Discussion FFIVX is bad, prove me wrong

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Jojo775, Dec 5, 2021.

1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I never played the game, but I just wanted to say you're using the Roman numeral system wrongly. It's FFXIV.

IVX isn't anything in Roman numbering... >.>

Jojo775 likes this.
  2. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, it's been bugging me coz I knew I was doing something wrong.

AliceShiki likes this.
  3. Dahna

Dahna (-, – )…zzzZZZ

Reading List:
    Link
    Compared to the new MMORPGs, old MMORPGs like WoW and FFXIV don't attract new players I think.

About FFXIV, you're still in the free trial, so I only talk about trial things.
    A Realm Reborn main story isn't good and damn long, many people hate it, but you can skip them. Process in the main story will help you explore the world easier.
    Grinding levels from 1 to 60 without exp buffs can give many people headaches, especially when you start as a DPS and have no experience in this MMORPG type. Slow running speed, long queue time, lack of survival skills, no AOE skills, 4 buttons skills, no one explaining what going on,... are things even subscribed players hate about jobs that start from level 1. If you can bear them and reach Heavensward, the game is ok, if not, you should play a different game.
    About skills, it's hard to say it's good or not, because it depends on the player. A fact about FFXIV skills, they become better after level 60, which means you must buy the game to enjoy it fully. Besides, if you love real-time actions MMORPG such as Black Desert Online, Blade & Soul, Destiny, Warframe... FFXIV doesn't for you.

Also, you already dislike the game, so it's no use to explain how good the FFXIV can be because you won't believe in conflicting opinions.

ANonMouse likes this.
  4. ANonMouse

ANonMouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    agreed with everyone else, but this statement isn't quite true atm. FFXIV got a massive influx of new players because of all the WoW refugees migrating to it, which itself created a lot of interest for new players, esp with the word of mouth proselyting the game's long-term players have been doing in anticipation of this new expansion.

Maybe things are different in the Asian MMO market, but in western markets, there aren't a lot of mmos these days because the fad wore off awhile back and existing mmo players already had their game they dumped thousands of hours of effort into, which dried up the mmo marketplace (which is why the whole era of "is this the new WoW slayer?!" resulted in a lack of mmos being created afterwards for almost a decade). Atm there's a lull in the new big gaming genre (went from minecraft to lol/dota to fortnite), and FFXIV came across the perfect situation to grab up old mmo players of an imploding competitor as well as the perfect timing to grab attention to appeal to new potential players.

ongoingwhy likes this.
  5. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Except there's so many new players recently that FFXIV's director and producer, Yoshi-P, had to apologize twice recently for not anticipating the sudden influx of players. (Even though they did plan for server upgrades based on projections and no one could predict a sudden influx.) They even ran out of CD keys.

6. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks at title, “FFIVX is bad, prove me wrong
    Skims though op post
    FFIVX = final fantasy 410? :confusedcatblob: Never heard of it, you playing final fantasy game from future? Can’t prove you wrong as I can’t play game from future~ Jk lol

u probably referring to ff14/ffxiv, I haven’t played so cant prove you wrong anyhow but heard it was pretty bad when it first came out then got an overhaul which is paying off because players seem to enjoy it.
    But I expected it to be a grindy game, which is not that surprising if u don’t like to grind.

Dahna likes this.
  7. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    That would be FF CDX actually. IVX just means nothing in roman numerals~

8. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
    Thus I put ? Mark
    I don’t think it be ff40 since it be XL ~

9. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude that basically every FF games ever. Try grinding on 7,8,9,10...

Grinding is no fun. But for us FF Boomers, grinding is the best part of games. Especially if you do with your friends.

10. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I did like I said in OP.... the problem isn't grinding, it's the game, quests suck, combat sucks, no voice acting besides main quest cut scenes and grinding sucks.

11. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it makes much sense to compare an MMO with a JRPG... They're completely different genres... >.>

12. Miku

Miku

Reading List:
    Link
    what do you grind in 8? the cards?

13. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    Magic and item

14. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone that enjoys grinding in an offline singleplayer jrpg might not do the same when it comes to an mmorpg though.
    I don't know about FFXIV in particular but mmorpgs often tend to have longer and more drawn out grind than in solo rpgs.
    For example I enjoyed the grind in the solo FFs up to FFXII, but that same grind is also part of what prevented me from getting into FFXI, although that was partly also because of how group focused the game was.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
    AliceShiki and Jojo775 like this.