Football/Soccer

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Aicila, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone watch (or play) football/soccer? I try and watch at least one Arsenal game a week. Which team(s) do you support and what do you think of your season so far? With the transfer window currently ongoing, is there any players that you think your team could really do with or without?

I mainly watch the premier league, but I'm not a complete fish out of water with La Liga/Bundesliga if you want to talk about either of them.

Bonus: Does anyone play fantasypl? the premier league one? If there's a couple of people still playing we could maybe set up a league..

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    Kelvk likes this.
  2. Kelvk

Kelvk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chelsea :mad:
    And looking forward to the Arsenal game

Aicila likes this.
  3. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I almost never watch football game, except when my country and neighboring country soccer club are facing each other. It was really fun because even if you don't watch it, you still able to know the score from the loud cheering for every goal.

There's a problem with soccer union in my country, resulting in (almost) all club under them stopping their operation. No idea about their current status.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
    Shiki Shiori, Poor_Hero and Novelty like this.
  4. SilverTap

SilverTap Teenage Hand Model

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm Brazilian, so i support Flamengo, and i don't watch much other leagues...
    Hehehe... so brazilians marketplace is kind of broken, specially for my team that is still restoring its financial problems, so i don't expect much for the next season, my Flamengo will hire some half-assed player again... :'(

Aicila likes this.
  5. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    Enjoying your season? :p I have to get a chuckle out of it while I can, this doesn't happen too often. :p Yeah, I'm certainly going to watch the game. I know Arsenal should do it, but I really, really, hate chelsea games. That whole gabriel/costa fiasco last time made me so mad.
    What sports are popular instead then, or is it still the most popular, just having issues?
    I don't know very much about South American football at all, except the players that move to Europe obviously. How do you feel about the brazilian national team at the moment?

6. Byb

Byb fucking leftist liberal

Reading List:
    Link
    Liverpool
    Barcelona
    PSG
    Wolfsburg
    AS Roma
    Here are all my teams for the 5 main european leagues. I must say that I'm supporting PSG for 20years, way before the qataris came and the team changed... and the atmosphere in the stadium.

Aicila likes this.
  7. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    One of my best friends at uni is from Paris and is also a big PSG supporter, and he too has been a supporter for 20+ years. We tend to talk about the premier league most of the time because ligue 1 is a little lopsided though. When we talk about PSG we mainly talk about their CL campaign. Are you confident that PSG can go past Chelsea? Seems to be becoming a staple fixture for you. :p

8. SilverTap

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadly brazilian football is in a bad moment, lacking talents and selling all the future promising player before they flourish... Some people still say that its is ok, but it really is not... Last brazilian champion was Corinthians (the most government favored and "referee biased" team)... we are in a sad moment (in my opinion).

Aicila likes this.
  9. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    Would you say that there is a lot of corruption? I think there is corruption everywhere in football, but do you think Brazil is a particularly bad case?

10. Satan

Satan Yes

Reading List:
    Link
    Soccer? whats dat? Anyway, do you guys play hand egg?

11. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Used to be a big Man Utd fan. Don't watch football much anymore. Only the main competitions, euro/world cup and maybe champions league

12. Argent-XII

Argent-XII [Demon King Archos] [Hero of Zarial]

Reading List:
    Link
    Man city for now.....

13. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Soccer is still the most popular one, followed by badminton and basketball. But the focus now change to europe/US club

14. SilverTap

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess so! Every year we hear/see biased decisions favoring big teams, not only in the field, but also in the court. The world cup was a shameless scandal, you can look for it in the web. And we have a bad history of corruption in every field that you can imagine... in the end brazilians are too greed, not just politicians (sad but true)...

Aicila likes this.
  15. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    I think what you call football doesn't exist in my country, instead we call football what you call soccer. Soccer is probably the most popular sport here and other sports are extremely underrated but I personally don't enjoy watching people kicking a ball around. There's also a lot of bribes and other deals involved.
    I think that pretty much applies for most of the world.

16. Argent-XII

Argent-XII [Demon King Archos] [Hero of Zarial]

Reading List:
    Link
    Every time winner of the best player is Messi!
    corruption to the core!!

17. Byb

Reading List:
    Link
    Chelsea is getting better compared to the horrible beginning of the season. I think it's about 55% for us, 45 for Chelsea. The game against madrid, even if we lost, was quite promising.
    We're just waiting barcelona to get out... again...

Aicila likes this.
  18. Byb

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not so sure the "ballon d'or" for Messi is just corruption. He's just someone you see once in a century. Freaking genius. If he was a cultivator, he would be an OP MC.

Arcturus and Poor_Hero like this.
  19. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    for now...? you're a plastic? :p
    Badminton is not something I would have expected. I quite like badminton though, it's fun. I would have been much less surprised if you had said volleyball or something.
    Asia is becoming a massive market these days, especially for tv rights too. Many games which go on in europe in the early afternoon are at essentially primetime for asian markets. Big money.
    Really disheartening to see such practice in a country where the sport is so prevalent and can easily unite a nation.
    Having a difficult time wrapping my head around that one. I titled the post football/soccer because that's generally what most people call it, one or the other. What I call football is what you call soccer. I used to call it soccer but i've been living in europe for long enough for it to rub off. Football at 'home' refers to Australian Football which isn't a bad sport, but It's not a good one either.
    Any in particular?
    Wherever there is money there will be corruption. It's a fact. Whichever sports have the most money involved will naturally attract the most corruption.
    Ugh, I'm really not going to enjoy watching Ars v. Barca but I gotta have faith!

SilverTap likes this.
  20. Byb

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, sorry to assume that Arsenal won't pass Barcelone. I Have faith too and i hope you'll get rid of them for us. I would be much more at ease against the gunners than these blaugranas.