Recommendations Genius MC.

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Dragon God, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Dragon God

Dragon God {King of Peasants} {Tanya's Husbando}

Reading List:
    Link
    Has volume 11 and 12 of Overlord been translated? *shock*
    I stopped at Volume 10.

I won't classify Ainz Oaal Gown as a Genius in the sense I'm looking for(Doesn't really give me a Lelouch or Kira feeling), but he's definitely intelligent. Maybe something happens in remaining two volumes.

I'll take a look at Dungeon Defence.

2. Dragon God

Reading List:
    Link
    How do I check other user's reading list?

3. Yunchii

Yunchii Best Waifu - Tamamo-no-Mae

Reading List:
    Link
    Go to that user profile.. you can see reading list: Link..
    click on that

4. HC

HC I eat, read, die

Reading List:
    Link
  5. GloomUnderNight

GloomUnderNight "DOMO HAJIMEMASHITE. I am STRING CUTTER" ©

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea, vol 12 was translated at septem... I MEAN IT WAS 'fanfic'! Well you know this kind of 'fanfic'.

6. Dragon God

Reading List:
    Link
    *cough* *cough* link to Volume 11 & 12 (hope I can download PDFs or EPUB, though read-only will be fine as well).

7. Saol

Saol [The Six Sect★Founder]

Reading List:
    Link
    LLS= Long Live Summons by Xia Fei Shuang Jia (had to look the authors name xD) translated on/by Shiroyukineko

And my recommendations are...(long list so most of them will be without links oh and mostly english novels as in NOT Translated, original)
    1. This list is OLD (wrote it now but organized it back in 2009) so some of the stories (suspects will be marked with (#)) may be found in another place than listed here so google it if not found
    2. Those Highly recommended (*) are closer (and often more favorite of mine) to the subject altho all are close
    3. In some cases authors have more than one book that fit but I'll write only one (again, long a22 list xP) and if it's a series of books the mark is !
    4. I may accidentally give not the first book of the series so suspect is %
    5. A standalone (part of series but you don't have to read the previous books to enjoy) series is a +
    6. Those I bought $ (if the first book free and the rest a need to buy $$)

Can be found on either storiesonline.net (SOL) which is a mostly raunchy site (lots of s3x stories there but not only) or Finestories which is a sister site to SOL without the 18+ stuff:
    Greenies by Al Steiner * +
    Eric Olafson by Vanessa Ravencroft # * %
    Blessings Of A Curse by Wayne Edward Clarke # * ! $
    "Getting By" by Shakes Peer2B * +
    Retreads by Rotedrachen +
    Rebirth by John Wales & Dr. Stan & Wires +
    Time of Eden and Elves by Mike Cropo # !
    Giants in the Sandbox by Zoras +

Can be found on Smashwords (some I bought and some are free and I don't remember all so...):
    A Question of Will by Alex Albrinck # + * $$
    Mageborn: the blacksmith's son by Michael G. Manning $$ %
    Forgemaster by H. Lee Morgan $$ !
    Tales of the Triad: The Event by R J Murray * + $$
    Evoguia by Steven Lyle Jordan *

To tired to continue xD
    Ah...enough...and good read ;)

Edit: Lol, didn't have the strength to even post links xD

Dragon God likes this.
  8. Dragon God

Reading List:
    Link
    Much appreciated.
    I am very grateful senpai.

9. Blique

Blique Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Legend of Sun Knight! He's really good at scheming. He's also a prodigy in magic. It's completed, so you can read it all in one go.

SilverCrow63 and Ruyi like this.
  10. Dragonfyre001

Dragonfyre001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anime:
    Magic Kaito 1412
    Spiral: Bond of Reasoning
    Zetsuen no Tempest

THE MC IS A GENIUS WATCH IT

Blique likes this.
  11. Blique

Blique Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is the first time I've ever seen anyone so much as mention the existence of Magic Kaito and I am very pleased. He's my favorite character in the entire world of fiction. :love:

On that note, I also recommend Detective Conan. Particularly the manga, but the anime is good too (though the filler episodes aren't as great). There's a ton of movies too. There are some with Kaito in them. :love:

12. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    These stories contain strategist-type male MCs:
    Legend of Galactic Heroes (also in anime form) *epic battles yes
    Altina the Sword Princess
    The World God Only Knows (okay so he's strategizing how to pick up girls but it can't be denied that he's intelligent)

