Discussion Game element novel ranking/experience

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by rijimon17, May 14, 2019.

Tags:
?

What translations do game element novels best

1. Japanese

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. Chinese

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  3. Korean

31 vote(s)
    79.5%
  4. Thailand

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  5. Other (I'll try to post them on free time)

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rijimon17

rijimon17 Hope you can read the words

Reading List:
    Link
    I happen to really like novels with game elements/statuses in them. From my personal experience in reading them I have a very general idea on CN, JP, and KR novels

JP: if you want novels that tend to be slice of life. Main character tends to have an unusual/unique job or skill. Action tends to be slow.

CN: action is pretty consistent. MC is constantly trash no matter what they do (in the eyes of young master 1, 2 etc.). If author says having something is impossible you can almost guarantee that theres a super team/guild that treats it like pebbles (ROTW anyone?). If author says that reaching a certain level is near impossible you can almost guarantee that some group treats that level as the minimum. MC has dark past and is hellbent on revenge.

KR (my personal favourite): MC gets put into a game/game world where they see there status and proceeds to train there skills and resistances to a near masochistic level so they can survive when it really count.

2. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably Korean since it seems more of them have experience in games and have some understanding of a game system. At the very least from the Korean novels I read, the game system seems to last close to the end. With many JP and CN novels, the game system is only a thing in early chapters and midway they either forget about it or it's a total mess. Many of the systems aren't thought out long term either.

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  3. Asdq

Asdq RSS FEED SECT! I WANT YOU FOR THE RSS ARMY!

Reading List:
    Link
    My theory is, the reason that koreans novels are good is because all male koreans has obrigatory military service. So, koreans!

Toralk likes this.
  4. grish99

grish99 [Pelican Hater] [Hater of Face-Slapping]

Reading List:
    Link
    you forgot the part in korean novel when they get a mandatory necromancer class the game world get teleported to MC and hes poor and must make money for his little sister and sick parents/grandparents

5. Blankdom

Blankdom Unknown

Reading List:
    Link
    .... I believe some of the western litrpgs are the best, cuz at least they have a semblance of balance. Most Korean ones I've read, inflate the MC too much, and the writing is rather poor.

Two examples, Ark and LMS.
    In Ark, near the end, the MC is railroaded way too heavily.
    For LMS, if you read it, you'll know how weird the 'hours' are, as with how high the MC's 'pedestal' is.

Fallion likes this.
  6. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    edited:
    When it comes to novels with game elements, it got to be KR as they simply fantastic in that field, like (Solo leveling, the gamer, etc...)
    JP and CN novels are good too except, for some reason aside from some excellent works (like Quanzhi Gaoshou for example or log horizon or even Overlord, etc...) , lines like these in them makes me cringe "it is an OP skill, like a cheat", "those stats are cheating, too much of a cheat", it is like the word "cheat" is part of the novel or something, or maybe the MC can't survive unless they cheat to survive,

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2019
    nightcore34 likes this.
  7. Effugium

Effugium [Investigator], Praise Shigure-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think quanzhi gaoshou is korean?

8. nightcore34

nightcore34 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Korean --> Japanese. Chinese, I don't think I've actually read one with game elements.

Only issue with Korean novels with game elements, is that the MC is constantly having to take on the 'breadwinner' role for their family (at least in ones I've read).

Solo leveling, Seoul Station's Necromancer, LMS, The Returner. Etc. Why are they always so poor?

9. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    You are right, sorry, just wanted to mention it but wrong placement, my bad :blobsweat_2:

10. JadeWhiteSkin

JadeWhiteSkin please rescue~

Reading List:
    Link
    Korean, because Overgeared.

11. Ruyue

Ruyue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kn, just because?

12. XXXXX

XXXXX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    they are poor for plot motivation, the mc can go like GOTTA GO SUPER SAIYAN SO MY FAMILY CAN EAT GOOD FOOD...
    its just easy plot to give more motivation for earning money/getting stronger... if some guy is super rich he won't risk his life to earn money

13. nightcore34

nightcore34 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I suppose that's true, nothing like starvation or debt to put your butt in gear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.