Discussion GANTZ manga storyline

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by EricBannen, Mar 25, 2018.

?

Who is real in the story??

1. Those stored inside the machine as data

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. Those who did not die

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The clones are as real as the real one

9 vote(s)
    64.3%
  4. The very first body incarnation

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. EricBannen

EricBannen √[To Read or Not to Read]

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone tell me how the storyline progresses...
    I know it's
    the MC has a clone of himself obtained by the idol girl... So, how does it happen and is he as real as the real one??? What happens in the end ??? Are all the monsters destroyed??? Does the MC get back to the real world??? What happens to the idol girl???

2. jimmy1989

jimmy1989 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If your reading the manga read till the end you'll find out. And idol girl reika? From what I remember instead of being set free revives a second kuronu kei. Memories of that kurono kei is from the day he died in the temple I believe ain't read it for years so could be wrong but yeah read the manga if you can find it.

3. trickshot121

trickshot121 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reika pretty much asked gantz for her own copy of kurono since she realized he's too into tae and resigned herself to her selfish wish since she realized gantz could accomplish almost anything. Her kurono was pretty much confused at first since he was still of the same template that loved tae, but later also consigned himself to start caring for reika, albeit half heartedly, while telling himself that his other self would take care of tae

Astaroth, EricBannen and jimmy1989 like this.
  4. ABMAINA

ABMAINA ★☆☆☆☆

Reading List:
    Link
    So they got transferred to the last Gantz mission which took place in Italy in which the old man died, after the mission seemingly failed Gantz stopped operating singling the doomsday timer almost being over. Everyone leaves but Reika returns forgetting something only to see the person inside gantz come out, he asks her who she wanted to revive and at first she was gonna pick the old man but her creepy love for kurono took over and she went for a kurono revival while kurono was already alive. They meet the OP alien creators of the gantz technology who tell them that ultimately god doesn't existexist ne does heaven or hell, to demonstrate the futileness(?)of life they revive reika (who died sacrificing herself for clone kurono) and some other chars who died only to kill them seconds later which enrages clone kurono who attacks them and they kill him too. The alien civilization that were the strongest end up being spared after original kurono listens to his gf and he and katou return back home and it ends like that.

I recently did a re read so some details are in my head still

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    Astaroth, EricBannen and jimmy1989 like this.
  5. c0debreaker6

c0debreaker6 A MANLY Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Kurono (clone) wanted to swap for Kei's place since he wants to be with Tae (gf) but Kei simply told him to be with Reika (idol) since he knew how much she's infatuated with him.
    Many things happened so I'll just summarize it.
    The aliens invaded, then Tae got captured so Kei went to the rescue, while the clone went with the Attack force who went inside the spaceship along with Reika. There they met many aliens who are very powerful while covering for the escaping humans. Then one by one the squad got eliminated then it came to the end where Kurono (clone) got very wounded he can't fight anymore, that's when Reika sacrificed her life to destroy those aliens.
    Fast forward, the Attack Force met a Higher Entity who told them there's no God, it then ressurected all the girls that Kurono loved ( the first girl, Angelina Jolie look alike, and Reika) but killed them that instant. In a fit of rage, Kurono attacked, but he was blown to smithereens.
    While all of that was happening, the real Kurono managed to rescue Tae, however, the commander of the alien force challenged him for a fight in which he won by blasting the head of the commander by Kaioken. Then it went happily ever after.
    Whoooo.... that sure was long

EricBannen likes this.
  6. jimmy1989

jimmy1989 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought kei fought in the end against the final alien boss guy and wins and mothership self destructs and he lands on earth? Might have to reread too that manga was sick and lived it just been watching like gantz 0 and live action of it :)

ABMAINA likes this.
  7. EricBannen

Reading List:
    Link
    But Reika and others in the game died right??
    Thanks a lot for your time... I greatly appreciate it...
    Actually while reading the manga I got so dizzy with all the gore that I stopped reading it >_<

8. SirPinha

SirPinha #Vaporwave

Reading List:
    Link
    The only thing you need to know is... that ending was bad... realy bad..
    It was one of the worst endings I've ever seen in my life...

Wich is sad... cuz the whole manga was amazing... but that fucking ending!

trickshot121 likes this.
  9. ABMAINA

ABMAINA ★☆☆☆☆

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah I got it wrong, nishi (the middleschooler) wanted to blow up the mothership but, kurono who at first didn't mind went against it after tae was against it too afterwards the tower blows up and the last soldier from the aliens side self destructs the ship

jimmy1989 likes this.
  10. ABMAINA

ABMAINA ★☆☆☆☆

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty much everyone in the core team except original kurono, katou and muscle rider and the little kid dies (can't remember if anyone else survives from that group)

11. EricBannen

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah I see

12. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    It was during the time's end period, when the giant aliens came down in their big ships. All the Gantz balls stopped working just as when Reika had enough points to revive some of the others who died and they all left the apartment. Reika went back and met with the guy inside the ball, who said he could revive one person of Reika's choosing. Instead of reviving the uncle, Reika chose to revive Kurono (who was actually still alive). Gantz, not having the information about who's dead or alive, just cloned Kurono from the database as Reika wished. So there were two Kurono. Of course he's real, even the other Kurono was just a clone. When they got transported, their information is copied into the system. When they die and get revived, their last information was cloned. The original remained dead.

In the end, the psychotic kid had the mecha fight he wanted. The monsters were defeated and they met 'god' who gave them the Gantz technology in the first place.

EricBannen likes this.
  13. Ranz

Ranz 『Legend Death』『Necromancer』『Pokemon Master』

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly the ending of this manga sucked a lot for me.
    I loved the manga until the part where all the Gantz balls stopped working and kurono got cloned. *sigh*

14. Ryss

Ryss ... a small emanon...

Reading List:
    Link
    The ending.. *sight* let's put it like that- somehow like it was cut off (in my opinion)

15. Ryss

Ryss ... a small emanon...

Reading List:
    Link
    I liked the part where they stopped working cuz that meant that the cheat was lost