LCD Forty Millenniums of Cultivation

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Saint, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Silverasterisk

Silverasterisk [Wallflower] [Drive by poster]

Reading List:
    Link
    They gave him a stupid extreme challenge for a stupid extreme reward. He passed and now he gets it. They basically gave him the equivalent of raiding fort Knox armed with a backpack while they knew he was coming. No one actually expected him to win.

2. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    boing boing boing~ blablbabla yeah those two are awesome I know~
    let da combat test begin! so I can start reading again~

Trent likes this.
  3. Trent

Trent ☕ Ursine Tea Zealot ☕

Reading List:
    Link
    What scores do ya think they'll get?
    Jiang Shaoyang's, a perfect 100?
    And Li Yao's, though it should get a few points off for its nonstandard design and lower specs, should score over 100, right? :blob_grin:

sketchn98 likes this.
  4. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    it will be fun read~

5. Trent

Reading List:
    Link
    We're usually supposed to root for the MC, but I'd give Jiang Shaoyang's Wolf King the win.
    Despite supposedly being a grassroots creation, Li Yao's Tarantula actually seems more expensive to field and maintain than the Wolf King.

-It uses up more crystals in its attacks, making it less efficient.
    -Its much worse agility and inability to dodge means that it'll probably take more time and resources to repair the damage it'll slowly take.

And let's not ignore:
    "[J]ust take a look at the Tarantula, from which angle does it look like a lightweight warbeast? At the very least, it is a middleweight warbeast!"

There are already plenty of heavier constructs that have higher firepower than the Mystic Wolf. That isn't what it's supposed to specialize in. Li Yao did an awesome job of making his Tarantula with what he had available, but it doesn't measure up to the Mystic Wolf in the areas that soldiers who use them actually need.

6. Trent

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobtriumph: Getting drunk off of guzzling hundreds of liters of tea. Jiang Shaoyang is a real man!

sketchn98 likes this.
  7. sketchn98

sketchn98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really liked that the author remembered the lesson mc learned on the train and had him take the high speed rail. Also, Jiang Shaoyang quitting school was awesome. Li Yao's going to have a long term rival instead of a foe he steps on in an arc and never sees again.

8. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    why no new chapters?

9. k1nk4

k1nk4 Sage Verdurous Sea Turtle

Reading List:
    Link
    question: how is the romance? does he stays with the muscular woman (the one that was stayed with him when he was a "cripple"), the cold beauty (the "queen" in his high school that made him fix some sort of a old computer) or does he take both? does the novel focus a little bit in romance or just the ordinary endless grinding?

10. sketchn98

Reading List:
    Link
    that star-sun metaphor by JS was amazing. Also why do people in this novel insist on having flying mountains?

11. sketchn98

Reading List:
    Link
    Just finished the refiner exam arc a few chapters ago and now the exo training camp has already reached a point where i cant wait to see what happens next.

12. Mithun

Mithun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    cold beauty is probably an unimportant side character who will not be mentioned again.
    he proposes to ding lingdang at around ch 296-300.

k1nk4 likes this.
  13. sketchn98

Reading List:
    Link
    that tree trap was pretty great, but what happens to the 17 lights that mc had after that? there were only 200 to start, so i guess less than 20 people will pass

14. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yuan Manqiu said unemotionally, "I have no doubt that he could survive in the Freezing Frost Realm and the Fire Stream Realm without the crystal suit and perhaps live a good life!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

15. ErickErickErick

ErickErickErick New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Badass. hahaha

16. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As of 336 has MC broken through to foundation? Also does anyone who has read the raws or machine translations know when he breakthroughs I know is not that important but still kinda curious. Also just spoiler tag it or send it to me via PM so as to not post spoilers here =D

17. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this arc is so boring

18. sketchn98

Reading List:
    Link
    No, this novel focuses on refining a lot more than cultivation, so he moves slowly.

19. sketchn98

Reading List:
    Link
    I have actually loved this arc a lot. Pretty much over half of the novel has been building to this point and the plot is good enough to keep surprising me.

20. mr.tanen

mr.tanen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i agree that the pacing has been on and off for a while, particularly in this arc, but you can't deny that it's had its moments too. the fact that one of LY's main goals has been accomplished is no small matter (mystic skeleton battlesuit)...i also see it as a big setup for the big war that is coming in the not so far future

all in all i blame the editing/planning (not on the translator team's part, but the author's) that made what could have been one of the best arcs so far into an ok arc

i don't know about the raws, but so far i'd say it's 50/50...also, compared to his peers he's quite ahead in his cultivation
    then again now some "young masters" (ugh) have been introduced which might make him look like a weakling (n)