Funny but annoying reviews

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by hatoyin97, Jun 17, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hatoyin97

hatoyin97 «Frigid Heart Petrification Manual»

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking through the reviews because I was bored...
    Came across one of my fav novel (WMW)
    I thought it was a good idea to read its reviews...
    I was again realised how shamless people can be...
    I mean even one review said he/she understand it is tagged cruel and cold hearted mc but complain.about mc abandoning his maid or minions.... saying it was extreme...(really?! Wouldn't taking care of them make mc break out of his character?!)
    Then there are these similar reviews saying mc is cold hearted, mc is cruel....

I had a laugh but at the same time I wanna smack an idiot...

Not sure if it was worth it or not

2. Hazery

Hazery Missing Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone gave a novel one star when reading NTR series, complain that the novel contain NTR and not suited for his taste...

Someone gave Overlord 1 star because he didn't like Evil Misunderstand MC...

Honestly, low star review was good because it contain a true feeling from a reader. But when someone trying to justify giving a series a low star because the novel did not suit his taste (someone who hates harem gave novel one star because it contain harem) really make me tilt my head :facepalm:

3. HaseoXV

HaseoXV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i never trust review ever since i joined NU most of them are stupid rant anyway

mir and hatoyin97 like this.
  4. Fundle

Fundle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a review on The Inverted Dragons Scale talks that says he stopped at chapter 25 and gave one star because he doesn't want to read the story of a handicap person. The preface of the story is the MC got struck by lightening as a child so he was handicapped, The story expound on that for about a paragraph....and that's it. Literally in the first chapter he almost punches somebody to death and by chapter 10 is about how he saves his girl from assassins. I think they just read the preface and nothing more and then wrote the review cause nowhere in the story does it explain the daily life a cripple kid.

The worst part about it is that the most liked review. On the entire page.
    At least read the story if your going to give a review.

firefox1234 and hatoyin97 like this.
  5. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Not annoying per se, but this is really funny.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    mir and hatoyin97 like this.
  6. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are stories where the author will force the MC to take certain action (or lack of action) despite it contradicting the MC's character. I think that listing that as a negative in the review is totally justified.
    But things like "the mc's character is consistent, but I just don't like it, 1 star" in a review...
    gives me the same feeling as you:

7. Karyehs

Karyehs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's kinda weird that many people only want to 'allow' only positive crap reviews. Why does it matter that your story is tagged as X (NTR, racism, rape victim become lovers, harem, yaoi, etc.)? Just because the tags tell you what is inside the novel, it doesn't mean you can't dislike it for said elements.

I feel like you'd be okay with bashing racist novels, even though the tags tell you that it's racist. Which would kinda make you a bigot.

8. firefox1234

firefox1234 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Those ones crack me up!:LOL:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.