Question [Forty Millenniums of Cultivation] Grandpas falling like rain

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Epythymy, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Epythymy

Epythymy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've finished reading c90 and other than annoyance I don't feel anything. As long as MC needs something there will be some kind of grandpa appearing out of nowhere to give it to him. Just in the first 30 chapters there were 4 of them. One of them fell from the sky (literally), another one time-traveled and gifted him his memories and experiences, next one is a powerful retired hidden instructor in his school, there is another one who is helping him to sell all kinds of scrap-metals to get money etc. It reached the level of absurdity.
    I thought it was a feature of the first arc so I tried to ignore it, but no, in the next arc it is time for all kinds of uncles and senior brothers/sisters to come and help him.
    Now he has best techniques, unlimited resources, best trainer, best possible training partner and all sorts of backing.
    In all honesty I was feeling sorry for the antagonist of volume 1. He is just a one-dimentional 2nd generation rich retarded young master.
    MC doesn't feel shy. He is going around tooting his own horn saying how amazing he is being able to win against rich young master despite being poor. He is so fking 'poor' now that I will be surprised if he actually lost.
    So I want to ask if this trend where everything is falling into his lap will continue?
    It is okay to get some external help if he is actively looking for it, but the problem is that all his problems were resolved without him doing anything as soon as they appeared.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, a grandpa harem?! :aww: Not something you see all that often, I have to say. :blobpeek:

Epythymy and juniorjawz like this.
  3. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    It's raining granpas~ hallelujah ~

juniorjawz likes this.
  4. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

5. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure almost every Chinese novel is like this where the main character has things fall on his lap. I'm in the 1400s he isn't poor anymore, but he isn't poor like past 150-200ch? I'm not sure it's been a long time.

6. Epythymy

Epythymy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I meant it in terms of overall conditions.
    But even excluding everything else, he was enjoying a royal treatment. It was said that before the start of the novel he was struggling to make 10,000 a month, but just during the first training session he was given a daily pay of 20,000 (at start) and an unlimited amount of resources for cultivation. It was mentioned that the amount of them he consumed on the first day was worth about 900,000 credits. Nothing else was said about the money, but his training regime was more and more intense as time passed, so the amount of resources consumed should've increased as well.

7. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    I know that he does get a lot of wealth, but he also has points where he has to start over since he isn't even in the same planet for a while. idk if you consider that a spoiler, but does have his up's and downs.

Epythymy likes this.