Discussion Game Funding

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Ai chan, Feb 22, 2019.

?

Which one of these titles would you be interested in funding?

1. Calamity & Slaughter

21.9%
  2. Seven Years of Hope

15.6%
  3. Big Sister Is My Bitch

46.9%
  4. The Unbroken Gauntlet: Skydrop Command

15.6%
  1. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    As some of you know, Ai-chan is making visual novels. The novels are:

1) Calamity & Slaughter (probably will write a story about it to create hype, the discussion thread is here)
    - Set in a world where God has left and demons roam freely, this is a tale of the struggles of two girls. One a former princess, the cause of the demon's existence in the world. The other an orphan, whose parents died to buy time for them to escape. Together, they fight to close the seven demon gates and bring peace to the human world once again. And perhaps find a way to stop the princess's execution.

2) Seven Years of Hope (you can read the novelization here)
    - Set in a world that is fast approaching its doom, this is a desperate tale of a priestess who travels back in time seven years in the past to undo the doom of their world. Along the way, she meets loved ones, friends and enemies whose deaths she once saw first-hand, but now again alive as if the deaths she saw was nothing but a dream. But she couldn't possibly have known that the real doom of her world was different from the one she saw in the future. Will she succeed where even the gods failed to stop the end of her world?

3) Big Sister Is My Bitch (the discussion over it can be read here)
    - A collection of scenarios where you play as either the boy trying to break his older sister and turn her into his meat toilet or where you play as the girl trying to stop the boy from succeeding or to help him so that you can get those juicy juicy CGs. It works similar to a dating game, but it's not just one story, players can also create their own stories and then share them with each other. Well, at least that's the plan.

There is another game that Ai-chan is designing, The Unbroken Gauntlet: Skydrop Command (not visual novel) but unfortunately, Ai-chan doesn't have the time to work on it, and will probably hand the title over to a friend to develop.

Unfortunately, money is the biggest issue. Ai-chan can't drop everything to work on these games. So the progress has been slow. Then there's also the problem with art. Ai-chan will need to hire actual artists to draw the art, and that also takes money. By Ai-chan's estimate, the first year for Seven Years of Hope alone will cost around USD6,000-USD7,000.

So far, very few visual novels managed to reach their funding goals, and visual novel funding is about as dead as a squirrel being shot dead with scattershot rounds five times. Supposedly, most of the reason was because it's not fun, but the second most common reason is that nobody knew about the crowdfunding.

Now Ai-chan's question:
    1) If Ai-chan makes crowdfund of any of these titles, will you pledge?
    2) If Ai-chan crowdfunds for any of these titles, will you spread the news?
    3) How can Ai-chan advertise the crowdfunding?

Please take note that Ai-chan won't crowdfund right away, Ai-chan will need to make a working demo first. However, the crowdfund is certain, because the art alone would bankrupt Ai-chan. Do you have any question for Ai-chan?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  2. tyes77

tyes77 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who is Ai-chan?

Silver Snake, RANTMAN and strayCat0 like this.
  3. SugarImmortal

SugarImmortal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd throw in a few dollars, sure. As for spreading the word... I would only do that if it seemed like something really good.

As for advertising it, I really don't know. Order a Big Man Tyrone video? :d

Ai chan likes this.
  4. SquirFail

SquirFail The One Who Forgets, Dreamer, Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    any of them is fine just not the 3rd one for me,

strayCat0 and Ai chan like this.
  5. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmm
    imo only ero VN can survive crowd founding or some really popular cat
    although nekopara anime not really VN but cuz nekopara is really popular among cat and purrvert it quite success on crowd founding

now
    how popular are you on VN circle? it quite important since if you popular some cat may help you~

another approach is make some less long VN just to make your name known (I recommend ero cuz I think pervert may want to pay just look at patreon on pervert side lul)

since I never play VN and have almost zero interest toward it (I only collect CG's)~ can't help you beside this post~

Ai chan likes this.
  6. Koruya

Koruya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If i even be interested in F-MC, they yes, i would give you my money, but for now, it's just looks interesting.

Ai chan likes this.
  7. MrAconter

MrAconter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1) Point 1 would depend on the Quality of the Product and would have to be accompanied by some kind of proof of Concept.
    2) To spread the news would need some Compiled media of the said title, and depend on the Quality
    3) Here on NU or other forums would be a good start, also some kind of a Demo or at least a Video of actual game footage would proof useful to spread the word.

