LCD Forty Millenniums of Cultivation

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Saint, Dec 20, 2016.

1. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes the arc where he finishes the MS is fantastic.
    but this military selection arc is utter bullshit.

this is an internal issue so why the hell do the suit pilots need to fight a battleship?
    it's like comparing apples and oranges. not to mention that the battleship would just bombard the entire area if he knows there are several suits flying around on the ground.

the use of a battleship is to fight aerial battles and function as a ship/port/artillery while the MS are infantry. if these shit generals cant even understand this, they need to retire or die earlier

not to mention the BS sending scouts out so they can BOMBARD with accuracy. does anyone not see the irony here? why don't u just bombard the entire area? or rather blow up the planet? it's a war of annihilation not a war of conquest against the demons anyway

right now this arc is literally saying
    "give me more money to buy cars to drive"
    "give me $$ to hire people !!we haf no people!!(to drive the cars/do stuff"

"u no wan give me money to buy cars?? OKAY u tell the people u r gonna to hire to TO FITE MY TRUCK!"

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    AardwarkThe2nd, mrttao and mr.tanen like this.
  2. sketchn98

sketchn98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    damn, the condom industry in this universe is crazy. they have to essentially stop superhumans who can't control themselves.

mrttao likes this.
  3. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    just started reading the suit vs ship arc and it is fucking stupid.
    fuck this arc.

used robot bees to scout, robot wolves to murder
    not enough? fucking railgun you. the only other time railguns was used was during the beast tide. wow.

and now they want to shoot missiles

what shit test is this? more like a murder game.

this is the most retarded arc ever.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  4. TheHoblit

TheHoblit Peak Dual-Cultivator

Reading List:
    Link
    This guy messed with the MCs woman.
    RIP

5. rav1980

rav1980 Random Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    The point of a Suit vs Ship is proving a new type of untested battle suit can stand up to a much stronger entity/cultivator and either fight back or escape. What would happen to a rank and file soldier in a battle suit if it ran into a demon general/king? Could they escape or would they die a dog's death without being to do a thing. If they are unable to defend themselves vs. a ship when it's not trying to kill them. What happens when they face a demon that is? A ship is equivalent to a high ranking demon or cultivator so it is a good test for a battle suit that may face similar situations and battles at that level.

sketchn98 likes this.
  6. Kilian

Kilian Dao of Dreams

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel has suffered from a decrease in story quality. His use of the old guys soul and skills are underused and the focus of the story are only on his craftiness and modifying ability.

Raizhee and mrttao like this.
  7. TheHoblit

TheHoblit Peak Dual-Cultivator

Reading List:
    Link
    so this is going premium on the 11th

fuck qidian, i hate this system

swordman009 and Raizhee like this.
  8. Raizhee

Raizhee bubblegum bitch

Reading List:
    Link
    5 days until it's going premium huh ... well it was already announced that it will go premium sooner or later so not surprised .

9. Opjohnaexe

Opjohnaexe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Soo just to clarify; Premium = no more "add" chapters at all?

10. Haxk

Haxk Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Correct. All chapters behind a paywall.

I'm sure it's difficult, especially if you are invested in a good story, but I would simply stop reading Qidian novels.

If you are lucky enough to have disposable income you can spend on entertainment, I would recommend attempting to buy the story or translation directly from the author/translator.

The reason why I recommend doing the above, is that I view Qidan as rather predatory as a result of the contract terms they cajole authors/translators into with the size of their business. Also think their business model, of pay per chapter, encourages things like filler chapters and the overall dumbing down of stories in order to meet word counts/extend the potential of pay pages. If you don't vote with your wallet, or don't stop reading/viewing ads, those types of practices never change.

11. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mostly a paywall... every day you login you get a few free fake money. There is some randomness involved and varied cost per chapter. But it is roughly 1 free chapter a day per person.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  12. Opjohnaexe

Reading List:
    Link
    Well my problem is that I'd rather prefer not to have a profile on a webpage managed by tencent, no offense towards china in general, but I'm not entirely sure I trust them (not that I trust western pages per se, but chinese laws tend to be very pro-china and not really concern themselves with anything else).

Haxk likes this.
  13. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't trust them to do what? just use a completely unique password
    https://www.strongpasswordgenerator.org/

14. Opjohnaexe

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh it's not that, it's mianly the whole combining a password with email adresses, my IP adress trail and many many other things, just using a unique password ain't gonna really do anything, just surface level stuff.

15. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are talking complete and utter nonsense.

1. They can't do jack shit with your IP, and they have your IP address ANYWAYS... having a login doesn't matter to them having your IP. Also the fact you are calling it "IP Trail" instead of just "know my IP address" suggests you watch too much TV and are spouting technobabble that you do not understand the meaning of

2. Giving them an email address is completely harmless, if you are afraid of spam just use a disposable email to do so.

3. Combining password with email is LITERALLY why I told you to use a unique password. It isn't "surface level stuff", it literally solves the one and only problem (which would be them getting hacked and your email+password combo being leaked)

sketchn98 likes this.
  16. Opjohnaexe

Reading List:
    Link
    I know what an IP adress is, yes I might've used the wrong phrase (I took a course on being an IT-technitian for a while).

As for the email part, it's mainly that for some reason you can't (or at least I havn't figured out how), to make a new email adress without using a pre-existing email adress as "proof" that I'm real.

I just don't know, I just don't trust it I guess. Maybe (possibly) I'm overreacting, but I just don't like it. By the way just to clarify it's not really china per se I don't trust in this endeavour, I don't particularly trust the US either, but at least I can to some level actually communicate with the people over there as compared to china.

But yes I'm propably overreacting.

17. Opjohnaexe

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorrry please ignore what I previously wrote, you're right, and I reacted poorly, I just recently had the displeasure of watching a video about a guy testing whether or not the whole "google listens to what you talk about through your microphone" debarcle was true. So he tested it and got scarily certain results proving that yes they do.

This shouldn't really affect other things I say or do, but it just sent me into a kind of black hole of paranoia, which caused me to react poorly to this situation.

mrttao likes this.
  18. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    just google for "disposable email address"

Being concerned is reasonable. It's just the specifics that are the issue. Most important thing is to use a unique password for each site. And not install shady programs. If you think a site is going to spam you, then sign up to it with a disposable email

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  19. dulguN

dulguN Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this thread is dead cuz of Qidian international lol

TheHoblit likes this.
  20. sketchn98

sketchn98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For anyone who actually gives a shit about the story and isn't going to whine about Quidian, what are your thoughts on the way the story is headed?