Discussion Gender-Bender Association

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by ohko, Feb 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilvaLau

SilvaLau Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the chapters are short, and there hasn't been much progress with the story yet for me to form concrete feedback for this novel.

All I know for now is that the elves around the MC are lewd as they like to tease the innocent girl and this story seems to be heading towards the slice of life route.

2. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi everybody! Get a tail of something interesting in recent comments so...
    I don't get what about there is a discussion. The author has tags on this story as - GL (it is even on warning on TOC), Different World, Reincarnation., Male to Female, Slow Life, Young Girl, Woman Knight, Battle elements.
    What exact content of that tags is could be debatable. But author labeled story as such.

3. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you talking about "The Life of a Female Knight and Dark Elf"?

I wasn't asking about what was going to be in the story, I was asking if the quality of writing improved after the prologue.

4. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup.
    Oh, then sorry. :sweating_profusely: I cannot judge writing from MTL...

Moonpearl likes this.
  5. SilvaLau

Reading List:
    Link
    Judging from the slow life tag, I suppose slice of life is set in the stone, but battle element / action? Not sure how that's going to play out.
    Oh.. Well, I'm not really that bothered by the author's writing style, I rather enjoy the story than to find fault in the author's writing, though there's a few exception. Like that certain novel (I'm not calling names) that doesn't make any logical sense at all.
    You've already read ahead with MTL?

6. SilvaLau

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, Ai-chan also write gender benders. Check them out!

/me runs away after the sneak promotion

SilvaLau likes this.
  8. SilvaLau

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe I have read Felicia before, but it doesn't get updated much does it?

9. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh Ai-chan has several others.

But don't worry, Ai-chan has a new lease of inspiration for Felicia, so maybe Ai-chan will continue Felicia soon.

SilvaLau likes this.
  10. SilvaLau

Reading List:
    Link
    Oo that's great news

11. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh!? Where do I read them?

12. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    Some are here. Some are on Ai-chan's blog. Two is on Scribblehub. Felicia's Second Life is everywhere.

For the ones here, you can search for "Traps Are Delicious" in Original Composition and "Cross Race Destiny". Then just google for it as Cross Race Destiny here isn't updated to the latest chapter.

13. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh! Can you tell me which of your works are gender bender? (I'm guessing everything you write isn't gender bender...?)
    And is it yuri? I don't read gender bender yuri or female-to-male gender benders (unless it's a body swap between two people) so just a disclaimer please?

Edit: Oh, it's yuri. Will still check it out.
    Though I'm surprised that you write yuri. Don't you have a husband?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  14. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    Traps Are Delicious is about a boy who found out too late one day that his school was closing down. He had to change schools, but the default option is a mess of overcrowding and delinquency. His only other choice was an all-girls' school. So he falsified his records and entered the all-girls school where he's pursued by real girls. One of the options was one of the girl's big brother. This is a crossdressing story and not transgender story.

Cross Race Destiny is a sci fi tale about a boy who really wants to join the Deep Space Expeditionary Fleet by winning an interplanetary race. In order to do that, he has to join an intelligence agency working to foil a plan to sabotage the race to shame their fox empress. It's action-packed with lots of shooting, eventually.

Crossxhealer is a fantasy tale of a healing mage who has to change himself into a girl's appearance after his country was invaded and destroyed due to the special lineage he carries. He will eventually has a tryst with the son of the lord of the city he takes shelter in and become his mistress. Well this one is not decided yet. It's either he will become the mistress of the lord's son, or become the pet of the lord's wife.

Hero Prince(ss) is the story of an OP former hero who retired but was forced back into active duty when the demon lord was revived. Due to certain curses in the past, he now looks no different from a woman, albeit blind. He's not actually a woman at the start of the story, but chose to wear a dress and appear as a woman due to a certain problem which has not yet been disclosed yet. There are already hints why he chose to wear a dress, though. After he went to Hell, he ate a princess of Hell and acquired the ability to become female during the full moon. One of his party members has lustful feelings towards him, the demon king wants his ass and one of the demon king's former general wants to marry him but is confused about his gender.

A Tale of A Thousand Days And A Promise is about a guy who gets mistaken as a girl because he's prettier than the real girls in the village. He ended up marrying his best friend due to a misunderstanding. The villagers mistook the dinner party between his family and his best friend's family as their wedding feast and once someone brought some booze, nobody cares about the truth anymore. Then his best friend (now husband) goes to war as a rite of passage, but is presumed dead. The protagonist then, together with his wolves, travels the world looking for his/her husband. This was written to be a wuxia, but it doesn't seem like Ai-chan can market this. Not many people want to read about a dude who looks like a girl, who's actually married to a guy, so maybe Ai-chan will rewrite it as straight story instead. Or maybe Ai-chan should continue and make it BL?

