Discussion Fire Emblem 3 Houses

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Anra7777, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Who else is so excited over the new Fire Emblem Three Houses info? ~\(≧▽≦)/~ Are you planning on pre-ordering it? Standard or collector’s edition? (So sad that collector’s edition preorders are already sold out. (╥﹏╥)) Is there anyone you’re already hoping to romance? (*cough* Dmitri and Claude for me *cough*) Anything you’re really looking forward to about the game? Are you planning on playing as a boy or a girl? (Me, it depends on if there there children and what the romance mechanics are like... but I’m not sure I want to look it up before starting up the game either.)

2. lordsoul

lordsoul Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    going to buy it but cant thinks of any reason to preorder it when I can just download iit or order it online.

proably two playthroughs just see if anything changes.

3. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how many character need to die to find weird ending~

nah that aside
    I will wait for youtube video to find da story
    no money
    hic.png

4. KIZUKI

KIZUKI 〈Shem's Minion〉《Fish licker》

Reading List:
    Link
    I am more excited of the announcement of rune factory 5

thymee likes this.
  5. forecast

forecast [Batoto Veteran] [sakurahana veteran]

Reading List:
    Link
    well first of all I need the nintendo switch then I need to buy the game.

After I win the lottery then I will buy it. T_T

Robofs740 and Sabruness like this.
  6. Tianshen

Tianshen Ex-Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Saw it when it just came out yesterday, it seems dope. Maybe it's time to buy a Switch after all, there's dragon quest and final fantasy port too, so there's hope other games from those franchises will be ported in the future.

Anra7777 likes this.
  7. Alexios Blake

Alexios Blake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Astral Chain also looks good.

8. King0Mik

King0Mik 【An Actual Idiot】

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's interesting and will introduce a lot of new mechanics.

The demo video didn't show enough to indicate that your MyUnit will be able to romance other units (and this has only really been a thing in Awakening and Fates). I personally hope they will. I also wonder if they're going to have petting like in the Japanese version of Fates.

I really hope that they don't parts of the game DLC like they did with Fates, but based on the demo, it seems a little less likely.

I don't have any particular characters I'm looking to romance at the moment.

EDIT: Don't think I'll preorder though.

9. Alexios Blake

Reading List:
    Link
    The relationships where always part of FE only since Awakening was it turned into a dating sim like system. Well even if it is in the game the worst part, the children, doesn’t seem to be in the game and that’s good. As for the petting could be in could also not be in.

10. King0Mik

King0Mik 【An Actual Idiot】

Reading List:
    Link
    I know relationships were a part of FE before Awakening; I never said that they weren't. I said that it wasn't until Awakening and Fates that your MyUnit character AKA the Avatar (i.e. Robin/Reflet in Awakening, Corrin/Kamui in Fates) was able to romance other characters. MyUnit has been a character before like in FE7, but was not able to have relationships with other characters.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  11. Tranquil Dream

Tranquil Dream Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm much more excited for Rune factory 5:)

12. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    ill see if chinese resellers can nab a limited edition from japan. if not, ill buy digital

13. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Bumping since the game is out in less than two weeks! ~\(≧▽≦)/~ I’ve had mine preordered since March. I still haven’t decided whether to play boy or girl. I like the design of the guy better, but I want to be able to romance the guys! And not just Lindhart! (╯‵□′)╯︵┻━┻

I am so freaking excited I’ve been practically doing nothing but watch FE3H videos all day the past several days.

Still can’t decide on my house... I was solidly going for Blue Lions, but ever since the E3 trailer I’ve been wavering and thinking of the Golden Deer instead. I think I may be in the minority of people who prefer pre-time skip Dmitri...

14. regan

regan Forever baby!!

Reading List:
    Link
    emulator is there. dunno if they can launch the game or no and you need to wait till the game is cracked:whistle:

15. ANonMouse

ANonMouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think at some point it was confirmed there would be no petting. Instead, you'll have tea in private. No idea what that entails though.

Fire emblem is one of those series I'm willing to preorder, even with getting burned by things like shadow dragon on the DS. I never get collector's editions of any games, though. I suppose I'm cautiously optimistic at the moment. There was a lot of good things shown in the nintendo treehouse around E3, but I'm still a bit iffy about the general combat system since some people who are reviewing it say the combat systems were influenced by Echoes, which is my least favorite of the series since Awakening revived it, precisely because of its changes to combat. I love the idea of having Personaesque character development and interaction though, and am thoroughly looking forward to truly exploring the depths of these characters.

I'm planning to play through each of the three houses eventually, but I'll probably start with Golden Deer. Claude seems the most optimistic of the three leaders, and I'd want a lighter campaign to dip my toes into first before heading into the heavy emotional territory that is obviously Dimitri post time skip.

Anra7777 likes this.
  16. Alexios Blake

Reading List:
    Link
    So far the reviews are very positive, Famitsu gave it a 37/40 the highest a Fire Emblem game got from it together with Shadows of Valentia. As for my playthrough my favorite class so far are the Black Eagles but I want that playthrough to be really good. So my first one will be with the Golden Deers, not Blue Lions since I tend to get easily depressed.

udonsage and Anra7777 like this.
  17. udonsage

udonsage [Underpaid Software Developer] [Lazy Novelist]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm excited for the game as well. I haven't played a FE game since the GBA. So, I'm very interested in finding out whats new features are offered in the game and how the combat has changed.

Based on the look of the trailers, it feels like FE: three houses is the pinnacle of the anime cel-shaded style besides persona 5 of this generation.

Anra7777 likes this.
  18. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
  19. Bythesea

Bythesea Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm excited for this game but does anyone else think the title translation is kinda dull? The game is called 風花雪月 (Literally Wind Flower Snow Moon) in Japan and it's an idiom for fleeting beautiful things.

Also I'll have to play as a girl because intsys won't make Claude gay and I'm gonna bang him anyways. There's no child units this time around so no need to optimize supports.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    Anra7777 likes this.