Resolved Friends

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by kurousagi4242, May 6, 2019.

?

Do you think friendship is fragile?

1. yes

19 vote(s)
    82.6%
  2. no

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. kurousagi4242

kurousagi4242 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So maybe it's because I'm writing it straight out of having a couple of really close (my only) friendships broken and I may be depressed and have nobody to lean on rn but why is friendship so fragile?

I'll start will my own story. I've known these people for 2-8 years at varying lengths. It's really hard for me to make friends with people so these people are really my only friends. Due to my own reasons, I've been sleeping earlier and kinda but not really studying for my AP test which is on Wednesday (Yay.) So I've been having a hard time reading and responding to their messages. It's not the first time it's happened and I promised awhile to try my best to always respond to them but I just haven't been able to and they're really disappointed in me, to begin with so they've dropped me. We'll probably still talk but it'll never be as close. They'll definitely stop caring about me, stop trying to help something that can't change. But it's sad to me even those it's my own fault.

Additional note they always tell me to get my crap together and get it done ie get a driver's license, get a job, volunteer, etc and they really do care it's just I'm a lazy bum and they got hurt I ignored their advice; in the end, it's my fault. I didn't reciprocate the same effort they put into the friendship. I didn't do as much as I should have for them to stay with me.

They say I have changed. Maybe I have, but I don't feel the same way I feel like I haven't changed at all maybe it's because they found out more they don't like about me. It may be because of my laziness and inattentiveness. Don't hate on them please they really are good people and are the people I wronged.

Did the 8 years of friendship only amount to this much?

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  2. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    What are these "friends" you speak of, are they tasty?

3. kurousagi4242

Reading List:
    Link
    They're as rare as unicorns and as hard to catch. I heard their meat gives you immortality :cookie:

One Perfect Veteran likes this.
  4. GoldenGoddess

GoldenGoddess ^.^

Reading List:
    Link
    Real friends accept you for who you are..everything that is in you...the good and the bad. Time doesn't factor into it, people develop priorities, and if they are true no matter if you have different paths, if you need them or they need you, you will be there for each other.
    And sometimes, even if years of no communication has passed, once you talk to them it feels like it was just yesterday.

5. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    On a more serious note, the thing called friendship, unless nurtured is very fragile. It's easily broken when it is not maintained and cherished. Hell even when you do your best to maintain what you thought was a friendship, it falls apart because the feelings were not reciprocated. Point in fact, it's one of the reasons why I'm cynical and only deals in superficial online friendships anymore.

It's really sad when you can trust a stranger over the interwebs more then the people you've known literally for more then 30 years.

6. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's why they left you lol. They detected your insatiable hunger for their flesh so they ran away as fast as possible when they found signs of you aiming to pounce on them.

Get Nepped and kurousagi4242 like this.
  7. lehur

lehur ぼく愛エリス

Reading List:
    Link
    better for you telling this reason straight to them, well seems like your friends want to have always ON mode

kurousagi4242 likes this.
  8. kurousagi4242

Reading List:
    Link
    I did explain however even to myself it just felt like I was spewing useless excuses

9. Yeenie

Yeenie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well. The way u are saying that u r a lazy bum. It probably made ur friends feel that u r too lazy to even bother being a real friend to them. Maybe that was why they “dropped” you? Friends don’t always stay there for u when u don’t make an effort to be a friend urself. I have seen many similar cases, myself included. Sometimes I’m just too busy to keep up with so many friends especially after I have a family. It’s difficult to keep a friend who doesn’t join in much with the group. Maybe it’s just time for u to find another group that will feel comfortable with your timetable.

10. listener

listener Tony's Friend

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL 8 years ? don't matter how long it is, if it's fake friendship...., it can break easily..., every friendship there's some hidden motive about it, like he need you for something..., but if he didn't need you anymore, he will throw you away

11. kurousagi4242

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea I don't delude myself, it was in the fact it was my fault hopefully I can at least keep things cordial with them and maybe heal a little with them but things wont be the way they used to be and hopefully if i do make new friends i don't f it up again

12. Siceraria

Siceraria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    a71952a74df5e37d344b585d2ac574ff.jpg
    Well, from a NUFian perspective of the world, friendship is like reading novels.
    Like most novels, friendships appear in your life and fade away when it ends.
    In very rare cases, you will see friendships that last until you die, which would be a very long novel or if you expect to ever reach the end of Tales of Demons and Gods (advisable to leave a will behind for your grandchildren to finish reading it).
    But in all these cases, you should focus on what was the best parts of the friendship you had.

King0Mik and kurousagi4242 like this.
  13. Yeenie

Yeenie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My group of friends changes with time. School, College, Uni, and all my different workplaces. Except for a few closer friends that I still keep contact with but we do not require much spending of time together. We usually meet up once or twice a year or even longer. So there is really no need to get too frustrated over losing friends. U can just find more who will be more suitable depending on your needs at your current time. Don’t feel too depressed.

orematcha and kurousagi4242 like this.
  14. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    I know how you feel. Now I don’t even know what “friendship” or true friends is or what it even means.
    Now I just feel like empty lol. I just can’t trust humans anymore or that easily

15. SummerForest

SummerForest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are blaming your friends for drifting apart when you yourself didn't try to nurture the ties? You failed to communicate, you failed to do anything they wanted you to do(even when they were telling you to do those things for your own good), so what do you expect? Friendship turns into bonds only when there are enough interaction and mutual dependence. Otherwise, you are bound to drift away.

16. kurousagi4242

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't blame them as I had stated it was indeed my own faults that led to this. I'll rewrite it if it seems that way I wrote it feeling really emotional I've cooled down quite a bit now.

17. diyaanubha

diyaanubha Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You see real friends are those who don't care what you have or do not have they are with you because of who you are, they won't care if you have a driving license sure they will worry but they won't constantly nag you about it if it's something you don't want to do, speaking about jobs well a job is how you earn your living so that says enough I think, volunteering now that's a choice you have to make it depends totally upon you. And not replying to texts that's something extremely normal it's not something to get hung up on and breaking a 2-8 year long friendship because of it, honestly seems like a joke to me if those so called "friends" blame you just because of that they probably weren't real friends.But seeing your situation it's fault on both sides, not having enough communication and not trying to talk it out properly is one of the reasons friendships slowly crumble.

Being depressed is natural but being depressed about some people who probably didn't think of you as an important person is pretty sad so hey, cheer up who doesn't encounter some setbacks in their lives, think of this as a cleansing period where you throw all the garbage out of your life and make space for the treasures you have yet to encounter. I hope that you feel better I can't tell you to stop being depressed cause depression isn't going to magically disappear so all I can do is tell you to see things from a different perspective hoping that it will help.

You know I don't really reply to texts I prefer talking or meeting face to face and I have a really nice group of friends they were with me when I was lost so they know me for who I am. From my view point and experience that what I had to say but some people may have a different opinion.

Donutmindme and kurousagi4242 like this.
  18. listener

listener Tony's Friend

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_patpat:don't give up, and became a NEET,
    :aww: maybe you can try to trust me...., even though i'm just suspicious blob

19. SummerForest

SummerForest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Then why don't you try to salvage your friendship by trying to redeem yourself?

20. listener

listener Tony's Friend

Reading List:
    Link
    well i agree, i must waited many hours to get reply from some girls. but, if it's me, they will definitely got mad:sweating_profusely: