Discussion FROM SOFTWARE new game idea

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Kronos, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Kronos

Kronos Mum's SwagYeti

Reading List:
    Link
    This may contain some spoilers from the Souls Series!

So Im thinking about what game FROM SOFTWARE might create,

what If Miyazaki designs a new game similar to Dark Souls trilogy(if we assume there's no Dark Souls 4), but with an added twist where you need to create your own actual account i.e. verified.

So something like lets say to play the game(Dark Souls 1), as you progress in the game your playstyle and other personal game data is stored for your account for the AI to use it for adapting to your particular playstyle and make its own countermeasures for added difficulty(for every player because of their own accounts used to play the game), then when you defeat the last boss(Lord Gwyn) of the 1st game which makes you a Lord of Cinder,

then based on the lore we all know the process of Linking the Fire has to be performed again to prevent the world from becoming Dark, so once you play the second game(Dark Souls 2), the next Lord of Cinder your new character needs to fight with to Link the Fire is basically an AI based on your playstyle etc (heck even your weapon of choice) with some stats adjustments. and the same process happens for the 3rd game(Dark Souls 3, the Soul of Cinder).

ofcourse it could also be that in every NG+ you do in the game, every last boss you face is that much stronger as the AI adapts to and improve upon your playstyle and tactics you used to defeat it from the previous NG.

so overall you're basically trying to defeat your peak self from the previous game to defeat the second one, making it that much harder and harder every NG+ and/or when you advance to the next Souls game.

just an afterthought i had

what you guys think?

for me it might be possible to be done if they have the appropriate technology especially with Miyazaki being a badass that has the balls to make games that are so incredible i.e. taking the risk of developing games with this type of difficulty, lack of instructions, tutorial bosses that kills you in 1 or 2hits tops, etc. its just awesome!

2. Omnicast

Omnicast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Too expensive to develop smart AI. Just sell more DLCs.

Edit: And no this isn't a new game idea. More like a game feature. One that links all the previous games together. This would mean you'd need to resell the previous games! OH YOU CAN SELL THEM AS REMASTERED/REBOOT/SPECIAL EDITIONS! Might be worth it...

Previous games + new game... that's like 4x sales! Not to mention all the extra DLCs and collectibles! Don't forget season pass!

SirPinha and AMissingLinguist like this.
  3. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait till Quantum computering is real not myth

4. SirPinha

SirPinha #Vaporwave

Reading List:
    Link
    Niggazaki said he's going to stop with the Souls series and games of the same style.

5. arrogantyoungmaster

arrogantyoungmaster 20 Nuf = 1 face slap to make your day better

Reading List:
    Link
    meanwhile potato pc users like me are playing dark souls 1 with 10 fps i m too manly

Devourer likes this.
  6. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    Dragon's Dogma does that in the first game. A better idea would be a fight with all the bosses AT ONCE. Masochism is the core of Dark Souls.

MarSprite and Kronos like this.
  7. Kronos

Kronos Mum's SwagYeti

Reading List:
    Link
    he said he's gonna make a friendly, colorful and happy game before he released dark souls 2..... so im just gonna be hopeful for some other game with related genre or something.

8. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    problem here is simple.

what data can your account actually collect ingame that gives an accurate reading of your "playstyle". the same stats can be acquired in different ways. the same result can be reached doing different things.

what if it works? and I played the game by screwing around and getting lucky? you mean to tell me that I would have caused the next boss to have so many openings I could b*tch-slap him into oblivion and it would be a legit playthrough?

9. Kronos

Kronos Mum's SwagYeti

Reading List:
    Link
    i already maxed out my hollowing before before the deacons of the deep in DS3 and it wasnt even on purpose T_T

yeah i suck at this game, but i still love it :D

10. SenjiQ

SenjiQ [Wise, for a Bird]

Reading List:
    Link
    They should make another Armoured Core game

MarSprite likes this.
  11. congvthc

congvthc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i would love from software and the guys from divinity come together and make a game, with souls difficulty, fight mechanic, and from divinity original sin, the story, npc interaction, magic

12. Kronos

Kronos Mum's SwagYeti

Reading List:
    Link
    i dont think you'd be able to defeat the last boss while dicking around though...

13. SirPinha

SirPinha #Vaporwave

Reading List:
    Link
    Just add something here:
    Dark Souls 2 >> all
    And Dark Souls 1.5 is too easy.
    Gwyn is a assholes that fucked up the cicle of the world... Just cuz he was scared.
    And the DLC of Dark Souls 1.5 has no sense with the lore of the first 2 games!

14. InternetHitler

InternetHitler Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They already said that one of the games they're planning on making is a Dark Fantasy one. Hoping they get out of that Souls rave since they're talented people and could up with something more interesting.

15. InternetHitler

Reading List:
    Link
    Demon souls was never about being a 'hard' game.
    People are quick to point fingers at Gwyn for his actions, if earth had an inevitable end and we have some means to delay it we would undoubtedly do it too.
    How so with the first game? Could not care less about the second game so don't explain anything about that.

16. InternetHitler

Reading List:
    Link
    They are at least its 75% confirmed they did say they're bringing back one of their older games.

17. SirPinha

SirPinha #Vaporwave

Reading List:
    Link
    First: Dark Souls 1.5 = Dark Souls 3.
    Second: Gwyn is a stupid and scared cat... He killed almost all dragons for no aparent reason... Made Izalith creat the chaos flame, wich transformed her and almost all her daughters and only son into monsters... Mistread one of his son just cuz he was a shemale... Banned another just cuz he was against exterminating all dragons...
    And burned himself messing with the natural order of the world... And you saying he's being mistread by the fans? Man plz...

18. InternetHitler

Reading List:
    Link
    I argued specifically about people flaking Gwyn FOR his actions on delaying the inevitable. I never said the fans are wrong for him mistreating him(As I could not care any less) but what they're mistreating him for Genius. You brought up argument points that is irrelevant to the matter. Only point you brought up that is pertinent to the discussion is Gwyn making Izalith making the chaos flame which by the way there's no evidence what so ever that he forced her to do so on the contrary evidence points otherwise she of her own volition did so in attempt to make a new First Flame.