Discussion For a programmer come in...,

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by listener, May 15, 2019.

1. listener

listener Tony's Friend

Reading List:
    Link
    some of my friends want to pay a programmer to make a website (online shop) and desktop app (for report management) .

the private online shop and the desktop app who will mainly use by him alone, it's the simple one like have a product management, order management and a report,

how long it take to finish it for professional programmer (not the super programmer, it's expensive one) ?

he had some traumatic incident with some self proclaimed programmer, from 1 week to 1 month to 3 months to 6 months to finish the job. and still full of bugs,

2. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it a job to earn cash? You should lead with that if it is, you'd get more interest. XD

Master likes this.
  3. listener

listener Tony's Friend

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobthinkingsmirk::blobthinkingsmirk::blobthinkingsmirk::blobthinkingsmirk::blobthinkingsmirk:

Femme Fatale likes this.
  4. DontLookDown

DontLookDown One with the bed

Reading List:
    Link
    A website should take around 2 weeks to build with normal working hours, as long as it only has basic functions. That time consists of designing and building the site as well as implementation of a secure transaction base(usually just paypal for simplicity). If it's a professional programmer, I'd expect anywhere from 2 weeks to a month timespan, depending on their experience with shopping websites as well as their skill in general. The app should be faster to make, but I've never programmed apps so I've no real clue. Maybe it's actually harder ._.

5. listener

listener Tony's Friend

Reading List:
    Link
    so it's two weeks to a month huh..., :hmm: about website, can we expect it will be original design..., i mean not using a general template,

6. DontLookDown

DontLookDown One with the bed

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah. Using a general template like one on Squarespace would take very little time. Maybe a couple days to implement the payment and whatnot, but since it's already mostly done by template, there's a lot less that needs to be added. On the other hand, though, there's nothing wrong about using a template. Changing the images and design of the site will all be possible through most website designers. The only issue comes with functionality. It may or may not be possible to make the site do everything you want if you're just using a template. I'd do some research and see which one you really need.

7. listener

listener Tony's Friend

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks,
    For customers to remember us, we need something different from the others after all, we need a unique identity,