Feature Request Filter out instant 1 star spam reviews

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by Novelupdatesaccount1, Nov 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Novelupdatesaccount1

Novelupdatesaccount1 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've noticed that many of the new Qidian novels instantly get a bunch of 1 star ratings as soon as they're added. (e.g. daoist-master-of-qing-xuan)

This then leads to a bunch of other people giving the novel instant 5 star reviews to counteract the 1 stars. Overall this makes it impossible to determine whether the novel's worth reading, especially as none of these users ever post a text review.

Would it be possible to put in a system to flag and filter out reviews by people who instantly give multiple novels 1 star reviews as soon as the novel is added to the site?

2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Best advice I can give you is to ignore ratings altogether, they're mostly useless over here.

3. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to add a model:
    Users can only rate a story after it has over maybe 10 reviews or so. This can specified by the person making the series page. This way, I believe this can be reduced to a significant level.

4. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not only qidian novels tho so i think they are just a troll.

Nom de Plume likes this.
  5. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    It is. I can’t see the reviews myself, but I heard at least one person had given out over 300 one star reviews to new novels.

It is a problem, but not a priority. In the meantime I suggest sorting by number of readers.

For the reviews, the amount of legitimate reviews will outweigh the trolls by sheer number.

Requiring any amount of text even for the first 10 reviews would result in a lot of “N/A” reviews flooding the “review” queue which is only manned by one staff. At least the current system has sincere unsolicited text reviews. The people making the series page are not always staff, so giving them any ability to restrict reviews would be random af. If you mean setting them as moderator for those reviews, it’s responsibility they didn’t ask for.

AliceShiki and MangoGuy like this.
  6. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok then... But some kind of time should be there where a new book is protected simply to encourage new TLs.

7. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    I’d like to be able to get an alert when someone or multiple someone’s give an excessive amount of 1 star reviews. And then put them on probation for ability to review at all. Only to punish trolls and bots who culminate hundreds of such 1 star reviews on things they obviously haven’t cared to read.

MangoGuy and AliceShiki like this.
  8. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    Ntr novels is an example of 1 star ratings.

9. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    This is interesting. NU tracks the ratings given by members, so I think this is actually viable.