Resolved Forgotten Manga

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by Passerby, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Passerby

Passerby Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's this old Japanese manga that I've read but forgotten the title.

The story starts with MC (male) on a cruise ship with his schoolmates, returning from an excursion. Their ship was hit by a tsunami and they are stranded at a place with no human civilization in sight.

EDIT: There's no monster and such, just what we already have on Earth + things mentioned in spoiler. In my opinion the manga focuses more on the psychological side of things, less on the fights themselves.

It was later revealed that a meteor had hit the Earth and the ensuing tsunami devastated every country. The meteor also brought with it, a virus that causes adults to hallucinate and boosts their emotion(fear, greed, etc). It didn't affect teenagers and younger, who would later grow and create a new civilization
    For most of the story, MC was accompanied by a young adult(probably in his 20s). This adult would later commit a double suicide with their enemy by using a dust explosion in a school gym. He did this because he had lost his sense of pain for sometime, which is a symptom of being infected by the virus.

The manga ended by showing a few thousand of years in the future, cave paintings/carvings are being found (made by MC's group)

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  2. JAGH

JAGH Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cage of Eden

3. Passerby

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not the manga I was looking for. Thanks for the reply.
    The manga has no monsters etc. Just what we already have on Earth + what was mentioned in spoiler

4. Passerby

Reading List:
    Link
    Seeing as how there's similarities in drawing style, I did a search on the author.
    Yes both mangas were from the same person. The manga I was looking for: EX Shounen Hyouryuu

Thanks a lot for the help.