LCD Genius of a Performing Arts High

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Cosmic_, May 9, 2020.

1. Vermouth

Vermouth Older but none the wiser.

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe they don’t think changing vocalization is possible so they never thought of that as the trick behind his singing :hmm:

userunfriendly likes this.
  2. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Dafuq....you could be right... Like they didn't even know that the patterns in true crucible cast Damascus steel was caused by carbon nano-fibers until they invented carbon nano-fibers. :eek::eek::eek:

Vermouth likes this.
  3. Vermouth

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you referencing something...? .-.

I feel like you are but it went over my head lol

4. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wootz_steel

The presence of cementite nanowires, and carbon nanotubes has been identified by Peter Paufler of TU Dresden in the microstructure of wootz steel.[25] There is a possibility of an abundance of ultrahard metallic carbides in the steel matrix precipitating out in bands.[citation needed] Wootz swords were renowned for their sharpness and toughness.[citation needed]

:D:D:D

Vermouth likes this.
  5. Vermouth

Reading List:
    Link
    nerddddd

That’s a cool fun fact. I learn something new every day!! :D

6. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    I embrace my nerdness.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If the outside judge, his mentor and the principle are the only ones who recognize or know he's changing vocalizations, once the other Opera teachers find out, they'll regard him as a massive piece of chum...and they're the school of sharks.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Vermouth likes this.
  7. LittleBigSnowFlower

LittleBigSnowFlower 悪くないよねぇ 〜

Reading List:
    Link
    It's more of a rough diamond for now... As far as i know, they won't notice that changing vocalization is a technique that he is doing at the prac test... It's more like he's changing swords to widen his vocal range. In this scenario, his old baritone style switching to the new style made a super comfortable delivery which he can't do when doing the former... The judges can't 'notice' that if not taking as it is from an outside perception and would just notice he has just an abnormal voice range (recall that only a handful of his friends and his mentor know that he can change style as he wills to, no one else does atm), it would change though if they Yunjae first played the baritone and then elf king.

edit:
    oh vermouth already explained it, mb for that . :blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful:

Vermouth and userunfriendly like this.
  8. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    I just realized...

Author made it clear in previous chapter that the judges are supposed to grade on technical merits...and our boy scored middle of the pack. But he jumped to A+!!! So his mentor MUST have told the teachers what was going on...the guest judge must have detected the multiple vocalization, so he brought it up. So the technical merits of his performance got a boost...because he was doing something impossible...:eek:

This is also supported by the title.:ROFLMAO: He’s going to take the throne away from those two.:cry::cry::cry:

Vermouth likes this.
  9. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They're aware that he changes vocalization, since Han Seungjoo found it as a unique skill for a high schooler, but definitely not impossible. The result probably wasn't as great as we were hyped to be. Using a difficult technique might be impressive, but Kim Wuju sang the most difficult song without any parlor tricks and gave a flawless performance. Yoonjae's only merit on this round is his experience, and that would clinch his victory. The sword change style might have a big comeback in the future, once he perfected it and embed it with emotions.

10. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    I reread that part. So, if changing vocalization is possible, why did the mentor and principal lose their minds?

Three possibilities exist.

One, changing vocalization is possible in adult and veteran opera professionals. That a 17 year old does it is insane. This also explains why he got the A+. It’s one thing to be judged according to high school standards and metrics, but he’s doing a veteran professional opera singer’s standard of performance.:eek::eek::eek: Also, while Han Seungjoo might be used to hearing changing vocalization, among his professional singers, he may be unaware that a high schooler doing this is flat out impossible!:D:D:D

Two, our boy be changing vocalization in THE MIDDLE OF A SONG. The Opera Producer might be detecting the changing vocalization, but isn’t realizing that the change is happening real time, in the same song. This also explains why the principal lost his mind. The first time our boy did it, it was obvious, because he was doing this the first time...ever.

Three, parts have been mistranslated, or the author himself made changes.

Hurry! New chapter nau!!!:blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful:

This is worse than the wait for the test results!:blobscream::blobscream::blobscream::blobscream::blobscream::blobscream::blobscream::blobscream::blobscream::blobscream::blobscream::blobscream::blobscream::blobscream::blobscream::blobscream::blobscream:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    Vermouth and Bachingchung like this.
  11. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A young male adult's voice still have a lot of room to change, so they probably credited the vocalization changes to his age. Also they probably didn't think of it that much since he's a newcomer, they probably thought he just had learned 2 vocalization methods on a short time span, so a habit haven't formed yet.

I guess we'll find out next chapter, I'm honestly really pissed about their cold response. I was expecting a jaw dropping reaction but aside from HSJ, the rest of the judges think of it as your usual great performance.

12. Vermouth

Reading List:
    Link
    Bachingchung and userunfriendly like this.
  13. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Bachingchung and Vermouth like this.
  14. LittleBigSnowFlower

Reading List:
    Link
    Was once on a choir and a school band... Didn't continue when i graduated... Though i still sing and play the guitar when i'm free :blobsmile::blobsmile::blobsmile:

15. Vermouth

Reading List:
    Link
    Does your brother read the novel too? I think it would be a fun bonding activity.

I'm trying to get my sister to read this with me but all she does is read gay romances between Canadian hockey players :cry:

16. Vermouth

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow! That's super cool. No wonder why you sounded like you kinda knew your stuff

I just play piano and I'm actually horrible at singing >_>

LittleBigSnowFlower likes this.
  17. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Um...I'm the reader in the family. He watches movies.:p

OMG...i had NO idea that was a literary trend!!!!

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :ROFLMAO:

Vermouth likes this.
  18. LittleBigSnowFlower

Reading List:
    Link
    i don't have formal instruction on singing so im quite the same as you guys on those parts, maybe some terms here and there that overlaps but i'm also a stranger to these kinds of things

19. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what I like so much about this novel. Without any sort of musical background, you can still get the sense of what's going on and follow the story. That's rare, making me care about a protagonist who's into something I know NOTHING about.(y)(y)(y)

Vermouth likes this.
  20. LittleBigSnowFlower

Reading List:
    Link
    Possible 3 Reasons:

1. If he can master every vocalization style which are as diverse as it is. He can sing from Bass to Tenor (if he's crazy maybe soprano too) without getting hardpressed on delivery and not destroying his throat, and of course not resorting to falsetto. Remember that they sorted themselves according to their chosen voice type, hitting the highest possible without cracking or making the notes flat is quite the requirement on any voice related vocation (esp. opera) that everyone could hear your oopsies.

2. And if you have so wide range that you have no problem on singing any kinds of notes on real time, you could actually choose any songs that you like. This is quite crazy for you to do very low notes and can hit crazily high notes at the same time naturally without breaking voice quality.

3. Vocalization as stated on the novel, is hard to change voluntarily, akin to breathing. As far as i remember, the mentor said that it takes too much practice to change your vocalization from what you always used to another... It's crazier that you can change it at will and still doing a good job on it.