News Flying Lines

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by caslie, Dec 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caslie

caslie Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Flying Lines has started they're pay wall for chapters. There will be no free chapters for certain releases. I don't have full list but those under they're exclusive is being treated as licensed works. That's the how its looking to be. This isn't an official statement from them but then again I'm not expecting one.

2. bgta

bgta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do they actually have the license?

Tho, it's no wonder now why they retranslated some popular BL novel.

3. caslie

caslie Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think so. If they do they haven't said so and neither does they're website in any of their terms of service.The novels are also from many different sites. They're preemptively posting translations to lay claim and then get them. It happens? If they did it would be nice if they posted some notice ( aka flying lines, reply if you see this). Flying Lines came out fast with a lot of translations of poor quality before picking up more works, posting daily and sometimes what is clearly mtl pages. They came out the same time tapread did about. A few weeks in the pay system was set up but not active and now it is.

They do have free sp but its nowhere as generous as Webnovel where you can read more than one chapter daily. It would take days to get enough to read as casual reader. FlyingLines SP is like whaling on app games. You need to check in 365 days, every day to get the maximum benefit or pay. More SP the longer your on the site reading. The SP also expires in about a month? I didn't time down to exact date. So your choice, its not meant for casual readers, just as the games aren't rewarding for causal gamer.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    Kitama likes this.
  4. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You do get free SP by doing some tasks but yeah there is a pay wall. I am now only reading the free novels and one that I have to unlock with SP. I won't be starting a new series because they might start costing SP. So I'm giving any extra SP I get to the free translations in the gift section hearts and coffee.

5. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Ai-chan gave a try reading their translation some months ago, and was disappointed by how wrong their translation of Ascendance of A Bookworm was. That's the only title Ai-chan gave a go, so Ai-chan can't say much about the rest of their titles. But if the quality of translation is the same throughout the site, you'd be pretty much throwing money down the drain because you can probably get a comparable result by google translating.

Zozo7400, Kitama and kenar like this.
  6. gnessa14

gnessa14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think novels under pay walls shouldn't show up under NU.

7. Random lurker

Random lurker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its time to be a pirate.... Again

Wildfaeries likes this.
  8. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Flying Lines is basically a pirate website.
    What's the difference?
    Even thieves need to eat.
    [​IMG]

Wildfaeries likes this.
  9. Szara

Szara Your average American Psycho

Reading List:
    Link
    I suspected they would do something like this when their site kept trying to get me to make an account & log in.

Their translation is not great. I don’t think they have adequate English-speaking editors, at least for one of the novels I’ve read there...

I was mildly amused when they confused the word ‘exclaimed’ with ‘ejaculated’ in multiple instances. I left a comment correcting them but I don’t think they ever read it or bothered changing it.

Zozo7400, potatofriez, Kitama and 2 others like this.
  10. wantek

wantek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmm.... i just put a comment about one of their novels that seems mistranslated and losing some of the original text
    a few days ago. if what you say is right and they dont really care about the translation quality maybe i should just ignore the
    missing text and the site completely and just read the raw or use mtl for the novels i read on their sites

11. Little Potato

Little Potato Sexiest Potato Alive [SpaceBar's Master]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think a lot of these problems occur because of the business model flying lines has. Just like webnovel, they encourage more translators to sign up and post translations because they promise 'benefits' like gifts and votes and under these kinds of circumstances, it's not hard to see that translators would end up prioritizing 'Quantity' over 'Quality' (Plus, majority of their readers don't seem to give a flying fk. Moreover, they don't give tests of any kind so ANYONE can literally become a translator so don't expect any standards lol.

Heck, there was even another thread that called out a translator from flying lines for copying an EXACT and COMPLETE popular danmei novel and posting it under her name right here ->https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/earth-is-online-by-flying-lines.96768/
    Fortunately, management responded to this and took it down so I guess, lack of manpower/labor to actually monitor the content being posted is also a defining cause.

Kitama and Anra7777 like this.
  12. Solus

Solus 自分のことお嫌いです

Reading List:
    Link
    This is gold, which chapter/series was this? I wanna check out the raw XD

Wujigege and Szara like this.
  13. Szara

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Although the ‘F word’ was used, this is NOT a sex scene! :blobrofl: No semen was involved, no sirrrrr~

The story is ‘The Daily Task of Preventing My Disciple from Turning to the Dark side’ ... Chapter 84 ... although they have (incorrectly) used the word ‘ejaculated’ throughout multiple chapters :hmm: IDK which chinese word would MTL to that, or their translator is just bad.

NVM I’m the one who’s bad.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    Wildfaeries, Fuyuneko and Solus like this.
  14. Solus

Solus 自分のことお嫌いです

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately, I cannot find this in chapter 84 raw at all _(;3/ And I'm not familiar with the story so I don't know where to find it :p

15. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Ejaculate has more than one meaning. It could also mean "to utter suddenly and vehemently"

caslie and sleepchaser like this.
  16. Szara

Reading List:
    Link
    @Solus

Well, Flying-Lines is borked. They have this story listed as 112 chapters... while other RAW sites have only 92 chapters :hmm::blobdizzy:

(I’ll try to find it if I can, but prolly not since MTL hurts my brains)

Solus likes this.
  17. Szara

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Hrrrmm, you’re right... but usually it has sexual connotations. (At least where I live, and from what I know).

When I google the word, ‘ejaculate’ I get a bunch of sex articles/sex-related questions... (although google searches are tailored to one’s browsing history. :sweating_profusely: )

Anyway, I just have a dirty mind, ok! :blobtriumph:

18. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Was waiting for The Longest Day in Chang’an to finish. One of the classic.

I don't mind if they pay-walled, just don't drop the novels.

Wujigege likes this.
  19. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe there is a live action
    That is further proof that the translation is crap. The same way a novel used a word for gym that went out of fashion 200 years ago

GDLiZy likes this.
  20. sleepchaser

sleepchaser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While that may be the case, the first definition people would think of when reading the word "ejaculation" would not be that. Basically, they don't have competent editors to fix their questionable word choice *shrugs*

Szara and Wujigege like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.