Stories with smart MCs and a mystery element:
    Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo (slightly dated art, but like a mature version of Detective Conan)
    Detective Academy Q/Tantei Gakuen Q (episodic mysteries, basically. I found it enjoyable though)
    Spiral: The Bonds of Reasoning/Suiri no Kizuna (underlying mystery while the MC solves smaller mysteries. he has nice hair)
    Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro (might not be as strong by the end but okay overall)
    Hyouka (has a relaxed, slice-of-life feel, school setting and pretty visuals. MC is the apathetic type of genius)

Others that involve battle of wits with intelligent characters:
    Liar Game (survival game)
    Akagi (genius gambler willing to bet ridiculous odds. I think the series spans from his childhood up until he's a 60s sometime man and part of the yakuza)
    Houshin Engi (Japanese manga adaptation of Chinese classic Investiture of the Gods. MC is a genius with a trickster-type personality. Art is unique but I like the story well enough to count it as one of my favorite series. Also rather epic, so expect loads and loads of characters. It's Chinese history taken to fantastic, sometimes anachronistic heights) *also epic battles yes
    EDIT: NUF automatically links to wrong Houshin Engi, I mean this one (the manga version)

Hikaru no Go (okay, the MC isn't that smart, but the ghost haunting him is a genius at Go, so lots of interesting conflicts develop from there. If you like game themed manga involving tactics and Go, this might be your thing.)
    Hunter x Hunter (again, the MC isn't the brightest bulb in the box, but the storytelling is intelligent and interesting and there's plenty of smart characters. but it's currently in off and on hiatus thanks to the mangaka's poor health)

Just Smart MCs:
    Dr. Frost (Korean webtoon, he's a genius...psychologist I believe? they might have made a kdrama out of this too)
    Monster (lots of gore and serial killing here tho)
    Yakitate Japan (the MC makes really good bread, and that's where his intelligence lies. i guess...a bread genius?)

--
    These are the ones I can think off the top of my head. Most of them I've read, others I've seen consistent reviews on.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    Eutune likes this.
  13. Agecaf

Agecaf Grand Archmathemagician

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... Noone's mentioned Mother of Learning (western web novel) yet? Probably one of my favorite ones in terms of smart MC. It's a pure fantasy world, he's a magic student, but has a think-first personality. He's of the cold and calculating type, but that doesn't stop him from having interests and preferences, making mistakes, and using hindsight to see what he could've done better. Definitely worth a read.

Another one that comes to mind is Twig (western web novel). It's set in a biohorrorpunk world, and the MC is in the evil-Academy faction. He sort of was made to be smart, and the author definitely is of the show type. He explains his reasoning, and does make mistakes occasionally.

By the same author as Twig, I would also recommend Worm. It's set in a world with superpowers, and there's many characters with powered-up intelligence (again, showed). The MC, while not defined by her intelligence, is the type to learn from her mistakes and look for ways to fight against the odds. She also has one of the most interesting stances in the moral gradient; she's probably one of the most heroic villains, and one of the most villainous heroes, with an ends-sometimes-justifies-the-means mentality. The story is also greatly helped by the vast amount of interesting and diverse side characters (some very smart), as well as the common team fights depicted in the story.

14. Alundric

Alundric Member of Gentleman Alliance

Reading List:
    Link
  15. KaiserNephilim

KaiserNephilim Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Long Live Summons, great story...
    oh.. try Age of Heroes it has a lot of war strategy scenes... https://royalroadl.com/fiction/759
    Age of heroes has a lot of emotional roller coaster (NTR), tolerable bad grammar, and has lots of POV's... try it if you want, at least i'm stating the bad points here as a warning...

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  16. theoldmonster23

theoldmonster23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tannhauser likes this.
  17. Daily Prog

Daily Prog Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mahouka kokou no rettousei..

18. Azure Blaze

Azure Blaze 『Stability』『Calmness』『Tranquility』『Heavenly Blue』

Reading List:
    Link
  19. Aaron

Aaron Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would suggest you Terror Infinity, the MC of which is a genius.Although he doesn't have powerful weapon, his brain is the best weapon which has helped him come over difficulties and become one of the strongest man in that world.

20. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    manga I forgot the full title
    it have world noa - mc developed a device that makes everyone to forget everything sort of amnesia and those victims are called child