The Hero's & Demon's Double Rampage is a one-shot about a guy who makes a contract with a female demon and gets genderbent every time he transforms to fight other demons. It's stuff Ai-chan wrote for fun to let go of a dream.

Sky Goddess is a fantasy story about a dude in this world who was summoned to another world as a sky goddess to fulfill the wishes of a man who wanted to save his kingdom. But since the man wished for her to marry him instead, she's bound to that world. It's a straight up transgender story where the dude becomes a hot, beautiful goddess with power over the rain.

Escape! is a sci fi story about a group of kids who were taken out of class in order to save them from being killed off by their alien overlords. The protagonist is a guy who looks very much like his hot sister, whom his best friend has the hots for. Their goal is to reach the starport so that they can steal a spaceship and warn Earth about the alien threat and bring home reinforcements to liberate their desert planet. In the process, they got married and adopted a child.

The Last Water Nymph is a Mushoku Tensei-style epic. It is a story of a Victorian-era boy who died in a mine and gets transported to another world where he soaked in a fairy fountain for a hundred years and became a water nymph. The last of the water nymph, he was. He was raised by a warrior and a mage, but was betrayed by the mage one day and got sent to a time far in the past, where she become the nymph queen and made a vow of marriage with a lion spirit. She then goes to sleep for a few thousand years to prevent her loved one, the warrior from being betrayed by the mage. The ending? Don't know, Ai-chan hasn't written it.

Walter vi Britannia likes this.
  15. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh! Nice. Thanks!

BTW, is 'Crossxhealer' BL? Like, is his magic just a disguise or does he actually turn into a woman in body too?

And 'A Tale of A Thousand Days And A Promise', even though I don't read BL this actually kinda caught my eye the most. The concept sounds the cutest, how they got married. I think it'd be a shame if you changed it from being a BL. What if you turned it into a gender bender? (Like, actual transformation gender bender, not crossdressing.) But then I think it's popularity would diminish even more?...I mean, gender bender is not really that popular compared to BL, right?

Well, suit yourself, if what you're writing can't give you the motivation to continue, even if you have dedicated fans for it, they'll feel your lack of conviction through your writing and will too start to lose interest.

So, I'm guessing Hero Prince(ss), The Hero's & Demon's Double Rampage, Sky Goddess, and The Last Water Nymph are the actual physical gender benders here where they actually transform into women? The rest are crossdressing or BL?

Ai chan likes this.
  16. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    She has a husband and a wife... >.>

Also, it's not only lesbian women that write GL, you know? There are plenty of straight women that do so.

Ai chan likes this.
  17. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, gender bender is actually a very niche genre. Even more niche than yuri or BL. You can also try the Half Lilim, but that's Ai-chan first work and Ai-chan is kind of embarrassed about that, so if you still want to, you can try the second story, The Half Lilim: By The Light of the Moon which is significantly better-written.

The reason why the majority of Ai-chan's stories on that site are gender benders is because that site specializes in it.

Crossxhealer is BL more or less. The protagonist is still genetically a boy and still has a dick.

Cross Race Destiny is actually a gender bender where the protagonist transforms into a woman. But the protagonist is still into women. So it probably doesn't fit what you like.

Walter vi Britannia likes this.
  18. Raebit

Raebit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there a recommendation for female to male (not crossdressing, and not switching soul)? ^0^
    I found a lot of crossdressing female to male, or something like bumping to other male and they exchange soul.
    I rarely found pure change from female to male.
    Kinda curious, and want to read about it.

19. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know about novels, but I came across this manhwa once called 'My Girlfriend is a Real Man'. I think it turns BL.
    Also in the manga 'Nyotai-ka' the main character is a man who turned into a woman, but the love interest is a woman who turned into a man (no body swapping). And there's that type of a thing in 'Tensei Pandemic' too. But their main characters are both male characters who got turned into women.

Also, you can try finding something within this tag: https://www.novelupdates.com/stag/female-to-male/

20. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! I didn't know a site like that existed. Now I'm excited again! I was feeling a bit low on gender bender for a while since I've read basically every gender bender on this site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.