Picked Up Fortunate Wife

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Aris12, Feb 19, 2018.

1. MadPanda

MadPanda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, I'm the one who picked this up. I guess I'm just too slow on updating (lll-ω-) I always update at least once a week, although the quality is suffering because there's no editor, but I think it's readable.

Vicky1300 likes this.
  2. Kaitoss

Kaitoss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, how come in the RAW site (the first link) says concluded with 163 chapters while in the NU page it says "Volume 1 - 163 chapters + Volume 2 - 65 chapters"? Also the novel is being translated into eng and is in chapter 210... can someone then explain to me the status of the novel and how many chapters are there in total? Thanks.

3. Aisha Ann

Aisha Ann I LOVE SELFISH VILLAINESS

Reading List:
    Link
    One Chapter was split into 2 or 4 chapters.

MadPanda likes this.
  4. MadPanda

MadPanda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, one chapter of this novel is soooo loonnngg, that's why I take around a week to translate if I don't split up the chapter.

5. Kaitoss

Kaitoss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh. Thanks.

6. lilylah

lilylah New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi everyone :)
    May I know where to read the RAW (uncensored version)? because the ones im reading are kinda empty? like there are no sex scenes at all. I think starting from Li Shu(ch 128) he didnt even get a sex scene or am i reading censored version...and after that no more R18 just words to imply that she had sex.

Viliel and lazynoodles like this.
  7. Skite

Skite Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the things the novel seems to be doing right is a slow, natural progression of their improving income. It's a combination of the timing coming due on several things the brothers have been working on for a while, the MC's ingenuity, and some good luck.
    The brothers finally have sufficient savings to buy two additional fields, tripling their land.
    Li Hua, the scholarly brother, is about to graduate and take the civil service exam. I am unsure of the exam results, but they'd at least save on his expensive school fees once he graduates, and he can begin bringing in a full income.
    Little Fifth is now old enough to take day jobs on other farms.
    Li Man starts pretty small, by getting some chicks and piglets to raise.
    She then strikes up a deal with the local doctor. She gets one husband to buy the raw ingredients from the far away town market, and the doctor creates and sells the medicine from it, giving them a cut of the profits. She does make some suggestions to improve the medicine, based on her modern knowledge, which get her a larger cut.
    She plants a larger garden, to give them better meals.
    She finds wild garlic on the mountain and gets her husbands to harvest it and take it to market to sell. They make some money, but ultimately this backfires, since it isn't very popular and they get in some trouble at the market. This episode shows the brothers' indulgent side. They are pretty doubtful her plan will work and anyone will want to buy the wild garlic, but keep it to themselves as they encourage her enthusiasm and help gather and sell the garlic in the far away market.

Another poster mentions she makes make-up to sell and encourages the brothers to start a tailoring business with the profits, which is what cements their new upper-middle class status, but I am not there yet, and cannot confirm.
    The brothers receive a good amount of compensation money for the villagers who tried to attack and kill Li Man in the first chapter. This money is what enables them to purchase the extra fields.
    Li Mo opportunistically strangle a wolf to death, and sells the pelt for 3 silver taels.
    Li Hua has the chance to go on an all-expense paid trip to the capital to study, improving his prospects and relieving them of having to support him for a few months.
    Mostly, the MC inspires the brothers to improve themselves and their situation because they want her good opinion and to give her nice things, but since there are five of them, their efforts snowball into a larger impact. For example, they all work on fixing their house and property to impress her, and wind up improving everything, with a renovated roof, extra building, bigger garden, and new chicken coop and pig pen. They also start making the long trip to the market to sell things more frequently, since they want to get her things she likes.
    Having a woman around to keep everything in order seems to focus them, while making them used to having nice things, like good food, clean clothes, and neat, orderly appearance. They certainly bathe a lot more now that she's around, and
    she's teaching them how to read and write, and tutoring the youngest, saving on expensive school fees.
    which while not as direct as starting a business, probably did wonders for lifting them into the next social sphere.

Viliel likes this.
  8. hika21

hika21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What chapter she got back on the modern times did her husband really cheated?

9. northerner

northerner a stressed potato

Reading List:
    Link
    In chapter 21 or sth, they can't understand each other yet but suddenly in the market they can communicate? Hoooow?