Misc [Game Creation] Dominance

Discussion in 'Community Games' started by Dragon God, Apr 12, 2017.

?

What do you think of the game?

1. Great idea

2. Good idea

3. Neutral

4. Bad idea

5. Terrible idea

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Dragon God

Dragon God {King of Peasants} {Tanya's Husbando}

Reading List:
    Link
    So I'm trying to create a game, I have a few ideas and would appreciate suggestions.

There are various forms I'm conceiving, but the simplest is a 5 team form.

There are 5 team, A, B, C, D, E
    1. A can attack B, D, E
    2. B, can attack A, C, E
    3. C can attack B, D, E
    4. D can attack A, C, E
    5. E can attack A, B, C, D
    A, B, C, D form a square, with E as the center of that square.

Each team has 3 walls, excluding E which has four.

Each team as a HP for their base as well.
    Once this HP reaches Zero, the team dies.
    Each team also has energy. This energy is used to commission actions. If a team has 0 energy,

For each team, there would be a team captain. The team captain has the right to certain specific actions. They are the only one who had the right to use the team energy. The actions the team captain can do include:
    1. Activate a weapon to attack another team at a cost of one energy.
    2. Commission the construction of a building at a cost of 1 or 2 energy, depending on the building.
    3. Activate a shield for the wall to defend against another team at a cost of 1 energy.
    4. The leader can convert HP to energy at a rate of 1 HP to 2 units of energy.
    5. Hold an execution at a cost of one energy.

Team A - D can spend 3 energy per round. Team E can spend 4 energy per round.

Team A - D start the game with K HP.
    Team E starts the game with X*K HP.
    Team A - F start the game with Y energy.
    Team E starts the game with X*Y energy.

X: X > 1

I'll accept suggestions for X.

Once a game starts, there are rounds. Before the end of each round, each team leader PMs me or another Game Master the actions they decide for that round.

All prospective team members must first register with the Team Leader. The team leaders would be made known.

The team leaders submit me a list of team members, and only they are allowed to participate.

Spies
    Spies are special members who have affiliation with a different team, and try to sneak into another team. Spies can leak information, sabotage buildings, etc.

Each team leader will privately send me a list of members they appoint as spies. It's up to the spy to try and infiltrate the other team.

Spies must send me a PM making clear their affiliation.

It is possible to defect and abandon teams. So taking actions against your own team is possible even if you are not a spy.

Leaders can execute members as well, so spies beware. Each execution costs one energy, and is not dependent on number of members being executed.

For Buildings
    There will be a few types of buildings.
    1. Defensive buildings which may empower the shields, and/or have durability, increasing the HP. There may be different kinds of defense.
    2. Offensive buildings, which serve as weapons and deal different damage, and different types.
    3. Power Plants: Provide energy, at different rates.
    Each team starts with basic buildings of each kind.
    Once a building has been commissioned, the members of that team can complete the building one post per point a La the Construction Game invented by @trap.

Each spy carries a suicide bomb. This bomb can be used to sabotage buildings. They do a certain fixed damage K to the building.

Core Members:
    Core members are special members who cannot sabotage their team, defect, or erstwhile change alliances. Core members have a chance of becoming a team leader. In fact, the team leader is elected from among the core members by them.

Core members, are permanent though. Once you register as a core member, you must always play for that team. You become a permanent player for the team.

Registration as a core member will be in team threads.

An hierachial relationship may be formed for a particular season with consent of the GMs, so even if the team leader or Vice leader is not present, the team can function.

Round
    Each round may last in 10-11 hour cycles with 2 - 4 hour breaks between them, in which I or another GM will narrate what happened.

The length of a round may be shortened if we have enough GMs, it may also be prolonged if we have too few.

There will be a GM PM, which would allow the GMs to coordinate actions.

I accept suggestions for the game.

The different teams may have their name changed.

Rules are still in the works.

Monetary rewards may or may not be implemented. The GMs will decide.

EDITS
    Other teams won't know the internal workings of a team, their buildings how much energy they have etc. They might gain this information through spies though. The team members would know. I'm not sure how to implement this, and would just scratch it if it's unfeasible.

Each member has a maximum number of posts n they can make per round.
    Of course, suicide bombing and escaping count as part of the posts.​

Defectors must first PM me that they want to defect. They can PM the team they want to defect to, or choose to become rougue players. You CANNOT take actions against your team without first informing the GMs about your decision to do so.

The length of the round depends on the number of GMs available.

The team gets 2f energy points for every spy executed. Conversely, a team loses f/2 energy points for every non spy regular mamber executed, and f energy points for every core member executed.

It is possible to trade energy between teams. This must be done with GM consent. Teams can also sell completed buildings amongst each other. Again with GM consent. Trading information offers no guarantee to the veracity of the information. Trades are secret, and if a trade occurs it wouldn't be made public. Work will be done to determine how we'll keep this secret. The team members would know they sold it though, as the building disappears.

Application to be a permanent member requires approval from the prospective team.

Any person who tries to dupe the system e.g cheating as a permanent member, sabotaging without first changing your status, etc if caught would receive a ban ranging from a few seasons to a life long ban. The person who gave definitive evidence of their cheating, may receive a bounty. If GMs cheat, they will be reported.

The game sounds so fun I would most likely resign as GM after we have a competent GM team, well fleshed out rules, and a season or more has been played. I may choose to become a free member, or choose to become a permanent member.

Every member that wants to play must have above 100 posts, and been a member for over a month. This is to prevent dupes. Any dupe caught will face disciplinary action along with their owner.

Additional Spy Roles
    Bomber/Saboteur: Can plant bombs inside buildings that will deal j damage. Has a 75% chance of success, and a 50% chance of getting caught.

