LCD Gate of Apocalypse

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Nefasdetestasti

Nefasdetestasti ❄️Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ's Sᴏɴɢ❄️ ||| [Schrödinger Pantsu]

Reading List:
    Link
    REEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
    what mystery towards shen's OPness!

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  2. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm guessing he might've been more OP as time went on. From how they (Tian Lie & Hossein) were talking about it it seems that it happened several years back.

3. Nefasdetestasti

Nefasdetestasti ❄️Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ's Sᴏɴɢ❄️ ||| [Schrödinger Pantsu]

Reading List:
    Link
    obviously.

4. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    The man standing before Chen Xiaolian wore a military uniform and held an M4 automatic rifle in his hand. He was none other than the former leading figure of Blade Mountain Flame Sea Guild, one of the resident guilds of Zero City, Bluesea.

Ooh. Pre-Awakened versions! Knowing there are at least four people, Father-in-Law should be there too.

5. StaticHD

StaticHD Supreme Novel Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems Bluesea will lead Chen Xiaolian to the person he's tying to resurrect. If not, then I don't know how things are going to go his favor. Time is of essence.

Also, when he's brought back to life, does he need to just hold their hands and it'll be like teleportation/instant-transmission? Can't wait to see what kinds of ideas the author has up his sleeves.

6. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Alrighty.... I'm not really asking for spoilers, I just wana know if this is worth continuing to read. I've read until chapter 350ish(fight in the the penalty dungeon, right after MC hands over the base to the GM) and the plot is feeling more and more forced.

I was really enjoying the novel. I like the premise behind it, so I don't mind a few forced plot devices. But the more I read, the more instances of poorly written or forced plot lines. Honestly throughout the whole instance, the MC has been making rather stupid choices from the get go and doesn't seem to be getting more so...

So I figured I would take a break and ask if more of the same is in store before I read further. Thanks in advance!

7. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    He's more of "F*ck it I'll slice you with my hax power!" lately. Well there hasn't been anything on the puzzle level of the mausoleum and London instance but more of "boss raids"

8. Dydreamr

Dydreamr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As of latest he’s lost his powers so it’s back to him figuring things out again.

9. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    He'll probably get Skyblade power back when he revives.

10. StaticHD

StaticHD Supreme Novel Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like we don't know enough about the player's circumstances. When they die in the game world, do they also die in their real world? What are the stakes?

When NPCs, Users, and Irregularities die, there are true consequences. Memories are replaced, reset, or they are completely destroyed.

From what we know, Players can experience death in the "digital" world, but probably continue to live on in their world. If that is the case, if the Players find that it's becoming too difficult to defeat these A.I. NPCs then what's stopping them from doing a mass deletion? A complete overdrive wipe out.

Why go through all this trouble to defeat an unstoppable growing virus?

It's like me playing Grand Theft Auto or Detroit: Being Human ....to what ends and means would I go through to try to defeat a neutral boss that does not want to die? A Boss that seems to never die and always provoking enough to take over your whole game?

Would I still want to continue playing a game that has a "real" simulated life? A game that could be a future threat if it manages to enter the real world?

Am I morally correct to erase a game that contains A.I. lifeforms with their own simulated reality and emotional consciousness?

Does that make me a villain? Is it worth making ruthless choices to remain at the top of the Food chain? Have any of the NPCs managed to enter the "Player's World."

I need the author to move on with his/her story.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  11. Dydreamr

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, or maybe something else. I think the author has given us enough allusions to him getting the sword in the stone back in the recycle bin.

12. Desean101

Desean101 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    getting that sword back would be amazing because we never got the chance to see it fully unlocked

Shield Loyalist and Dydreamr like this.
  13. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    So the sword appears. Xiaolian should tell Sister Yun that the sword is his so that he can use the regeneration skill and Sunlight Purification that Sebast into nothingness.

14. Terepi

Terepi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, So I just started Re-reading, and can someone remind me, why do they need a Storage Watch? Doesn't the System hold stuff for them, like the Bone Crusher Axe, Healing Beast Blood, The Beginner Sword, Pet Souls, etc?

15. Zethuron

Zethuron Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They need it for the larger stuff, like vehicles.

16. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    So Shen turns out to be an Irregularity. Then why is Zero City hostile to him?

With this Chen Xiaolian already met 6 of them, one way or another. And since World's End is outside GM supervision, Xiaolian should ask Sis Yun about world tree.

17. Dydreamr

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m pretty sure that Shen was also the game master before, but an earlier version with vastly more power than the current one. He probably merged with the oddity to gain his individuality.

On a side note, CX finally got the sword in the stone back, and is probably going to finally be using the sword art instead of just slashing everything with sky blades power.

18. Shield Loyalist

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, but if Shen was the first GM, where did the Irregularity Shen go?

I figured out Room Zero is part of 33 Heavens since there are 6 seats in Room Zero, similar to the number of Irregularities who formed 33 Heavens. From there we could conclude that Zero City (AI) is related to the Oddity, but why be hostile towards Shen just because Shen is unbalanced?

I wonder if the Countess' soul is still there.

Dydreamr likes this.
  19. Dydreamr

Reading List:
    Link
    Good catch on room zero!!! I’m pretty sure she was with Shen because Adam saw a soul inside of him. I was thinking that Is who it was.

We don’t really know shen’s motives (or umbrellas for that matter). We know everybody else’s from that group otherwise.

20. Dydreamr

Reading List:
    Link
    Any news about the latest raws of this novel? We know the author based CX on himsef but maybe there are more similarities than we thought. :)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018