Food: Hate or Thought You’d Hate

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Moon Shadow, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I’m not a quitter.

2. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Mine would be foreign food i guess? The first food i ate was the chinese cookies my sister bought in china at that time and i was pretty much a cookie monster. Ate one and i never like eating cookies again without verifying that it isn't made in china.

There's also nuttella which my bro and other americans like to consume but once i tasted one, i literally took a week off sweets which i never liked nuttella again(since my uncle brought a sweet festival at that time and was pretty traumatize about eating any foreign foods).

Moon Shadow likes this.
  3. twkisanotaku

twkisanotaku Booksloth

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I have a dumb food related story
    My school use to serve ginger porridge and like we are all supposed finish our food and all that jazz, I also see my friends’ bowls empty so I thought u were supposed to finish the ginger too.... turns out Everyone just threw it away and I was the only dumbass that ate that thing zzz

Moon Shadow likes this.
  4. OnceandFutureLurker

OnceandFutureLurker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All foods that I have not tried i generally dislike or hate , however once I try them i usually like. The exceptions is broccoli , cauliflower and similarly boiled vegetables

Moon Shadow likes this.
  5. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    got offered fried roaches.. ew

Moon Shadow likes this.
  6. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty casual with what I eat, so I don't try what I would consider "weird" food. Sushi is probably the one thing I have a love-hate relationship with. I hate(ed) the cold slimy texture it has when you chew and swallow, but love the taste. Took a while but now I enjoy it quite a bit.

7. CharLok

CharLok Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    seriously what's with people calling the thousand year old egg, the thousand year old egg.
    I've been eating it all my life and I've always called it "Preserved egg", cause its freaking preserved! it's not even a thousand years old.

as for foods.... hmm, There are many foods that I hated as a kid but became okay with as i grew older and vice versa. Like durians and curry (as long as it's not spicy).

Jack fruits- it was REALLY similar to Durians, and the smell of it would fill up the whole fridge (my dad would buy whole durians and they were huge and smelled) so i thought i would hate it, but it was unexpectedly Okay, it tasted a bit like banana.

I went to a restaurant once, and i chose this chicken and cheese something, i can't really remember. I liked chicken, I liked cheese, it sounded safe, so me and like 7 other people at the table ordered it as well. but honestly it was SO BAD. it tasted like freaking plastic or something. every one just kinda looked at each other after we got it and was like "this tastes disgusting".

on the other hand, I wasn't very fond of chocolate as a kid, i liked salty foods and chocolate in the Uk is so damn sweet, it would give me heartburn, but I like it a lot now, sometimes even get cravings, idk.

i hated apple juice as a kid but now i like it.
    orange juice - i love oranges and citruses, but i just don't really like Orange juice. Is it weird that i love oranges but cant stand anything that is flavoured "tangy?" i especially hate tangy chocolate.

I love the smell of coffee, but I cant really drink it..

8. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful:

9. fuzor100

fuzor100 Standby mode...

Reading List:
    Link
    The food I hate is...um, what was it again? I used to hate spicy food but after year of training, I loved it!

But I hate spicy drink. What was it again? Ginger tea?

10. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it's probably not bad, but I automatically assume it's awful when I eat it. It's gotten to the point that I can't even tell when it's actually expired or not since it tastes equally awful either way.