Discussion For the one that want to lives in Korea

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Demonic Poring, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Faggit

Faggit Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, most people in the world are just racist. Only western countries give a shit about racism especially the U.S.

2. I Eat Monsanto

I Eat Monsanto He who courts death

Reading List:
    Link
    What the fuck are you even talking about? Your nationality is determined by where you live/ were born/ raised. You can be Irish or whatever the fuck ever you are but if you live in America then you're fucking American. That doesn't mean you're not irish.

Furutze likes this.
  3. nixxara

nixxara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t think the alienation is intentional.. since in those cultures, people tend to be more conservative and feel comfortable with people they are more familiar with. I’m sure in the right circumstances where people can be properly introduced, there will be less of a feeling of alienation? :hmm::hmm:
    And the dog comment was uncalled for :/:blobwoah:

4. Demonic Poring

Demonic Poring 『Well-Known Poring』

Reading List:
    Link
    that's not how it work in The whole world. In most of Asian countries, it's like that. My nephew were born in Arab, but he has to choose one. Even though he grow up like 12 years in there. He must choose, be an Indonesian or Arabian

5. TigreFyre

TigreFyre Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What the guy meant was that both Indonesia and Korea don’t allow dual citizenship so we have to choose between the two.
    Korea isn’t as bad as this guy said and what he talks about with the taxi is a long time ago, it’s not like that much nowadays, talk to the drivers, it’s okay to.
    With the racism thing, you’ll find that it’s usually the older generation but even then it’s getting better. Your wife is probably being alienated because there aren’t many foreign people in general so they aren’t used to it. That’s not a problem with the country, it’s an issue with the diversity.
    With the eating dog thing, most people look down upon doing that, politicians can get into some heat for doing stuff like that.
    Yes, Korea is loud but the same applies to most cities, I don’t know what part of Seoul you lived in but you probably lived in some crowded area because most places aren’t loud.
    I might not be fully accurate but I think I’m pretty Korean.

6. Flores520

Flores520 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He is not saying he is only Indonesian, but that he lives as such. Actually, he might simply just be speaking nationalistic wise which does happen in countries.

kenar, Demonic Poring and otaku31 like this.
  7. Yunchii

Yunchii Best Waifu - Tamamo-no-Mae

Reading List:
    Link
    Asian are racist and tribal.. Even if you are same race/nationality if your tribe is different they hate each other.

Bright_Lucky_Star likes this.
  8. TigreFyre

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno bout the rest of you koreans but I think this isn’t a fair description, also have you been to Busan or Jeju or Incheon? Those places are different from Seoul, you should have specified.

9. TigreFyre

Reading List:
    Link
    Its like in China, people from the northern areas might diss the southern and vice versa

10. Demonic Poring

Demonic Poring 『Well-Known Poring』

Reading List:
    Link
    now that I think about it, you might be right. I lives in downtown in Seoul

11. Elawn

Elawn 『Binge Reader』

Reading List:
    Link
    I've calculated and according to Einstein's theory of relativity he should be 42 in 1977.

TamaSaga and Mr Pancakes like this.
  12. Ryss

Ryss ... a small emanon...

Reading List:
    Link
    In which world is the US a country that gives " a shit about racism" ?
    Its one of those with the biggest problem in that aspect

At least my daily experience

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    StuffedDuck likes this.
  13. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    Those are like.. the stupidest reasons I’ve ever heard (read actually) for not wanting to live in a country even though one of your parents is from there.
    Besides, i reiterate what @I Eat Monsanto said in his post.. being of mixed descent just simply means that- it doesn’t give you the opportunity to ‘choose’ one side, that’s just stupid and racist.

I Eat Monsanto likes this.
  14. Flores520

Flores520 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, this true to a good extent, but its more like racism is a way bigger problem in the U.S than in europe and other countries.

Also, wow this is not suppose to be a threat about racism but about his experiences living in Korean and advise. owo

Ryss likes this.
  15. Saitama.sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you miscalculated, you forgot to take it to the power of X then divide by the number of his race so in fact, he should’ve been born in 1944 and is probably one of hitlers illegitimate children :hmm: i think that’s right.. but i need to go over my calculations again to make sure!

Bright_Lucky_Star and TamaSaga like this.
  16. Saitama.sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL. You should’ve just stopped at “Well, most people in the world are racist.” Racism has nothing to do with nations, its all about the person..

Ryss likes this.
  17. Ryss

Ryss ... a small emanon...

Reading List:
    Link
    You are right...

My fried is a giant K-pop fan and will most likely not be stopped by such boundaries (the height of her inborn positiveness is scary) but i will send her a link in order to try to warn her, that not everything is fluffy pink
    A few infos are better than none

18. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure He was talking which country he's choosing to state his origins from his nationality. From birth children of mixed nationality will hold duel citizenship and have to choose which country they associate themselves with as they grow older. This is somewhat harshly enforced in some cultures and lax in others. For instance, in Japan you often hear foreign women that have married foreign men and even married and moved to that spouses country deciding that they want to kidnap their child back to Japan after divorce. The child by Japanese law will be considered a Japanese national first and foremost and you'd have to fight tooth and nail to even get visitation rights let alone custody. Only when the child is older could they choose their nationality and loose their citizenship to Japan while gaining citizenship in their other heritage's home country.

This is what I remember seeing on the news multiple times over the years when women kidnap their children back to their home land and leaving the man without any rights cause; foreign. Not only the US and Canada but Europe and other asian countries as well cant do anything about it when it happens. I'm sure the Middle east has similar rules to those in Japan.

Bright_Lucky_Star likes this.
  19. tsundere_taichou

tsundere_taichou [Cute Demon Sect]

Reading List:
    Link
    i bet pugs taste like pork, return with results!

elengee likes this.
  20. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    uhh, he was talking about nationalistic though?