TV Filipino Drama

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by CheeseBread, Jul 14, 2017.

1. CheeseBread

CheeseBread Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So i just turned on my tv and and currently on screen is "pusong ligaw" Im a filipino but I really don't really watch filipino dramas. I don't know but I consider ALMOST ALL filipino dramas trash, it doesn't make any sense. The relationships of the characters are SO COMPLEX that you might have migraine a few minutes after watching it. Like the mom of the 1 character has crazy mental issues and her husband feels like hes having an affair with the wife of the other mc and the other father of the character has severe inferiority complex while his wife is so naive and acts like she was still in high school who just had her first love.

P.S almost all plots and twists in filipino dramas are the same. They hate each other, kills each other, steal his wife, kill his wife. Its almost like your typical xianxia novels should I say it is worst than your typical xianxia novels.

2. Absence

Absence Abs-kun.

Reading List:
    Link
    The only Filipino drama I watched was that Jollibee commercial series.

3. Redmi

Redmi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    F-drama...

4. ThinderDragon

ThinderDragon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not just filipino dramas also chinese dramas are like that. lol

5. JnardGuillio

JnardGuillio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    F-Drama Bucket List (White Van) (Men in Mask) (Kidnapping) (Antagonist is Stupid) (Bunch of Men that can't kill the enemy)

6. AurumGold

AurumGold [An Element]

Reading List:
    Link
    Filipino dramas make me puke.

Can't stand it. All they do is cry and cry and cry.

The same plot too for every gosh damn drama. Mostly the antagonist is related to the MC (the bad guys are so freakin obvious u go wtf? They dint realise?)

Oh and don't get me started on the freakin love triangles. Shet. Stupid.

7. Yunele

Yunele Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are the typical cliche stories available in every respective country. It just so happens that the Filipino one focuses on the "common" and I mean the over-used type of story setting where there are 4 MC's. The MC, MC's Heroine, MC's Other Heroine and, for the clincher, the MC's Heroine's other Partner (usually MC's Best Friend). Other than that there's also the weathered "reverse son/daughter plot", the hacienda plot, and finally the new comer the "start the story with encounter in another country plot".

8. Yukino

Yukino Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's probably just like all these webnovel we read. One person make it, enough people like it, then everyone else just keep copying the first person. Some people will start feeling fed up really soon but many likely continue to enjoy it, thus the ongoing same old cliche with different setting.

9. kofi-ou

kofi-ou Hmmmm? Hhmm

Reading List:
    Link
    lol i can relate

but their classic novels are good such as Ibong Adarna(Cocatrice) and Smoking the Mango Trees. Bayaning Panday(Hero Blacksmith) is also fucking good and is best in its genre. Eronovels by Sugardark is highly recomended ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

10. kofi-ou

kofi-ou Hmmmm? Hhmm

Reading List:
    Link
    since it's a bullied country lol

11. Falhrus

Falhrus Avoiding enemies is hard work y'know?

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't watch dramas.

12. CheeseBread

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, its pretty stupid and almost all dramas have love triangles. Why do filipinos watch this sh**? I mean if I was depressed or something I might commit suicide if I watch this thing. It makes you more depressed.

raiha88 likes this.
  13. kofi-ou

kofi-ou Hmmmm? Hhmm

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't know whether to laugh or cry

14. Shuchou

Shuchou Simplicity is the easiest path to true beauty.

Reading List:
    Link
    Well all tv drama's on Asia all have the same concept to other drama's on their country. For example, Philippine dramas if I'm not wrong is all about wife, cheating husband or like rich man poor woman theme which aim for Parent type or for old ones. Korean drama's aim for gay man and woman with their romance. Japan drama's aim for teenager with their school type drama's . And Chinese have their Xianxia theme dramas. In any case, all of them are trash as long as its not in your taste. Thailand i dont know but if movie base they seems to aim for comedic horror type.

And just as you've said if filipino drama's kept repeating the Wife steal, Husband cheater etc etc. Then Chinese kept repeating their xianxia. Japanese kept repeating their school dramas and korean kept repeating their gay romance. In the end, its all about your taste. We all have our taste to hate, in your case filipino drama and in my case korean gay. And my point is, we can't do anything to that but to just dont watch it :p

15. Falhrus

Falhrus Avoiding enemies is hard work y'know?

Reading List:
    Link
    >~> Can't really refute that despite being a Filipino myself. Still, it's mildly offending. (Meaning I'm not really offended but please tread carefully XD)

16. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I want drama I would just watch my relatives......That drama start generation ago during the world war 2 and still ongoing.

17. kofi-ou

kofi-ou Hmmmm? Hhmm

Reading List:
    Link
    It might be because filipinos are addicted too much with love team and the likes. The pairings are overused unlike in my country(where we ship anime characters lol)

18. CheeseBread

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with that though. Spain, americans, japan, more americans.

19. kofi-ou

kofi-ou Hmmmm? Hhmm

Reading List:
    Link
    haha i have an ounce of filipino blood in me too. I feel ashamed XD

20. Luxcilla

Luxcilla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a Filipino and watching those TV dramas or even if i hear some of their conversations makes me cringe to the bone.