Font size on novel sites

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by SilentFyre, Mar 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilentFyre

SilentFyre Irregular Ghost Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I've been wondering about this for a while already. If you have a table or a mobile, when reading novels on sties like volare novels, moonbunny cafe wuxiaworld and radiant translations, there is always the problem of the font size being too small. (I'm sure I am not the only one in this.)

For example, in volare novels there is a small box that moves down with the page as you scroll down. If you click on that box, it say that you can change font size. I tried it before, but nothing changed. I also made sure to set my tablet on mobile and not desktop mode, but nope, nothing. I wonder what it's used for if not for font size changing like it says?

Then we have wuxiaworld for example. On that site, even though I set my tablet on mobile view, it shows itself in desktop form. So I tired exchanging the www. with m. and voila, the site changed to mobile which was really great, but-! I press the link to the next chapter and bam! The site goes back to desktop... And I just feel like cursing.

The last type of problem I have encountered is on sites like moonbunny cafe and radiant translations. There the website resizes to fit the screen which is nice, but the font is too small to comfortably read (in my opinion) but there is no way to to change it. i even tried the thing I did with wuxiaworld and changed www. to m. but no site like that exists, so it doesn't work.

I have no idea how to get it to work so it's readable for these sites and a few others that are similar.

Do you also have a problem like this? I'm sure the sites have addressed these kinds of issues before, but it not working. At least for me. I've been reading them the way they are for now, but it's pretty annoying. Really.

[Edit: Btw, I have no idea if I put this in the right thread, so do tell me if it should be moved.]

2. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Usually I'll just copy the entire the entire thing and paste it on wordpad or something like that.

3. lottie

lottie I am who I am

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't have a problem..It works well with me..

4. ReadOrDie

ReadOrDie already dead

Reading List:
    Link
    When I meet with this problem on my phone I just use reading mode.

Pretender and Lokumi like this.
  5. Aiiee

Aiiee ▪ Akki's Fan ▪(´⊃ᴗ⊂`)▪ Sneaky ▪

Reading List:
    Link
    The font resizing on Volare works for me. During slow internet connection, I've experienced the WW layout turning into its desktop version, but it rarely happens. I've never had a problem with Radiant. I zoom my phone on Moonbunny Cafe because the font is always too small for me.

lovelyxday and SilentFyre like this.
  6. Linbe

Linbe New member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dun read novels on mobile just my ipad so I dun really have that problem.

7. Spfere

Spfere [Tea sampler] ༺ Ruyi's father ༻

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, i've had similar thoughts and wonders on this, I just ended up forcing my mobile browser to scale up the text size (little bit), but it doesn't fix the problem itself as font size varies widely depending on which site you are on.
    I think it is mostly ok for me now.. or perhaps i've just had to well.. accept things as they are and grown slightly used to it.
    But I tried the things you mentioned as well and found they frankly did nothing...
    So upscale everything enforced in the mobile browser itself.. But it is not an ideal solution...

SilentFyre likes this.
  8. SilentFyre

Reading List:
    Link
    It doesn't even work on desktop on me, so I have no idea if it's my settings or something else...
    I could probably do that too, but I don't want to have to keep enabling it and disabling it even when I only read one chapter. :(

9. GuldTasken

GuldTasken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    On tablet, you zoom.
    On computer, you hold CTRL and press the + by your numpad on the keyboard. To increase the zoom of the website.

There, solved.

10. Nukus

Nukus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    AdBlock browser has a nice reader mode, I imagine other browers have something similar. Small font and ads got really annoying real fast, especially the redirects. AdBlock broswer solves both.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    SilentFyre likes this.
  11. Rexdaevid

Rexdaevid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Go to your browsers settings then accesibility to changebtext scaling. This is what I normally do but yeah mostly are readable though even on mobile

SilentFyre likes this.
  12. SilentFyre

Reading List:
    Link
    I know that for the computer you can zoom like that. I am talking about the in-built function on the site that is not working.
    As for the tablet, when I zoom, I will have to keep scrolling left and right to read instead of only scrolling down which is really annoying imo.
    I've tried Reading mode before, it doesn't do anything for me? Idk...

13. GuldTasken

GuldTasken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Never rely on in-built functions. They are rarely well constructed. Better to just zoom on the computer. In firefox, it is highlighted how much you've zoomed. So it is easy peasy to go back to the original 100% if needed.

As for phone, reading by swiping left and right with your thumb isn't much of an issue. I am not a TAblet user so I dunno how it feels there. But I use laptops when I want to read stuff rather than a laptop that has no real function besides being a bigger smartphone.

SilentFyre likes this.
  14. Spfere

Reading List:
    Link
    I just gave up on that and left the text permanently scaled up little bit, but I use adblock browser for my phone, (same as someone else mentioned, Free Adblocker Browser is the full name).

But it doesn't do anything about the fact in regards to the tiny font on some sites. It makes it better, but I don't want to go upscaling to then have to downscale for 1 chapter either.. so I tend to read those on my desktop where i've upscaled them and leave it like that due to page specific.

SilentFyre likes this.
  15. SilentFyre

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it was just to point out that it isn't working. I don't use it for computer. I use ctr + there.

Swiping left and right breaks the reading mood for me, so I don't like it too much.
    I use chrome because all the links and bookmarks and everything is connect to my gmail account there, so yeah, I'd prefer to not change to a new browser if possible.

16. Spfere

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to use chromes until ads...I also disliked some changes they did while updating the app a year ago.
    But I usually only visit one or two pages on my mobile or google things directly, so I just leave it open with NU/NUF tabs left open, as I mostly use it for reading, so I don't find any general need to access my bookmarks as I am seldom away from an actual desktop for long.

SilentFyre likes this.
  17. Rakiin

Rakiin Pokemon Slave Trader

Reading List:
    Link
    SilentFyre likes this.
  18. SilentFyre

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, I see. Yeah, I have a lot of uses with bookmarks and etc.
    I see what you mean.

19. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    I just use zoom features

20. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm usually on phone and never had problem with font sizes

Thread Status: