Question For Chinese speakers, what do you call "male frequency" novels with no romance?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by ria.green, Feb 22, 2022.

1. ria.green

ria.green Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like I've gone through all the well-known action no-romance Chinese novels on NovelUpdates at this point (e.g. Chronicles of Primordial Wars, Superstars of Tomorrow, etc), and I'm ready to dig through untranslated novels. I'm sure that some Chinese people also have had this preference before and have asked about it on their versions of Reddit, Quora, etc. but I would like to know from any Chinese speakers what phrase to search up. For example, in English, I would search on Google "Chinese action webnovels with no romance" or something like that. Note: I tried Google Translate but it didn't return any relevant results.

Thank you so much for your help! Let me know if this is not the right place to post this question.

2. kahka

kahka Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you are looking for male-targeted novels in general, I think it will be best to browse through websites like Qidian, and try to be more specific about what kind of setting you are looking for than searching for "action" e.g., xianxia, modern, apocalyptic, sci-fi, etc etc.

As for a specific term you can plug into Google... 男频小说 (male-targeted novels), and look for 无CP (no couple) in the tags. Other phrases you may want to add in the search include 推荐 (recommendation) or 热门 (popular)

asriu likes this.
  3. ria.green

ria.green Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks so much, Kahka! All of those settings are fine, just mainly wanted a good way to find male-targeted novels.