LCD Gamers of the Underworld

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Sep 30, 2019.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/gamers-of-the-underworld/

C1: If his dungeon was so cheap and totally unprotected prior to him buying it, then why didn't anyone steal/buy it to upgrade their own cores? Or can it not be used that way at level 1?

With only one class, they should have called it an Alpha ;)

C2: I really want to know how the VR capsules issue was handled by the core...

C3: I'm curious what the death penalty will be. I doubt re-summoning them is completely free after all.

C11: I wonder how they'll convince the fairy to cooperate, and if she'll start giving the gamers her own missions. Like maybe, missions to get her free of the dungeon ;)

C12: Couldn't they just make the pickaxes entirely out of diamond? Sure, wood would be easier to use, but its not an absolute requirement.

Astaroth and Ner0 like this.
  2. Ner0

Ner0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like how you think about the logic of the story.
    The webnovel was clearly written for pure entertainment, so there'll inevitably be loopholes and plotholes.
    I'm still impressed by your habit of trying to find out more about the world behind what's shown.
    I'll definitely keep you in mind if I want a review on my own story ^^

Wujigege likes this.
  3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't recommend a review from me ;) I usually only write them when I stop reading a series, which means that they're normally very negative.

Wujigege and Ophis_Trihexa like this.
  4. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    C1 They need dungeon cores to upgrade their own dungeons. And his particular dungeon seems to be pretty far from any other dungeons, as i'm now 100+ chapters in MTL raws in, and there has been no mentions of other nearby dungeons, only 'local monsters' so to speak.

C3. Two types. If the body is brought back, it can be healed, and the soul can quickly be returned to inhabit the now pristine corpse.
    If the body isn't brought back, or too destroyed to be healed, they can remake a new body, but it'll cost some reputation and all the items they had on them, if someone doesn't bring it back.

5. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe its a game made by todd howard.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Once he's come to grips with how little the gamers care about dying, I wonder if he'll just have them fight each other to death instead of using the spider.

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, I would at least have found out how much ore was needed for the alchemy and teleportation platforms. He's got the fairy for the one, and he's going to need the other regardless at some point. If they don't require much, then there'd be no harm in setting that amount aside for the future. At worst, it would become an emergency fund.

lol, the walls are made of loot boxes ;)

He should really research the price of the ore before the merchants get there. They'll almost certainly try to rip him off.

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    lol. Such an evil scheme. Bru has learned too well from Eastern MMOs ;)

9. Sosseres

Sosseres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Of a mixed mind that it is turning into an MMO game designer story told from its avatar. I really liked the premise of a story told from the inhabitants of a real MMO world. It still is that story on paper but a lot of the focus being on the forum recently detracts from the strongest part.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C25: Sherlock should let the gamers know what goals need to be accomplished for the dungeon to upgrade. They'd probably be very proactive if they understood what such an upgrade meant for them, or even if they didn't know really.

He should also consider hiring someone to teach healing skills rather than just hiring a healer. The workload will only get larger, and letting the players take on the lion's share of the work would be best in the long run. Plus, he can start charging for healing services once there's a healing trainer in order to discourage players from coming to him for healing services.

C26: That merchant is going to sorely regret his thoughts when signing that contract later ;)

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    lol. Sherlock is such a profiteer XD

I wonder why none of the gamers sold him out during that scam?

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how they plan to enforce the reputation level requirement on the equipment. Or is that strictly for purchase and not for use?

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    lol. Love Bru's diplomatic handling of Sherlock's self-description ;)

I don't think the gladiator plan is very good. When the gamers would start winning is simply too unpredictable. And even when they did start winning, there's no way to be sure that their tactics could be adapted to new opponents. Meaning that after they win (thus killing the opponent they learned about), they'd be right back at square one, losing again. It feels like a very high risk, low reward proposition. Worse, it runs the risk of letting people find out about his goblins and what makes them special.

Of course, if he wanted to open up the gladiator fights to them, and then tax their winnings, that might actually be a good idea. The wins wouldn't be as lucrative, but the losses wouldn't cost him anything. Though it still runs the risk of exposing his secrets.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C41: I'm surprised that they're not talking about charging for this equipment binding service.

"D*mn! So you're Cramer!" lol.

C42:I get the feeling that the author is a Lion King fan...

C43: So, they have to buy the equipment with reputation points in order for it to be auctioned? Then who's reputation points are being used, and how are they being compensated since they're not actually getting the gear they'll have just paid for?

C44: That doesn't really sound like something he'd be interested in.

I wonder why he still hasn't paid her. He's planning to hire her later, right? Having a poor reputation with her will just make that harder.

C45: It's not really a hidden mission if its announced on the website...

C46: So, what happened to them needing to pay with reputation points for the equipment?

I wonder if his design decisions will be influenced by that game, and if he'll get sued as a result ;)

15. DarkD

DarkD Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I LOVE this series. That "So you're Cramer" line had me laughing till tears came out.

For future speculation though, it would be really cool if we had a portion where the gamers realize they're being scammed by Sherlock with metal coins and confront him over it. They however don't realize that it's not a game. They think it's the biggest game troll in the history of gaming and fall in love with it.

Because I do think this novel needs to come full circle and reveal everything at some point. Maybe way in the future so I have lots of chaps to read and reread.

16. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anything good about this novel? I find the gaming genre completely fleshed out. They really have nothing new to offer anymore, sometimes Isekai and VRMMO genre seems like the same coz' the latter barely mention IRL happenings.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    This is basically a "what if the game was a real world" scenario told from the perspective of the NPCs who are scamming the gamers using various free-to-play MMO tactics. Its a comedy and can be quite funny at times, but I'm still not certain I could recommend it without reservations, especially if you're not familiar with F2P MMOs, or hate them with a passion.

Bachingchung likes this.
  18. DarkD

DarkD Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am all too familiar with VR fatigue, but this novel doesn't have it. It's a completely unique take on the old favorite. And unlike normal VR novels, there's no real life nonsense where we're dragged through some badly written immersion breaking real world. The entire story is told from the perspective of the protagonist Demon Lord which is what we're here for.

I wrote a review on this story and like I said, I am normally a very negative reviewer. The only reason I can think of to 1-star this fiction is if the reviewer's personal tastes just didn't line up with what the fiction was offering. I've read a LOT of these RRL and Asian fictions so I am all too familiar with cliche fatigue. This novel doesn't have cliche fatigue.

The translation is a little off, but only in the way of calling "kobolds" -> "Hound-headed men" and other minor errors. Honestly, I enjoyed the alternative name. I didn't even realize it was a mistake until I read the comments.

19. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh only 47 chapters available. There are still a lot of room to stray back to repetitive plots and jokes. I guess I'll wait this out.