Gazing at the horizon

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Ryuubii, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Ryuubii

Ryuubii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello people of Novel Updates, here my first not so beautifully and creatively made novel, don't judge, it's gonna be slow release if i even try since bow down to sin of sloth, what ever, here it is:
    Synopsis:
    Since he was 5, Yuuya have been taken care of the church, now he is sent to school to study and be independent, now he needs to gaze at the horizon and find his dream and future, and maybe we will find some clues of his past
    Table of Contents:
    1)Chapter 1: Katagi Yuuya
    2)Chapter 2: Katagi Rin

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  2. Ryuubii

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 1:

In a classroom in Ryuugaku High, there was a person making a loud wretched scream of a women sound out
    “Katagi Yuuya-kun, why are you sleeping?! Are you even listening?!”
    A laughter from the class could be heard after that wretched scream and a mutter of a boy can be heard
    “I’m tired, isn’t that obvious? Tch, and I already know everything that you’re teaching…”
    The boy said in a half tired half annoyed tone.
    A vein can be seen on the teacher’s head as she shouted while smacking the board.
    “Fine then, if you’re so smart, write the answer to this question, if you answer it correctly with the formula right, I won’t bother you again, but if you can’t, you have to focus during my class”
    The teacher then starts writing complicated questions. After she finished, Yuuya then stood up while yawning then start writing the answers on the board in a inconceivable speed that made the teacher dumbfounded.
    “tha-that’s… correct…” the teacher was screaming in her head ‘What kind of monstrous processing speed does this child have?! And a perfect memory for the multiple formulas, is he a genius?!’
    She though the dumbfounded. Yuuya threw a quick glace at the teacher then snorted and put his hands into his pockets and walked back to his table and start going back to sleep while the whole class was dumbfounded. After Yuuya sat back down, the class started to be filled with whispers, while the teacher, as if coming back from a trance, started shouting.
    “alright, today was the first day of school, we have introduced our self… well, except for a certain someone.”
    The teacher glanced at Yuuya nervously while muttering her last line. Seeing this, Yuuya mused to himself
    ‘Hmph, they all gave me those looks, like looking at something inconceivable, a monster… except... them.’
    After that he dug his head down to sleep, but he didn’t notice, a girl excitedly looking at him with gleaming eyes.
    After a few hours the school was over since the first day is just introduction. Yuuya lifted his body and bag then start walking out of class and school.
    In the streets, Yuuya took a turn into an empty alleyway, narrowd his eye and shouted without turning back
    “so why are you following me since I exited school? What do you want?”
    He asked with a sharp tone, with a quick shudder, a girl came into the alley timidly.
    “Uh, um, I just want to talk to you, since you look like, you know, an interesting guy? Aha...haha.”
    She said with a dry laugh. Yuuya turned around and look at her with his narrowed eyes that made the girl shudder a bit, but before she could say anything, Yuuya already let out a sigh and said.
    “Fine then, follow me home, I won’t do anything to you, don’t worry, and tell me your name.”
    After hearing him, the girl let out a sigh and laughed.
    “Ahaha, thanks, and my name is Hayami Yumi, Umm, Kahagi…-kun?
    “it’s Katagi, Katagi Yuuya…”
    Yuuya said irritatedly and walked away, seeing this, Yumi was surprised, but after remembering what he said, she let out a smile and followed him out of the alley.
    ……….
    After walking for about 10 minutes, Yuuya stopped in front of a church or better called orphanage and walked in, confused, Yumi followed after Yuuya and asked.
    “Why are we in an orphanage? Do you actually live here?”
    Yuuya gave her a glance then looked back to a large building then said.
    “No, I live alone in an apartment, but I was raised here since I was 5, and so I visit here quite often…”
    Stunned for a second, Yumi stopped and ask.
    “5? What happened to your parents before you entered the orphanage?”
    Yuuya immediately stopped and looked back, at Yumi with a dark grim face and said.
    “Never, EVER, bring up my parents, especially my damn accursed father, I don’t even want to acknowledge his existence…”
    Yumi was stunned by Yuuya’s behavior when talking about his father and she thought
    ‘What did Yuuya’s father do to make Yuuya so mad at him?’

