Spoiler For Snow White / 백설을 위하여

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by dunnoperson_, Aug 10, 2022.

Tags:
  1. dunnoperson_

dunnoperson_ was reading your spoiler

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Manhwa/Webtoon Cover:
    1666449210348.jpg

Author:
    찬겨울
    Year:
    Official Novel:
    Kakaopage
    Naver Series
    Official Webtoon Raw:
    Naver Webtoon

Description:

On the day of the empress's funeral, I remembered the disastrous ending of the prince, who was his brother beat the emperor and the empress, as well as the head, and seized the bloody throne.
    To avoid tragedy, you must persuade the emperor, not be hated by your brother, and finally get sympathy from the knight who beheaded you.

Like the hunter who couldn't kill Snow White and helped him escape. That's how I thought I'd get sympathy for him... .

“Hey, can’t we just make eye contact and talk?”
    “… Wouldn't it be uncomfortable?"
    “It’s uncomfortable. It’s as pretty as a camellia flower.”

Why am I pitying you!

“If I could come back with glory… .”
    “… At that time, would you please allow me to stay by your side?”

It is only when the crying reaches the end of the throat that you vaguely realize it. the reason for this feeling.

The reason I think of you from time to time, miss the times we spent together, and wish for your happiness so earnestly is because you have become precious to me.

Because I fell in love with you.

1666449213967.jpg 1666449216740.jpg 1666449221927.jpg
    seems like the ML is snow white :blobthinkingsmirk:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. your crush

your crush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eyyyyyy looks really nice lol

dunnoperson_ likes this.
  4. melindaem

melindaem Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking for spoiler

dunnoperson_ likes this.
  5. alleniver

alleniver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Merumeruni

Merumeruni Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So the ml is the knight and the one who kill her..?:hmm: and now she try to get close with her stepbro and the knight. Hmmm. I don't know what to say. :blob_tilt:

Okay, I bought the novel in naver but dunno how to translate it. Arghhhh. Anyways I bought chapter 177 ( the ending) :blobjoy:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
  7. 33luna33

33luna33 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like the brother turned back time or something…

DOHere likes this.
  8. Julieta16

Julieta16 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::aww:

Zepelim likes this.
  9. giumatos

giumatos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know that, because this is a Korean novel, the occurrence of the Emperor having "lower wife's" such as concubines and queens apart from the official first wife is very comun. To us westerners that is a very weird concept, but western Kings were all married with mistress and illegitimate children, so it's almot the same, let's be real here. At least with the concubine system you have like rules for the wife's and the kids are at least considerate legitimate. Anyway...

But what I hateeeeeee is when they make the Emperor literally ignore one of his concubines or wife and the children she born. Listen, more than you, she was thrown in this marriage. Don't love her? Ok, but at least be decent and respectful of her position and your child. It's not their fault they married you. If it was political or whatever, he had tp do it for his country. So very tired of those assholes Emperors that literally abadon one of his wifes and kids to be humiliated.

I know the FL mother sounds lile a bitch for not caring for the elder son, but it's very reasonable she wouldn't. The wives are usually fighting to be favored and for their child to be favored as well. It was a matter of survial since your importance was attached to the Emperor's whim. She had no time or interest to loose her position. Plus, there was the love factor here.

The father is the trash one. Because it ALL revolves around his wishes.

Also, FL is dumb. She has a lot of sway with her father. Why doesn't she ask for her brother to be included in their family?? Why doesn't she tell her father she doesn't want to be the heir and her brother would be better at it???? Just say the words.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2022
  10. giumatos

Reading List:
    Link

I don't agree or like that system. It's disgusting, humiliating and dehumanizing. I could go on about all I hate, how the system is designed to allow men to have as many women as they want, BUT this is the setting of the novel. I don't have to love it, but if I can't somewhat accept as the "normal" of the world of the novel, it's better to stop reading.

I agree that the FL mother lacked sympathy for the Empress, specially at the funeral, but it's hill I will die is that: the father is trash. It's all his fault. FL mom is a bit of a b*** but she is also a victim of this system that pitts women against women.

The Emperor, like I said should at least respect his late Empress and not hate his son as he has nothing to do with the arranged marriage or the lack of love.

