Forgotten Title Forgotten the Name of a Novel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Oceanlord, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Oceanlord

Oceanlord Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Trying to recall a light novel I was reading many months ago so this is a bit fragmented and bullet pointy, but alas it is what I can recall.

SPOILER WARNINGS AHEAD

• I think he started in some kinda of OP dungeon where he nearly got killed a bunch of times by monsters or traps. He finds the exit but it is blocked by something stupidly OP.
    • He then became "friends" with the ruling monster who had been trapped there for years
    • Who then tried to sacrifice him into making his(monster) escape via a set of armour(?) but failed. I think this armour later became the MC's kinda hidden weapon?
    • The world is now part of/got taken over by a sort of super computer who gives everyone skills and so on. By powers I believe it was a RPG leveling system
    • MC levels up and finally kills the guardian of the exit of the dungeon only to realise that that shouldn't have been possible.
    • Meets up with a new character and a old and powerful Necromancer who help him improve and escape from trouble. Later on they team up with a sniper/warrior who the MC saves the life of.
    • The last bit I can recall is that he, a girl, Mentor (necromancer) and Female Warrior were in a apocalypse filled city and we're slowly working through it trying to wipe out the soldiers in it and the 4 guardians of it otherwise the big bad was going to wipe out the earth? Something to do with a big tree
    • The MC eventually gets to the point where he needs to carve forbidden runes into his skin so he can contain and control his magic otherwise he dies. But these runes are forbidden by the system and I think he looses his powers for a bit. Also these runes are taught to him by the "big bad".
    • He had some weird wacky "exploit" due to his mass because of that armour and he pumped points into Str I think? So to say he is tanky is a understatement

• The worlds laws are enforced by guardians of about 1500lvl
    • And the current big bad is about 3500 with 4 main minions
    • The computer guy is actually bad and their reach is over galaxies
    • The "powers" that people have are part of the computer and allowed by it. Except the big bad who realised the computer was bad and did something to free themselves.
    Sorry again that this is a bit rambly but I guess the more I explain the easier it is for someone to hopefully recognise it.
    Thanks in advance

2. Ikan

Ikan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like The New World at RRL

3. Oceanlord

Oceanlord Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are a star! Thank you!

Ikan likes this.