Discussion First experience of aot

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by MissEnigma128, May 28, 2021.

Tags:
  1. MissEnigma128

MissEnigma128 permanent caffeinated oversleeper

Reading List:
    Link
    How was your first impression of/experience with Shingeki no Kyojin or Attack on Titan?

As for me, I was 12 when I watched the first episode and I got traumatized. (not much) And besides I don't like violence and action movies much. Now I picked it up again and I can say I'm enjoying it.

2. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    My honest first impression?

Someone actual recommended me SnK even before it had an anime. I still clearly remembered that I thought

"shit art"

and then never touch it again until it became popular.

babybb likes this.
  3. Lois.

Lois. ❲.❳ Wooosh.

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly do not really like aot. It's mostly overhyped by what happens in the middle of the series and as someone who judges by my initial reaction the anime didn't really have much impact to me because.
    Death. Death. Death. Over and over again which gets boring at a point imo but for others that's the good part of the anime.
    Cliches and overused plot shit imo.
    The story and prompt is yeah interesting but engaging? It depends on your preference. It may also have to be due to me disliking anime that's just overly popular like no offense but *ahem,* darling In the franxx *ahem,* no hate to 02 cause she fucking carried the popularity flow of the fucking anime but everything else? Subpar.

4. Yumiko Heartfilia

Yumiko Heartfilia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was scared, When In 2nd Episode, Colossal Titan was behind eren, That time I was so freaking scared, couldn't sleep all night, But it was interesting at the same time, so I continue to watch it at morning not at night! :cry::blobtired:

5. thatweebudontknow

thatweebudontknow Apparently I exist

Reading List:
    Link
    I found it cool and interesting but tbh really really hated eren he just kinda sucked and had zero improvements until the fourth season where's he's somewhat more likable
    This might be concerning but it used to be my comfort anime for a while loll

6. Cereal Is Life

Cereal Is Life Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was turned off when I saw the titans transforming and smashing through the walls. It was too violent and gory for me when first watched it because of the hype.

Now, I'm over that and got interested in the story and development of the remaining characters.

MissEnigma128 likes this.
  7. Deleted member 176237

Deleted member 176237 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped the AoT manga after Candice died.

8. Professional_lurker

Professional_lurker [Pro gacha gamer]

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the first season, it kinda felt like a rollercoaster. Then by the second season I started getting bored, especially with Eren getting kidnapped every other episode. :facepalm::facepalm:
    Then I read the manga and I saw that it will get good and now I kinda want to watch the anime completely.

9. Bowie

Bowie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't mind me just passing by trying to get 50 messages :blobsalute:

10. aShinyVaporeon

aShinyVaporeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I watched the first season but never touched again afterwards. Not because I disliked it, I just never really felt like watching more.
    My first impression was "kinda weird art style" and "wow, giant naked people eating people".
    I liked some of the themes on it, but overall I didn't really like it enough to get into the fandom or anything.

And then I read a bunch of spoilers on the wiki after the first season ended and never touched it again.

11. Ahmya

Ahmya mammiyaah~

Reading List:
    Link
    only watched season 1 but didn't want to bother watching the rest of the seasons... it was unique but it was not really my type...

12. MissEnigma128

MissEnigma128 permanent caffeinated oversleeper

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, everyone has different opinions on it. But I can say it's hyped a lot. Because even before I started watching it, I used to watch short clips of some anime and it just recommended itself to me.
    Also, for about 2 years, my sister would whine to me about the deaths and stuff. She loves the gory and violent anime and just made me watch it. And I actually read the last two chapters of the manga before watching without understanding anything. And yes, I was spoiled a lot. So I wasn't that surprised when characters died. I wanted to watch more of it. Maybe it is the feeling you get when you watch a new genre. Nowadays, I'm just watching more violence animes. But still slice of life is my favorite genre.

Sasha or Hanji?

13. babybb

babybb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I watched the anime years ago when it first came out and there was only 1 season… and it didn’t leave a very lasting impression. I finished the season and kinda thought, “huh, nice,” and then promptly moved on and didn’t think about it again until it became popular recently.

I distinctly remember thinking how ugly a lot of characters were animated :blobjoy:

14. theiojoe

theiojoe New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am also waiting for the next season.

Hopefully they will lauch soon