LCD Forty Millenniums of Cultivation

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Saint, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Invisalats

Invisalats The Bearded One

Reading List:
    Link
    This is really starting to drag, how many chapters is the author gonna use making sure we know everyone thinks he's trash again! I even waited two days only to find two more chapters with the exact same stuff just with different people.

2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Normally, doing that would definitely result in retaliation, but I wonder if his family will hold back due to the MC's veteran status. Also wondering if this little stunt will result in that status being revoked, and/or the guild targeting him to prevent future trouble now that they've made him an enemy.
    None of the artifacts they would use there would be particularly complex. He already knows more than anyone in the Federation about simple artifacts. What he wants to learn about are complex ones that use circuits and processors and require programing. Those kinds of artifacts can't survive at BBU, so how could they teach anyone anything about them? More specifically, how could what they teach be better than DSU that specializes in artificing? And, in their specialty field of body cultivating, what could they teach him that would actually be better than what he'll learn from the memory tree and that he couldn't learn at DSU?

3. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    good fast retaliation just end it here~
    as for that, still unknown factor~ despite mainly for muscle brain, for true cultivator on modern era they should know about basic thing~
    it's true they mainly train body but there is probability book or what ever it called for learning artificial making is available on library~
    the question is how advance is that? there also probability with University connection~ for famous level it should have deep one~ on all side~
    so far MC still wanna apply to deep sea through taking test, well after this chapter who know perhaps Helian Lie family can create trouble to make him fail or prevent him to make it through~

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If learning from books was good enough, there would be no point in going to school. You don't go to school for the books. You go for the teachers, the industry connections, and the like-minded students. BBU has none of those things.

I don't think Helian Lie's family has that much pull, especially after the MC's scores come out. I suppose they might be able to falsify his test results if they were willing to take some serious risks and pay some heavy costs, but I doubt it.

5. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    why you so sure? again as I stated it still unknown factor~ book and connection are just some possibility~ what he need is basic advance learning or something to harmonize his current knowledge with modern knowledge~ BBU mainly rely on muscle brain but it doesn't mean it will apply to whole teacher and student~ majority yes it is~ based on genre and if it will follow there will be "eccentric existence" weirdo on uni that perhaps can teach him~ again there always possibility~

as for helien lie family nope~ not about score since it too risky, they just need to make sure he fail to attend the test with many trick can be done~ it can done by heilan lie and or his family~ with his character so far unless he get great fear and lower his ego or restrained by his own family he will do something~ there also factor how important his standing on his family (influence and thing like big hope for family future) cuz on this genre face thing play important role~

6. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    wut the heck~ no wonder she nowhere to see when MC wake up~ if it's her caliber even helian family must think overtime cuz I remember they just "ordinary" family~ not "Cultivator" family

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I can understand him considering going to BBU out of gratitude for her being the only one that didn't think he was a cripple, but actually going there is still a massive mistake if he hasn't given up on his dreams. Also, its worth remembering that DSU didn't give up on him. They just wanted him to recover first, and, unlike the high school, I think they actually meant it.

I'm a bit surprised that he didn't already know who she was. Even if he didn't go to the competition and suck up to the recruiters personally (can't remember if he did), he should still have researched them so that he could send appropriate bribes as needed.
    Big Dong treated him as a near equal, and BD's family has more than one Foundation Stage cultivator, so there's a good chance that Helian Lie's family has at least one. If nothing else, they should have multiple Qi Condensation cultivators. Though, even if they had Core Formation cultivators, they still wouldn't be a match for BBU or the Disabled Veterans Association (or whatever it was called), much less both of them.

8. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    the key is on exam test, he not type who give up easily~ also if we compare about gratitude he still have promise with his benefactor which the one teach him crafting~ to become hmm artificial~
    I mention "ordinary" cuz back on island battle it mentioned MC probably from cultivator family unlike them who only rich family~
    it seem there great disparity on influence and power around those two~ while still not clear what "cultivator family" mean~ perhaps it similar with ancient clan concept~

9. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, there IS a way for him to achieve his dream to become a top Artificer at BBU. He can begin by making hellish but effective body tempering artifects similar to the "Give Up" training suit. Between his aquired ancient knowledge and modern sports science that BBU is likely to have plenty of, he can train efficiently to the peak of his level and then do things the traditional cultivator way, raid the enemy for loot and knowledge; what he cannot gain by raiding, trade and if not posssible, blackmail.

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Artifacts aren't valued at BBU because they break very very quickly for environmental reasons. Also, you don't become a genius inventor by training as a bandit. Not without quite a bit of plot armor. The school, as it has been described so far, is utterly useless to him.

11. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    why he make something like that? while it can raise his skill on certain level like make something from scarce resource~ rising his hmm creativity~

12. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    meh flashback? mu don't wanna read that at the moment~

13. aattss

aattss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd like the MC to join the academy which believes in him, assuming that they do have an artificing department. I mean, it's refreshing considering how many MCs are looked down on as waste.

I also like that a female character, maybe even a potential love interest, isn't a jade skinned beauty.

14. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    she is a beast~ rather than he eat her it's more like he will be eaten if she start to like him~

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is he so insistent on thinking that DSU gave up on him? Are his ears just for show? He even said it himself. He'll need a year to recover his spirit root.

I hope we're not about to get a flashback. Not only are they boring, but its inclusion would mean that he will, 100% for certain, go to BBU. Which will never make any sense since, if the school had anything to offer an potential Artificer, she would have told him when he proclaimed his dream.

DSU believes in him too. They're just more realistic in their immediate expectations of him. And, unlike BBU, they can actually help him achieve his dream.

Dating teachers is strictly forbidden in pretty much every educational institution. So if he went to BBU, he couldn't date her without it causing some sort of problem for both of them.

Also, just because she's treating him well, doesn't mean that the other students wouldn't look down on him due to his low AQ score, or treat him like trash due to his low stature, or whatever. Idiots exist everywhere, even more so in xianxia, and they can always find a reason to look down on people, especially those who stand out.

16. OmegaDion

OmegaDion [Ω The End Ω] [Forum Reporter]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm starting to get pissed. Why the hell is the author dragging the story back to square one again. It will be "Oh trash Mc then woah Genius Mc" all fucking over again.
    Jesus christ! and what's with this stupid ideology to follow your dreams no matter what. Bitch please! They gave up on you when you're already useless to them and the only shit that did not give up is that Body U. Fuck this shit! I was hoping this could have been a different novel but I was wrong. It's the same trash->genius->trash cycle all over again.

17. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Supply and Demand. Given that most students there are Body Cultivators with an ultra macho culture, training artifacts will be in high demand after weapons and medical drugs. Since high tech weapons aren't sustainable due to what I assume to be unstable supply lines thanks to constant combat, that's the market he can most likely gain a monopoly and reputation in without pissing off well armed competition and make powerful connections at the same time; Also, profit.

18. rnailo

rnailo Titel ?oh title, I haz none!

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I got some foreshadowing from one of the recent chapters ...
    1) Ding ding? ... always tries to recruit him to BBU combat section ... but since there is something like combat section there could be other sections as well just her obsession with combat section, doesn't try to recruit him using other means? just speculating
    2) Ding Ding? again mentioned that BBU had great access to all sorts of resources that normal universities don't because they are right in the middle of desolate wastelands - and what does a budding artificer needs most? - resources

EDIT : besides I can feel that there will be some sort of hidden OP sensei in artifacts in BBU

19. bogdanel13

bogdanel13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They said somewhere before the tournament that there is a special branch of geniuses who dont enrol in a university, but they are raised by all of them , something like people who surpass the rules.

20. rnailo

rnailo Titel ?oh title, I haz none!

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't that the talk about hybrids .. cultivators who could do all of the things that the specialized one could .. like them medics, analytics, artificers, and combat ones