Ai chan likes this.
  8. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    But the third game is winning the poll lol:blobpeek:

Yeah, Ai-chan will of course have to make the demo first before Ai-chan can go on crowdfunding. So you won't be expected to crowdfund blindly.

Is there any particular site where VN makers crowd in?

9. SquirFail

SquirFail The One Who Forgets, Dreamer, Observer

Reading List:
    Link

Ai chan likes this.
  10. koddychi

koddychi [RPG slayer] [Great Sage] [Dao of Cuteness]

Reading List:
    Link
    Will there be RPG elements on the games? Or is it a pure Visual Novel?

Ai chan likes this.
  11. Crownking

Crownking King of quark star

Reading List:
    Link
    None
    Because all the stories are generic,
    And there will be some trust issue as we don't know any of you're completed project.

tyes77 and RANTMAN like this.
  12. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't care about the synopsis or the plot, but if the game promise the "Slaughter" part of the title, then I might consider it.

Ai chan likes this.
  13. Mighty Action X

Mighty Action X Mighty and Invincible

Reading List:
    Link
    If I have money, I will surely fund the creation of Golden Sun 4.

Ddraig likes this.
  14. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    too bad idk where is it
    I only use similar situation to make assumption
    game have game community (lok forum for pervert most based on flash game)
    movie, novel and such
    you can try ask your friend tho
    on Japan VN quite popular no? and you know Japanese language so I guess try there

hmmm if vnbd (that site which indexing VN) have forum you may try there

Ai chan likes this.
  15. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    There will be RPG elements in Calamity & Slaughter as you take on missions to fight demons, you will eventually become strong enough to fight higher ranked demons with your allies (several of them are actually secretly on the demons side). You will definitely be fighting demons of general or duke level and their minions when you close the gates. Both Incisrei Noa Harkeid (Princess of Calamity) and Alreya Chillrend (Maiden of Slaughter) will have their own skill trees. Incisrei Noa has Holy and Fire skill trees that you can choose to level up similar to Diablo 2 style, though the battles won't be similar. Aleya Chillrend has Lightning and Ice skill tree.

Seven Years of Hope has variables which add or substract and flags that determine the results of your every actions. As for traditional RPG elements, there is none. You play the game as if it's a storybook, but with your every choice giving you different outcomes and your choice of allies can have benefits or issues in different situations.

Big Sister Is My Bitch has the common dating sim stats. If you're thinking of Strength, Agility and similar stats, I'm sorry but there will be none here. The stats you have will be charm, money, and affection, alongside some minor stats. The only way it's different from other dating sims is that your goal is to break various nee-chans and its focus is on nee-chans only.

The Unbroken Gauntlet is a real time strategy game.

Yes, there will be slaughter. As either Incisrei Noa or Alreya Chillrend, you kill thousands of demons as per your mission. As Alreya Chillrend, you eventually start getting the urge to slaughter the nobles and priests for Incisrei. Eventually, you can slaughter anyone as you wish, not just demons, earning you the title of Maiden of Slaughter. Also, as Alreya Chillrend, almost all your magic skills (Ice and Lighting) are AoE so there would be a lot of collateral damage or 'collateral damage'. In the final chapter, you can decide to slaughter the soldiers and nobles to save Incisrei from being burned at the stake or let her die following the decided punishment.

I'm pretty sure every story is generic now. Brian Sanderson? Yeah apart from his own created monsters and his mist magic, his story is generic too.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  16. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    this ^^^^^^ but with an additional condition of only peeps who actually care about the series making it

17. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    vnovel? no~

strategy? god yes (try empires apart)

Ai chan likes this.
  18. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    There are several crowdfund sites which you could use, but would you make it so that you fund one tier, you fund them all, or you maybe put separate amounts for several tiers for each game eg. 5 $ for 1) , 6$ for 2), 7$ for 3) or similarly?

19. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    Ai-chan doesn't want to be too much of a miser. Ai-chan plans to have all pledges able to get the full game copy if they pledge, with each tier getting different side gifts. But Ai-chan wonders if it's necessary to put a lowest amount for those who only want to give token support and aren't planning on playing the full game.

20. tyes77

tyes77 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why does Ai-chan speak in third person?
    Why did you speak first person here?