Recommendations Gaining a system novels

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by fakhruddins, Sep 28, 2019.

1. fakhruddins

fakhruddins Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know its a weird title but idk how else i would put it. I’m looking for novels where the mc suddenly gets access to a system where he is awarded points for doing a certain tasks by a system then gain skills, allocate those points to certain attributes an so on and so forth. I would prefer if the system is either neutral or at least not evil, as in trying to use him in some way, but alot of these types of novels usually have an ‘evil’ system so i’m fine either way. If you’re still not sure what i’m talking about then here are some examples; The Gamer, Solo Leveling/I Alone Level Up, I am the sorcerer king (although for this one, he’s already op and him and the system are just working together i guess? Haven’t gone far yet) and a few more that i forget the tittles of.
    P.S. If there’s a specific tag/combination of genres to describe what i’m looking for, please tell me since i want to be able to easily get access to more of these types of novels. TY in advance
    P.S.S. The system is only exclusive to mc/mc’s group of friends/MC and Main villain

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  2. Sordahon

Sordahon 『One Person Virtue Is Another One Sin』

Reading List:
    Link
    Check litrpg at RRL.

3. Effugium

Effugium [Investigator], Praise Shigure-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he wants the system to be exclusive to the mc?

4. fakhruddins

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah i forgot about that.

5. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    The Devil’s cage. Not exactly “gaining” a system but mc joins a game. It’s got what you asked for and it’s a good read in my opinion~

6. Silverasterisk

Silverasterisk [Wallflower] [Drive by poster]

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you read The Gamer webcomic?

Haiku575 likes this.
  7. The loner

The loner Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you better try this one:
    Kumo desu ga Nani ka?
    it fits your description (at least you don't mention a human Mc), and imo, it's way better than the example you gave..

Haiku575 likes this.
  8. scribbledoutname

scribbledoutname Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That last line makes this a bit trickier, otherwise I'd have suggested the Level System or Game Elements tag. I'd still suggest browsing through them. It's rare to find a series where the MC is the only one with a system... usually he's just got a cheat ability or cheat knowledge that gives him a leg up.

9. fakhruddins

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk if this makes it easier but what i mean is he got an exclusive. Say everyone has powers, however, he’s the only one that got access to an op system. That’s not to say that everyone else has their own cheat/access to a different system

10. fakhruddins

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, they’re one of my examples

11. Melodious Nocturne

Melodious Nocturne [Dance, water, dance!] [My name is Demyx!]

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Reise

Reise Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try The Experimental Log of the Crazy Lich. It might sound evil but I assure you It is not. MC is a good person and everytime he does a task set by the system he gets point which he can spend. The task given are extremes though either extremely evil or just plain pranks. His backstory is really good too and will explain how his system came to be. I assure you its a good read.

Another one is Worlds’ Apocalypse Online. Its a mixture of Xianxia, Sci-fi and VRMMO. MC is using his system to get stronger to prevent the apocalypse and to save those he cares about. Some people say the first 100-200might seem bland but I enjoy it and I assure you it gets better. especially post 200-300mark.

13. moeforsushi

moeforsushi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if it will be to your taste, but I really like God of Cooking. The first arc is like a Master Chef in the form of a novel, ofc with a focus on the MC and some others. It seems to me that the author knows what he is doing when it comes to the foody stuff, things are realistic enough, most of the time. The one thing that stands out so far, at least in my opinion, is romance in this novel. Very refreshing FL, with some nice interactions and chemistry.

Now, something more standard. Monster Paradise definitely comes with its fair share of problems, but still is above many similar novels.
    It is being translated on QI, so that is that, the stability of updates is all over the place, with translator throwing out a bunch of chapters from time to time with a pattern that I was not able to decipher.

When we are already at the topic of Qi, there are actually some originals that u can try out:

Last Wish System - I remember reading it a few months ago when it was really popular, the first contracted novel on their site iirc. Can't rly tell you much about it, but I remember thinking that it was not that bad for what it was.

Profane Prince of Dominance - a pretty good read if you are into that kind of stuff, lots of "ero stuff", but doest forget to focus on the story. I would say the ratio is close to 50/50 which is pretty good, considering that there is a lot of stuff with a ratio like 90/10, which is basically someone's wet dream, with a sorry excuse of a "story"...

Endless Path: Infinite Cosmos - that is a bit harder to evaluate, so I recommend to see it for yourself. What I will tell you is that the system is pretty interesting and quite unique. It is a harem, and well... if you are not into loli stuff, then u may want to stay away from it. It is pretty well received on Qi, but the author posted it on Royall Road and it got a lot of hate and bad reviews. In most cases, people didn't like that the girls are very young etc, even accusing the author of pedophilia in some extreme cases. Well, I don't agree with them in this regard...

There is a novel called "The Lust System", not to my tastes, but you may give it a try.

I guess that's it... oh, and thank you for mentioning "I Am The Sorcerer King". I am getting to it now...

The loner and Deadly Shadow like this.
  14. tsundere_taichou

tsundere_taichou [Cute Demon Sect]

Reading List:
    Link
    i liked the first 50 alot after that it feels like a different sort of novel tbh

15. Reise

Reise Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its probably because of the atmosphere or the vibes that the two different world gives off. The atmosphere in the other world is tense and gives of the feeling of a true apocalyptic world with all the monsters rampaging and all. His world gives of a sci-fi feel since the technology is so advanced and that modern society strangely feels weird for xianxias. But it gets better especially when the line between both world starts to intersect and apocalypse run rampant in his original world. It reminds me of what I felt when I read Everyone Else is a Returnee where his world gets connected to other worlds and soon strange monsters come pouring out in their world. The two worlds will merge and will then give the same vibes and will remove that weird feeling because of the drastic contrast or the difference between the atmosphere between them.

16. tsundere_taichou

tsundere_taichou [Cute Demon Sect]

Reading List:
    Link
    No its not that part its that it went from mainly "gamesystem" to "cultivation but with cheats lol"

17. Greener

Greener Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some of my recommendation are not a system, but are close.

Cultivation Chat Group
    Black Technology chat group of 10.000 realms
    Red Packed Server
    Red Envelope Group of the Tree Realms
    Monster Factory
    Black Technology Internet Cafe
    The Mech Touch
    I Have a Mansion in the Post Apocalyptic World
    Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear
    My Entire Class Was Summoned to Another World except for Me
    Gourmet in Another World
    Gourmet Food Supplier
    Daddy Fantasy World Restaurant
    Bringing The Farm To Live In Another World

There were also some that I don't remember the names of about a pet shop system and weapons upgrade system.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  18. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
  19. sleepyguy12

sleepyguy12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you know anymore chat group fanfictions/novels? Including untranslated CN ones?

20. Greener

Greener Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is the tag "Chat Rooms" you can search. Other that those, I know one or two not centered on the chat itself.

Relaxed VRMMO Log
    Into The Black (and other fictions by the same author have BBS segments at the end of every arc)
    Hero Union BBS

Can't say I red a lot of untranslated works, because I don't know how to search for them. I always start with something translated and rarely continue it with MTL and possibly read stuf from the same author in the published site.