LCD Fey evolution merchant

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by canaria23, Mar 21, 2021.

1. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Digimon/pokemon style story
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/fey-evolution-merchant/
    Nu description:
    A century after the Spirit Qi Awakening, the world enters a new era. Humans are able to absorb the world’s awakened spirit qi, allowing them to tread on a new path—spirit qi occupations!

Simultaneously, the plants and animals on the planet are also evolving toward their ancestry line or developing spiritual mutations.

Lin Yuan realizes that he can assist feys in evolving limitlessly and constantly purify their bloodlines. He starts off with a small fey evolution store on the Star Web and rises up from there.

Lin Yuan: “There is no problem that I cannot solve to deliver the goods. If there is a problem, it is because the goods are better than expectations!”

2. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    mc is fucking eldeen from ys 4, he made black and white emelas-like wings lol

Sharudeis likes this.
  3. Zom the Monk

Zom the Monk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, as far as the wings, it definitely falls under the somewhat cliché/chuuni choice that I honestly get a bit disappointed with. Hopefully it doesn't become a vital part of the story as it goes along.

4. Hamski

Hamski Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've got a bit of an unrelated question. I tried to pick this story up the other day and ended up giving up for 2 reasons, and I was wondering if someone who has actually read this can help me decide if I should keep reading.

Firstly, the details for the feys and all the different terms flying around made it impossible for me to tell what's going on. What's the difference between grade and quality? Why do we need combat-class, support-class, etc terms for feys when we can just say their abilities? What does king rank mean? There were some others but I was just really confused, so I was wondering if the author ever actually made the power system clear.

The other thing I was worried about is worldbuilding. I don't really understand the size of the world, but it seems rather small. There are also only 100 years of history, so there shouldn't be too many truly powerful people in this world. I'm concerned about the scope of the novel. How does the author manage to keep it interesting once the main character has surpassed the people in the world? Also, I don't see any mention of a threat, so I'm not understanding the need to focus on combat in this world. Do criminals drive conflict? Has society collapsed? Or is it interstellar-type stuff?

5. Sharudeis

Sharudeis Semi-narcoleptic

Reading List:
    Link
    Grade refers to the power level of the fey, while quality refers more to the innate quality. You can think of quality as something similar to a pokemon's EV stats. Higher quality is similar to higher EV, capping out at Legend rank and giving additional perks. For grade, you can think of it as the usual level rank system. Combat/support/etc is mostly just used as a way to categorise the skills since there's a large number of different feys introduced and they tend to have different skills, even in the same species.

For worldbuilding, the simplest explanation at low chapter count is that the world has expanded to become larger.
    In later chapters, there's explanations about the world. it expanded many times, and is large enough that countries are pretty much isolated from one another and need special feys to communicate and travel. In addition to all that, there are dimensional rifts that open up around the place and huge swathes of wilderness.
    For threats, there hasn't been much as of yet (c250). A few minor disputes, that's all, if we speak of the current obstacles that mc has. But for the world in general, there are rifts that open up and spill out aggressive monsters, so they are somewhat more combat-oriented. Not to mention, this isn't exactly a xianxia so mc isn't going to 'surpass the people in the world'. He is decently strong, but not ludicrously overpowered, and that's just for his region.

Hamski likes this.
  6. Zoro_r

Zoro_r Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's review time,
    guys I have read around 1498 chapter and so far I can say that author is new to this genre or maybe he is a new author altogether and he is trying his best but there are few plot holes and sometimes author is trying to make MC too kind but he doesn't know there is a fine line between kind person and naive person. Also one thing that I don't like is that, MC sell's some goddess pearl (high quality products in exchange for some low to medium product which he totally can get from his master) FYI- MC's master is one of the Top richest person on his planet. Overall theme is great and author is improving with every chapter he write and that is important, very important.

darthpsykoz likes this.
  7. darthpsykoz

darthpsykoz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

Can you tell me how much his Feys + faction have evolved/developped by then? The progress seems way too slow, mainly as he has dozens of Feys he is nurturing at the same time.

8. slayer6950

slayer6950 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm only on Chapter 28 and I agree, the system structure is not well described and these early chapters are very muddy and slow.

I don't understand what qualifies as a contracted fey. It mentions that a regular person would be able to contract 2-3 feys and a genius would be able to contract up to 5. The MC already has the copper band thing, the cat, the bird. That is 3, and now the healing plant, making it 4. I assume there will be a lot more coming. It feels like there is a hidden classification on what qualifies as a "fey" for the contracts.

I find it very odd for the MC to be combat focused when all of the content is pointing to him becoming a non-combat professional. His special ability is to nurture and evolve the fey, the profession he targets follows this same path, and neither the traditional profession or his special ability have any mention of a combat requirement. So far, his backstory has no mention of there being any combat focused events. His life as described at this point, revolves around the family store and his sister's education. There has been no mention of any dream of becoming a combat master or anything. I don't understand his apparent need to have a healer as his first contract. The profession he is striving for is knowledge focused, and he has a cat with a skill that would provide precise memory. Why does he not use the Spirit Lock on the cat, obtain the precise memory skill and use it to establish a solid foundation in his chosen profession instead of relying on the cat to memorize it and have to ask the cat for the answers? What if the cat isn't around?

Last edited: May 23, 2022
  9. Ahi

Ahi New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This whole novel is focused on one concept: 'GROWTH'
    If you are an enjoyer of combat you wont like it very much. the MC is growing to be a leader & also to be a one man army. But the rate of MC's personal growth is pitifully slow. even after 2600 chapter the Fey is only about to be grown into Mythic breed. But MC took control over several dimensional world. Where you can see his parent died to defend against a small dimensional crack. the more he grows stronger the more he understands the world & about other worlds. I'm currrently at 2610 chapler & now the Mc has subordinate than are far stronger than his Master Moon Impress. He is on his way to take control of the whole world literally. THIS is not a novel where MC grows by fighting only . It focuses on gathering & managing resources . The MC is focused on Quality over fast growth thats why all his fey are special & unique. Good luck with reading.