Freedom

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Gandire Alea, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    What is freedom? To not be bound down? To come and go as pleased? To not have to worry about consequences? To have no obligations to others? Freedom comes about in a myriad of different ways within the various aspects of life. Freedom can be obtained in one aspect but be lacking in others.

One type of freedom is embodied by the physical self. This freedom allows the owner to come and go as pleased, to endure unfettered and press onward, to accomplish feats others are unable to do. Not everyone can enjoy this freedom, whether by illness, injury, or physical limitation from birth. When lost, very little can be done to regain it. When the ability to develop it is possessed, it can often be over looked or underestimated. When actually possessed, others may put it down.

Yet, when possessed, the world may feel as though it is at the tips of the finger. There is no need to worry about being unable to get to place. Many like to project their own inabilities on others and claim some tasks are impossible because they can't fulfil them. This freedom proves them wrong.

This freedom, as long as the body is able, is simple to obtain. A healthy life style and exercise are what is required. All that needs to be done are push ups, sit ups, running, pull ups, planks, and leg lifts. Fancy equipment might help, but they are not required. As the body grows in strength, more options will become available to it. An example of what those options are can be found here.

To have strength is a freedom many can enjoy, but few seem to strive for.

XxVioletxX and Cutter Masterson like this.
  2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Freedom is reprieve from lockdown...

while still sanctioning work from home. :blobpeek:

reagents 11 and Himura Kouen like this.
  3. Deleted member 283793

Deleted member 283793 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I once read, that a pedestrian has more freedom than a bicyclist on the road. And a bicyclist has more freedom than a motorcyclist, who in turn has more freedom than a person in a car. And of course the car driver will have more freedom than a pilot.

It really brings to perspective how freedom differs based on the circumstances.

4. Deadmantellnotales

Deadmantellnotales rebmeM nwonK-lleW

Reading List:
    Link
    Absolute Freedom = Chaos

otaku31 likes this.
  5. Deleted member 367916

Deleted member 367916 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    To be free is to be untamed like a wild horse~
    I have never been free since birth, always been occupied/restricted by something or the other.
    ^^

6. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    My own personal freedom is something I longed for for a long time, and was finally able to obtain some years ago. I have been a happier person since then. Even if I lose my freedom in other ways, by being ill, by being injured, or by dying, I still won’t have lost what freedom means to me.

7. A Certain G.I.R.L.

A Certain G.I.R.L. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it is hard to define freedom in the broad sense.

For example, I can say that I was born in a time where I have the freedom to change my body to fit my gender, which is a great thing.

On the other hand, it would probably be terrifying to live in a society where other people have the freedom to kill you according to their whims.

I believe it is important and necessary for everyone to have some degree of freedom on the things that matter for them, but it is hard to say much more about freedom itself as a whole.

8. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    https://gundam.fandom.com/wiki/ZGMF-X10A_Freedom_Gundam

AliceShiki likes this.
  9. phonebinder

phonebinder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Freedom is like pizza. You want it if you don't have it. If you have it, then you just want more.

I think that the life lesson that we learned from this is that PIZZA IS THE BEST.

AliceShiki likes this.
  10. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I have to say I love the phylosophical conclusions people arrive to at NUF~

phonebinder likes this.
  11. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Freedom is what you want it to be.

12. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    The freedom your thinking about is mostly a physical thing. Personally, I’ve always believe freedom is two half’s of the same coin. One is physically and the other is mentally. When in prison physically. Nothing will stop you mentally. As to the reverse. I think that happens rarely. But getting back to physical freedom. For me I’m a lazy person. No use denying it. Lol. So what I do is keep a routine. My work schedule can change, but I always aim to go to the gym 3 times a week and in between do some hiking. This year I’ve been doing pretty good. People have been complementing me about it. My aim is to look a little like Jason Mamoa from Aquaman.
    Freedom is never given it is earned

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
    AliceShiki likes this.
  13. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    But it's too much work >.<

I think freedom's having the possibility of doing whatever you want, but you don't have to do it.

AliceShiki likes this.
  14. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    I called it one type of freedom

Cutter Masterson likes this.