantom Starlight

Phantom Starlight The Guiding Light

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a reason I don't like reading stories with female protags in the romance genre, and its just that. The pushy bad boys that in todays society could have a restraining order put on them if you applied for it seem to frequently be the male lead. I really don't like those types.

smeilia likes this.
  7. Pork_Supreme

Pork_Supreme Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. smeilia

Reading List:
    Link
    I read a lot of good reviews about it on NUF, definitely going to put it in my reading list today. Thanks

9. zikirewq

zikirewq [Bad Guy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Kimi no Todokenai

10. Xiongace101

Xiongace101 Monkey

Reading List:
    Link
    To Be A Virtuous Wife its straight up one-one for the love interest it has abit of politics but thats ok

Dizzcity, luxe and ludagad like this.
  11. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Miyuu

Miyuu ☆Innocent & Harmless☆The most normal☆『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    • To Be A Virtuous Wife - 5 stars. it was great no further comments.
    • A Slight Smile is Very Charming - 4.5 stars. cute and fluffy.
    • Seven unfortunate lifetimes - 5 stars. funny as hell.
    • Just blame me for being blind at the start - 4 stars. not bad but could be better.
    • A mistaken marriage match: Record of washed away injustices - 3.5 stars. good read.
    • Common sense of a duke's daughter - 4.5 stars. this is exactly what you're looking for.
    • My Disciple Died Yet Again - 5 stars. healthy or not, female lead is very funny, story is absolutely hilarious, male lead is faithful and reasonable.
    • Eight Treasures Trousseau - 5 stars. a very matching couple.
    • Blazing Sunlight - 3.5 stars. good but not great, true male lead comes second.
    • Love Can Do Miracles - 3.5 stars. definitely an unhealthy relationship and girl ditch the guy and send him to a hospital for a month, so, worth the read.
    • One life one incarnation: Beautiful bones - 4 stars. not bad.
    • Turning Back Time - 4.5 stars. short story, tear jerker, divorce.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    Raneday, luxe, ludagad and 3 others like this.
  13. starwarscards

starwarscards Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How is Toradora a healthy relationship? did not finish the whole thing but seemed pretty unhealthy to me before I stoped reading. Get better later on or something?

14. smeilia

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh, you just crushed my hope. These authors really make all male over there sound like a jerk with overwhelming libido.
    I mean there's definitely a good guy with common sense and conscience in real life, why can they make story about it?

15. naviet

naviet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry im confused. Did u search novel with overbearing possesive 2nd guy?

16. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal

Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal 「ZA ROYAL ROASTER」「ZEE KOUHAI」

Reading List:
    Link
    Mm, should I feel admiration or pity towards your friend...?

17. smeilia

Reading List:
    Link
    I know right? It really confused me how people that should be reported for sexual harassment being portrayed as romantic or good partner. As if we are women enjoy being harassed.

Phantom Starlight likes this.
  18. Pork_Supreme

Pork_Supreme Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know what you really felt was unhealthy, they're a pair of high school students who have never been in a relationship before. Throughout the series, they both hurt the other one as they learn about their own feelings and learn how to put their lives in perspective. So yeah, it isn't a completely fluffy story where they love eachother from page 1 and everything is pink with roses the whole time. Stuff happens, feelings are born, they hurt eachother and things move to the eventual conclusion. Some of the particulars are a bit ridiculous, but the overall premise is reasonable.

19. Blique

Blique Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dislike Genius Doctor Black Belly Miss's romance so far. The male lead doesn't seem to have much concept of consent/boundaries. It's better than most novels though, I'll admit.

1/2 Prince definitely has an independent female(?) lead. I guess the romance could be seen as kinda physically abusive towards the male lead, but he's...kinda sorta a masochist for the protagonist, so he literally wants to be hit? It's a little weird. But that's just for the slapstick comedy parts. When the mood is serious, they definitely care about each other and respect each other's boundaries.

I'll Live My Second Life! has an independent female lead. No romance so far, though it'll probably come up at some point in the far off future.

Common Sense of a Duke's Daughter is definitely in line with what you're looking for. Very independent female lead; romance is later on, and the male lead is excellent in his respect and treatment of the protagonist

The Reincarnated Princess Strikes Down Flags Today as Well is pretty good, but hasn't been updated in a long time.

smeilia likes this.
  20. kassab

kassab Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is Dungeon Defense to be honest i like the female lead way more than the MC