Free Story Ideas

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by Scholar of Eclipse, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Scholar of Eclipse

Scholar of Eclipse Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well...free story ideas to use? I mean, I have lots of story ideas in my head that doesn't really match what I want or the world i'm writing, so..i'll just share it. I can't remember every idea I had, especially when it's already late at night, but here are some that I remember.

1. The main character thought that they had been transmigrated to another world, but the truth is that they were nothing but his dreams when he fell into a coma.

2. The gods create and make civilization have various scenarios such as disasters, heroes, magic systems, etc. in a manner akin to D&D.

3. The demon king heads to the human world to find his lost humanity.

4. In this world, the people who use magical powers are called 'Shifters,' who transform into monster-animal-like creatures every time they use their powers, which were all unique depending on which creature they consumed while drinking a potion. In the eyes of the public, they were deemed as devils. Out of sheer desperation from certain matters, the main character becomes these so-called 'devils' themselves.

5. In this world, there was once a system called the [Devil System]. In exchange for happiness, corpses, souls, lifespans, etc. One can use supernatural powers for a period of time or strengthen its might depending on how much or how valuable their exchange for it is worth. One day, the main character accidentally gains this [Devil System].

Maybe i'll post some more later..

2. Sleep-deprived-enthusiast

Sleep-deprived-enthusiast |Daydreaming Literate Mon~key|

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, I don't play video games anymore, but I saw a very, very intriguing and eye-opening game which has a very similar concept and story to your first idea.

Hope you enjoy these as I did.

Walter vi Britannia likes this.
  3. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    - Woman got reincarnated into a body of a man, and unintentionally making harem because (s)he could understand women's heart

4. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's literally the EXACT game I thought of when I read the first point. lol

Literally one of the best games I've ever played.

5. Sleep-deprived-enthusiast

Sleep-deprived-enthusiast |Daydreaming Literate Mon~key|

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope to play it... Seems months or years away from now though xD Busy - busy - busy

6. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, (1) isn't a significant difference to most Isekai, and can easily be written as an annoying variant on "everything was a dream". Hell, Isekai Ojisan is basically the same premise, but where the Isekai was real. (2) & (3) are easily found as well, with an example of (2) being Goblin Slayer, and (3) with about half the stories where the MC is a Demon King, with most of the other half already having the Demon King retaining their humanity from before becoming Demon King and showcasing how much better it is to have it.

(4) & (5) are good recommendations, though, they're just unique enough that they don't seem standard, while having enough description that they have something to go with, but not so much to constrain a potential writer.

Sorry for the wordiness, I tend to ramble on. Hopefully, despite the length of these two, they aren't seen as being overly constrictive. They're both just Power Systems, though, so no plot points.

Now I'll create some suggestions myself:
    A) Magic and/or Cultivation World where people's Magic/Ki/Qi/Chakra/Spirit/Other takes on properties of real-world material that they choose (and need access to in order to cultivate). The more specific, and rare (or complicated), the material, the more powerful their cultivation, at the cost of versatility. For example, a Liquid Cultivator maintains huge amounts of versatility, but has almost no power for their level. A Water Cultivator manages about middling levels of potential versatility and power for their level. A Blood Cultivator has fairly low versatility but high power. A Milk Cultivator has almost no versatility but INCREDIBLE power for their level. Please note, a Milk Cultivator and a Lactose Cultivator are different, as a Milk Cultivator can only manipulate Milk and, sometimes, Cream, while a Lactose Cultivator can manipulate Milk, Cheese, Cream, Yogurt, and everything else directly related to dairy. All cultivator's can create a temporary form of their cultivation medium for short periods for combat. Fire & Electricity are close to Water's level, but, due to their energy nature, are commonly considered stronger than they actually are due to being near completely offensively focused. Electricity is also difficult to cultivate due to not having enough of it available in most natural situations to even attempt to start cultivating it.

B) Deck Of Cards Power Development System, aka, 54 Pickup Power Growth. People in the world have a method of improving their power where they develop towards making an internal deck of playing cards (2 Colours, selectable, spread between Hearts, Diamonds, Clubs, & Spades Suits as desired. 13 of each - 2-10, King, Queen, Jack & Ace, and 2 Jokers), from which they draw a hand of cards to empower themselves, with most hands simply being a power up based on how good the hand is in some real-world playing card game (Blackjack, Poker, other's if you know of other's where points are positively scored from the cards you have at the end). Everyone has their own developmental tendencies, which can be amplified or mitigated depending on how they build their deck, or their hand. Each suit has a specialty, (Hearts is Body, Diamonds is Resilience, Clubs is Aggressive, Spades is Environmental), with each number card (2-10) amplifying some basic aspect of your ability in relation to that aspect (Hearts/Body improves health, Diamonds/Resilience improves durability, Clubs/Aggressive improves strength, Spades/Environmental improves perception), while the Face cards (King, Queen, Jack) give some related, but "random", power that's actually based on their inherent traits and the colours chosen. Ace cards give an activatable temporary empowerment in the basic aspect or powers used of that suit, though that comes with strain-based downsides when it wears off. Jokers can only be chosen with two suits of the same colour (which is why there's a requirement for there to be 2 pairs of suits the same colour, even if they aren't the standard pairing of Hearts/Diamonds & Clubs/Spades, and aren't the standard colours of Red/Black), and can be used as a stand in for almost any card of that colour, but only one at a time.

Edit Add a while later: Additional things for the (B) Suggestion: Due to the card game I know of as "Switch", which probably became the basis for Uno (of developed from Uno for play without an Uno Deck, but probably came first), 2's should have some easily utilised but weak aggressive technique (think of a weak spamable special attack, especially for Clubs) as it's Draw 2, 4's some strong but restricted technique (think a strong finisher special attack, especially for Clubs) as it's draw 4, 10's have some sort of hindering technique as it's skip the next person, and Jacks should have some sort of movement technique as it's reverse direction of play (or skip opponent if two-player).

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021