Plus, these kind of novels are very women oriented so at the same time we all f*** hate cheating, we "accept" that those are fantasy novels that carry several "pieces" of cultural practices and in the history of mankind, women are always being screwed over. But its a novel, so its also no meat to be that deeply analyzed.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2022
    evilboop, clraei, Creolenerd and 11 others like this.
  11. Julieta16

Julieta16 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    why????

well i just wanted to see the middle of the story, but let me tell u!
    the empress was crazy as f**k!
    i was supporting her at first but after reading that chapter, i really didn´t like her!

akasugaro, Dofu, Yume-sama and 6 others like this.
  12. Merumeruni

Merumeruni Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm I don't want judge to soon because there no spoiler yet and we just read a few chapters. And if you want discussion pls make another thread okay..? And some people just want to read the spoiler rather than your opinions or discussion. So if you want say your opinions you can use spoiler tag. But make sure type 'mine opinions' something like that.

Really? She was bad one..? Like got some attitude...you know

rulerofpizza likes this.
  13. giumatos

Reading List:
    Link
  14. Cookiemonster_007isback

Cookiemonster_007isback I need them cookies

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you spoil more on why was she crazy?

15. ainn

ainn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually sympathize with the brother cause in most stories with the same storyline the brother might be hated by his mother cause she blamed him for not being enough or the servants might not respect both mother and son cause they aren’t as important to the Emperor as MC and her mother. Not only that, but she also took his right as the firstborn and son of the Emperor who is the heir to the throne. Who won’t feel resentment and anger from all of this? I also think that he might have a feeling that she’ll do something selfish like pretending to faint at his own mother’s funeral to shift the attention to her and cut the funeral short. Honestly, I really hope that MC is a great character and handle her whole situation well cause if she did one thing that might consider as annoying that I’m dropping this.

If the Empress is crazy then i don't really have much to say about her. She was a princess but because of the disrespect she received from the Emperor it kinda makes her crazy (i theorize). What I don't get is why the Empress, the woman and victim of these scenarios always ended up being a cruel person or crazy or something. I just feel sad when these women were represented these ways because their life IS sad and to characterize them crazy and heartless is just boring. IDK. That's my thoughts.

16. Deleted member 475588

Deleted member 475588 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    People keep calling them step siblings when their not. They’re half siblings because they have different mothers but share the same father. As a result they are related by blood. Calling them step siblings insinuates that they are not related & only joined by marriage.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2022
  17. gxxx

gxxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    tbf i think many ppl use step sibling as an umbrella term. i know when i was growing up, i referred to my half siblings as step siblings bc i wasnt rly sure of the distinction. even now i slip up bc step sibling is more widely known esp in media

layyu and Dofu like this.
  18. Deleted member 475588

Deleted member 475588 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    You make a good point. I slipped up too in the past. You are not alone lol. When I was younger I wasn’t sure about the distinction either. Not until my teacher broke it down for me one day and said “ The important distinction lies in the way the siblings are related. Half-siblings have one biological parent in common, while step-siblings are related only by the marriage of their parents.” In this novel you’re allowed to have more than one wife. From now on when I’m reading spoilers I’m gonna keep what you said in mind. Step siblings as a umbrella term.

clraei and augacutan like this.
  19. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The rules of becoming an heir in this specific story haven’t been revealed yet, so we don’t really know if the firstborn rule applies here.

All we know do far that MC has holy powers and in the 1st (book) TL she was actually working her a$$ off to help people, while her brother was a psychopath who has killed his whole family for the throne.

Nothing good has been revealed yet about the brother’s aspirations or morals. As far as the neighbouring kingdom has helped him to revolt and take the crown, there is a very high chance that in the end he would become a puppet ruler and the whole kingdom would be ruined or annexed by his mother’s home country.

The brother’s backstory so far is sad, but let’s be real - he’s a psychopath, and it’s probably inherited from his father, who was senseless and hard-blooded until he has fallen in love with MC’s mother. His father hasn’t killed his blood though (or we haven’t been told about it yet). It’s ironic that the brother is a clone of his father whom he hates so much.

But anyways not many people who weren’t loved by their parents grow up and ruthlessly kill those parents and their more talented siblings, so I honestly have no good feelings towards the brother.

In my opinion the best course of action for MC would have been to ask her father to keep an eye on the brother and to stop his preparations for the revolt. As the whole family is in danger now only because the brother is greedy.
    BTW in the chapter 6 of manhwa the brother calls MC mud-blood. What a snob he is additionally to being a psycho.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
  20. luliibunny

luliibunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No spoilers,only discussions,I see...