Future of the anime

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by DomDomDom, Nov 6, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    i'd just stick to slice of life or shows for younger audiences, if that stuff *really* starts to bother you. it's not really a new thing, there's plenty of really good, older anime shows that had similar, or worse content, but were still good. if i really had to pick at the difference between now and then, it'd be that instead of decent character/plot development, where such things are simply a part of the everyday (and probably left as mere undertones that are suggested at, till the viewer is "ready"), they just jump right in with shock content and that one event becomes the entire basis of a character's personality from then onwards. simply put, the writing in this past... decade or so is just getting worse and doesn't mentally prepare the viewer for what they see in a decent manner because shock = drama = people talking = must be good.

when i watched school days, i tried to keep my research as minimal as possible. "based on a game, cool. keeps the true ending, great. i'll watch this." after i finished, i spent the next 2 weeks watching aishiteruze baby and usagi drops just to get the depression out of my system, and even then, the scar still remains... i can still say i enjoyed it, as a whole, but even now, that's the only show that's ever really left me feeling completely "crushed". granted, that was also the entire intent. however, it would have also been easily remedied if they didn't use a time skip that completely glossed over important character development. never had that sort of trouble with a show till then, and i even enjoyed shows that were pretty much a bunch of downers (up till i watched that series), such as "welcome to the nhk" or "now and then, here and after". the depressing parts of their stories were just told in a much better manner, where you were left dejected or disappointed, but not depressed or had the experience ruined because of some out of nowhere "plot development".

AMissingLinguist and kenar like this.
  2. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    granbelm is good to watch though the ending was a bit cheesy in my opinion.

3. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the reboot didn't even know it was a reboot until i finished the anime.

I dig a little deeper and it was an originally from a 1996 VN https://vndb.org/v1377 :sweating_profusely:

at the same time there's also the VN reboot https://store.steampowered.com/app/912450/YUNO_A_girl_who_chants_love_at_the_bound_of_this_world/ :blobrofl:

4. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I've heard of both that OP mentioned but know nothing about them and, even before this thread, was not inclined to watch them at all.
    This is why i'm so picky about the "darker" anime that i watch. NO NTR AT ALL though i can handle rape as long as it's not over used, it's done "tastefully" (as in not fetishized) and there's a good contextual reason for it.

Goblin Slayer's a good example. Despite all the QQ, the events in the first episode contextually fit to such a crapsack world and the presence of stereotypical goblins

5. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With NTR, something is bound to be on the rise!

6. Silentstorm

Silentstorm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, my main problem with anime nowadays is that way too many of them are adaptations of novels and manga, and quite a few times, it's stuff i already read and thus don't feel like spending time watching something i already know the plot of.

Ohhh, Netflix made an adaptation of Kengan Ashura, oh wow, i really love that series, it's like Baki only better in my opinion in terms of fights, plot and characters...but i already read the manga, and i hear they cut down on character interactions, characters and even fights so pass on that one.

And it seems to be mostly that to me, i read about upcoming anime and it's either something i don't care about or i already read.

7. wantek

wantek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Speaking of yuno, that remind me of school days,
    they both gives you trauma, even thought that nice boat ending is from a different spectrum^^