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  3. Crownking

Crownking King of quark star

Reading List:
    Link
    The storyline is too fast you can explain the past in more details. I would love to read more please continue your work

4. Ryuubii

Reading List:
    Link
    As the synopsis says, i will explain later in the story about his past, heheh

5. qzty

qzty From normal-fag to F5-er Jack of Spades

Reading List:
    Link
    You actually made a thread with that name *claps* ..... story feels good.

6. Ryuubii

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, yeah xD

qzty likes this.
  7. KUROz

KUROz Whatevs~

Reading List:
    Link
    The title that you came up with is chou chunii nya!

8. Ryuubii

Reading List:
    Link
    Chunii isn't so bad as long as it's still in the internet's boundary

9. KUROz

KUROz Whatevs~

Reading List:
    Link
    Soudesu nya~!
    I quite like it in fact nya~
    I mean where IRL can you find a cat aiming for world domination nya~!

10. Ryuubii

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 2:

Yuuya then turned around and walked to the large building in a faster pace, and Yumi, coming back from her stunned state followed him into the building, in there was a bunch of children running around and a nun there.
    The nun turned her head to Yuuya and Yumi, stunned for a second and then start to smile warmly and said
    “Ah, Yuu-kun, welcome back, and looks like you brought back a guest, introduce her to me.”
    The nun said while walking over, Yumi then stand up straight and introduced herself while bowing her head a bit
    “I-my name is Hayami Yumi, pleased to meet you.”
    The nun then smiled warmly once more then said while bowing her head too.
    “my name is Katagi Rin, like wise.”
    Rin then turned her head to face Yuuya and looked back at Yumi before saying
    “so what’s this girl doing here little brother?”
    While grinning and nudging Yuuya’s arm, Yuuya then confessed
    “I don’t know, she followed me from school, I went to an alley and got her to talk, she said she was curious about me.”
    Rin’s grin went wider before turning into an ‘o’ shape then said
    “well, well, a curious one isn’t she? So, do you like my little brother here or something?”
    Yumi’s face went as red as an apple before something struck her mind, then she asked
    “wait, ‘little brother’?! You’re siblings?! You don’t look alike…”
    Rin’s grin then urned into a smile then she said.
    “of course we don’t, Yuuya is my step brother, I took him in, didn’t you notice from our last name?”
    Yumi’s face of confusion then turned into understanding before something hit her mind once again before her lips made a grin and sais.
    “well, if you both are ‘step’ siblings, then you seem a better match for Yuuya aren’t you”
    Rin’s face then flushed red and she covered her face with both her hands
    “Wha-no, Yuu-kun, help me out here… Yuu-kun?!”
    Rin then start looking around, then she found Yuuya chasing around kids with a mask.
    She then start looking at that scene with warm eyes before Yumi asked a question.
    “Uhm, I’m wondering, how does Yuuya live before he entered the orphanage?”
    At that question, Rin’s face fell and she said in a low heavy voice.
    “I don’t know, Yuu-kun refuse to answer any question about his past, if anyone does ask, especially about his parents, or rather his father, he will always mutter curses.”
    Hearing this, Yumi was rather surprised about Yuuya’s hatred, then she turned her head to look at Yuuya with narrowed eyes.
    Rin then brought Yumi into a room to wait for Yuuya to finish playing with the kids.
    …..
    After the sky shows a tint of red, Yuuya walked into where Rin and Yumi went to.
    “Ah, Yuu-kun, are you about to go? How about walking Yumi-chan here back home, her house should be close to your apartment.”
    At that question from Rin, Yuuya nodded and led Yumi out of the Orphanage.