Assasin: Can assassinate other members, with the following probabilities.
    1. Regular Member: 75% chance of success and 25% chance of getting caught.
    2. Core Members: 50% chance if success and 50% chance of getting caught.
    3. Team Leader/Acting Team Leader: 25% chance of success Vs 75% chance of getting caught.
    Suicide Bomber: Has a bomb that deals g*j damage to buildings. Can target individual members normally, excluding the leader with a 100% probability. Exception is if the suicide bomber is a council member. They can elect to blow up the bomb at the council. Each council member has a 66.7% probability of death.

Every spy has only one role. The role is randomly assigned to all non core players. It gets 'activated', when they elect to become a spy.

If a member dies in a round due to spy action, any action they take is voided. Thus if you successfully kill the leader, the team is paralysed for that round (Acting leader takes over the next round).

Council
    The council is a 5 man team.
    The number of council members that need to vote to support an action, varies.
    1. For defensive actions, at least 3 council members must agree.
    2. For attacking, at least 4 council members must agree.
    3. For use of "Super Weapons", ALL 5 council members must agree.
    4. For execution, only 1 council member needs to agree.
    5. If all 5 council members agree, a motion can be raised to impeach the Leader. The Core members will vote, and a decisive majority (at least two-thirds is sufficient to impeach the leader and replace with the vice leader or another core member).
    Council members are elected for a tenure, that lasts between 3 to 7 rounds.
    If council members are killed, an election will be held to replace them. If a core member was killed, their replacement must be a core member (unless all core members are dead). If a regular member was killed, their replacement must also be a regular member unless again all regular members are dead.

A team who has less than 6 members (thus no council) automatically loses that round.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  2. MrLLama

MrLLama Just a Fancy Llama.

Reading List:
    Link
    This would be "fun" to code.

Zone Q11 likes this.
  3. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    ....I dont really see how spies will be effective. Just accept only core members and you wont have any problems. In fact, I'm not even sure why a team even needs all that many members in the first place

GamingIce likes this.
  4. Dragon God

Reading List:
    Link
    Discussion outside the thread in dedicated PMs will be allowed, and spied can leak and betray information.

Meta gaming will be allowed, as I plan to make this as realistic as possible.

In order to successfully escape after defection (e.g if you suspect your team leader might be on to you), you must first flee the team.

Fleeing can only be done through a gate when the shield isn't up.

You can also only enter another team through a gate when their shield is down.

If you spend more than one round outside a team, you'll die.

If your team submitted an open gate, you can flee through that gate, but your destination team must have submitted an open gate as well. You can only flee to teams that your team could attack.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  5. Dragon God

Reading List:
    Link
    Core member commitment means you can only ever play for the team forever.

I will actually make it compulsory, to accept non core members among the teams.

What ratio of core to non core do you think would be good to enforce?

6. Knowledge is power

Knowledge is power [Wise owl][Sweet Lover]

Reading List:
    Link
    How many people in a team though?

7. Dragon God

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it'll need coding. We'll run it the same way we run resistance/mafia.

8. xlfighter

xlfighter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What are the requirments to get team E and whats are the disadvantages cuz as i see it, E would be a paytowin team and also very unfair to the game,unless there is a delay for the E team after every attack thus,it would be a little more fair while keeping it pay to win feature

Dragon God likes this.
  9. Dragon God

Reading List:
    Link
    It hasn't yet been decided, but there'll be a limit I guess.

@Arcturus do you think it'll be an interesting idea to make it such that the team leader can gain f energy units per member executed.

The team members are the ones who build the buildings the leader commissions.

Each member has a Max number n of posts per round.

How many do you think I should make it?

10. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still unsure what the point is of having multiple members besides the possibility of spies. Having more people on your team seems to be a detriment that anything else

GamingIce likes this.
  11. Dragon God

Reading List:
    Link
    E can be bullied by all the other teams.

I will Nerf it if it's perceived as unfair. I thought it would be unfair for E being able to be gang banged by all four teams.

12. xlfighter

Reading List:
    Link
    This is also a very great idea for a game and if it could be done in a 3d platform kinda like roblox or gmod first to test out the mecanics we can then later try to implement an automatic system for the option of telling th gm the role you have chosen and who you are affliated with.

Dragon God likes this.
  13. Dragon God

Reading List:
    Link

14. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know about this... I need to re-read the rules again...

15. trap

trap 红烧排骨

Reading List:
    Link
    One thing I will bring up, is that by the looks of it, this would be a very large game.

There's a certain point where the game becomes so large it becomes difficult to fill/recruit people.

And attracting people to a game is really a function of how enticing and interesting it seems to be. The more complicated the game, the more barriers there are to entry, because generally speaking most Nuffians don't want to spend a lot of time thinking about the rules and optimal strategy. Mafia/Resistance is kind of an exception because it's a game of deceit where your individual actions matter a lot.

Dragon God likes this.
  16. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    Per member executed? that doesn't make any sense. No, you have to have a use for team members. How about this:
    More members=More energy
    Building and attacking also has to be done by members. So you can only spend X energy points on building/attacking for every member you have (some yet to be named ratio). This will also include the core members and team leader as well.

17. xlfighter

Reading List:
    Link
    The rounds are also too long, you should keep. It between 15-30 mins.While i dont get why others think its a bad idea, i find it to be a great idea,just needing a little cleanup around the edges.

18. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems way too complicated... I think you'd need to at the very least make the rules easier to understand. And more concise if possible.
    Different timezones means you need more time, not everyone can be online at the same time.

Dragon God likes this.
  19. xlfighter

Reading List:
    Link
    Well i think its should limitted to a certain number, as some groups will be lacking members.

20. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm, and I think it makes sense to require active participation of the members in order for action to occur. i think this should also be true for attacking as well. This is another way a spy could hurt the team by "forgetting" to attack an opposing team