Spoiler Finished reading WMW and here's my opinion

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by art17, Aug 13, 2016.

1. art17

art17 [Wandering Poet]

Reading List:
    Link
    Finished reading Warlock of the Magus World via MTL though... But I don't regret my decision and quite satisfied....

So here I am finding myself wanting to share my opinion about WMW...
    The first 300 chapter are good and fresh... The next arc(Extreme Dark territory arc) 400 -600, some part are easily predictable while still good.. Chapter 600 - 900 here are where the real story begins the Mainland arc/ Middle continent... Chapter 900-1203 like any other xianxia the godhood arc, the story are quite repetitive in this arc while still good to read...

The only think that bugging me is the A.I chip... It is really convenient( and the biggest source of deus ex machina in the story)... Really... It can even comprehend a rule(Dao).. Ji Ning, Meng Hao and Linley has to rely on insight to comprehend a rule but Leylin can solely rely on A.I chip... And oh yeah... The marriage part is suck... There are no marriage because it is skipped by the author... I'm serious Leylin only annouce he want to marry the heroine and the next few chapter they already married...
    Regardless WMW still the best story I've ever read..

2. ali2260

ali2260 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How much of WMW is understandable on lnmtl? I'm reading MW there and I can understand about 85-95% of the story there is it the same for WMW or is it harder to understand the mtl?

3. wise-old-men

wise-old-men Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you are a freak !! i can t read mtl ! it s like having needles poking in my head !!

KuroOkami likes this.
  4. BlackBlade

BlackBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    An AI chip is very technologically advanced and far far far far far superior to a humans thinking ability. It's like comparing the mass of a speck of dirt to a galaxy. It's also upgraded everytime he increases in power, so it outpaces his mind as he grows in levels. And if you're not okay with that then why did you read a story about a guy with an AI chip :)?

I like that the author didn't nerf leylin or under power him and actually followed the premise of the story consistently. I hate stories where the mc should be op or have great ability based on the story, but the author bs'es and writes a terrible unrealistic plot to make things tense.

Also it's not a deus ex machina, it's literally his central and original power. Dont tell me you also think it's irritating one punch man can one punch things ;)

5. art17

art17 [Wandering Poet]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't hate it... I like it... I'm just feeling sorry for Meng Hao and the other... As for Deus ex machina I don't want to argue about it because you'll know what I mean when you read godhood arc/world of god arc

6. art17

art17 [Wandering Poet]

Reading List:
    Link
    And you're wrong.... He will be under powered in the extreme dark territory arc but it is still good to read... And at the start of godhood arc he will split his soul to be reincarnated in the god world ( he start from zero again and it is quite repetitive) still an awesome read though....

7. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Well to begin with he's not really cultivating the Dao...
    He's a warlock

8. art17

art17 [Wandering Poet]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah you're right he is a warlock but the rule and domain thing techniques are very similar to the one on Desolate Era... And the other has to comprehend it manually while he can use AI chip... Poor Ji Ning why didn't you have an AI chip...

Raneday likes this.