Discussion Funny review of 'ancient china romance'

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Vulcan Hajin, Jan 26, 2021.

?

Do you pity more, the FL or the slaves/servants?

1. FL, she doesn't deserve such harsh treatment!! such a gentle goddess

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Servants/slaves, although they are bought.. Oh yes, life for money.

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vulcan Hajin

Vulcan Hajin Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While reading one of those novels, with female lead, super powerful male lead romance novels in ancient china i just remembered quite a few review that were full of justice for 'women rights'.
    Like :
    - What the f*ck! he r*aped her! scum! horrible man! bad novel
    - This scum ML, polygamist! Die!
    - Just some yandere prince forcing himself on our cool FL, so disgusting!
    - etc..
    I just thought.. How come noone ever said anything about the servants? I mean, they are tools to your super good FL, don't joke around saying the 'transmigrated from modern times FL' has a good heart and treats them well. She never gives them freedom until she has them in her palm, or suddenly they get FLed ( FLed = my life is for the female lead,the rest of the world is too disgusting ). FL comes from modern times but can't give the ones helping her freedom? Useless person!!!
    Of course, if someone answers to this that she does treat them well so it doesn't matter giving them freedom.. What those scum ML do with the FL is the same, right? :D. He only wants to 'spoil FL for a lifetime'
    Before, i thought that those review just didn't think things through. In ancient china, expecting gender equality or no classes ( nobility etc..) is a joke. The author of that would be kidding because it's a fact that it was like that..
    But when i pitied those poor servants and slaves.. being 'chased to death' by the superpowerful ML is a blessing. At least you won't be beaten to death, if you made the young master of the residence have a tiny scar on his body.. it won't end with some ' burning passion and being tormented before falling in love'

As such; please pity more the dead slaves than the happy ending masters please. After all, servants have 'women', and 'men' too btw

2. Gin_Hindew

Gin_Hindew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is no point to gender equality in ancient times, because it would mean the women are stuck being "career women" AKA working the fields, which was waaaaay harder than today because they lacked technology, the whole point of male dominance was to have the men do those jobs in exchange for social position
    So there would be a 0.1% of women having a comfy office job and the rest would be screwed
    It would be hilarious to see a novel about that, if the servants are treated cruelly now imagine that and on top be forced to perform heavy labor while still being a peasant at the mercy of the nobility
    It would be like a reverse situation with Im the evil lord of a galactic empire!

3. Dizaster

Dizaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I pity no one.
    1. When you're reading an ancient story, it means the author has imagined a particular story in a society with certain norms which had EXISTED in ancient times. So there's no point arguing over male dominance / slavery / harem setting.
    2. If you consider properly, every single person out there seems pitiful. To me it looks like they are all bound by chains to each other and it looks like the person at the top of the pyramid seems to be the master buf in reality he has his constraints too. In short everyone is pitiful and not pitiful at the same time as they all have their own share of challenges. It's just a matter of whose POV you're viewing the story from.
    3. I really don't like it when a person starts reading a book and rates it low just because there's harem / rape etc. Please look at those tags that often warn you in advance of such scenarios and if you're intolerant of them, LEAVE. No one's forcing you to read. Judge a book solely on its quality and not based on your depiction of what's meant to be. Please appreciate writers and translators hardwork more.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    Kaylee likes this.
  4. linmeili

linmeili Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand what you mean but it's the same in modern times, isn't it? What about the modern CEO novels? Do they care about the 61 million children left behind by their parents who have to work in the city to make money?

No, they don't care. Nor do the heroines transmigrated into ancient China.

Dizaster and omniscient reader like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.