Korean Genius of the Unique Lineage/Extraordinary Descent Genius/규격 외 혈통 천재

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by angelhalo224, Sep 29, 2022.

1. angelhalo224

angelhalo224 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name:Genius of the Unique Lineage / Extraordinary Descent Genius / 규격 외 혈통 천재
    Raw Link: Webnovel Link (https://series.naver.com/novel/detail.series?productNo=6162864)
    NU Link: NA
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: There is a manhwa adaptation of the series. (See link of MangaUpdates info page.) Asura Scans is the group doing the scanlation of the series. (See Asura Link for the most up-to-date info on their efforts.)

The manhwa is 12 chapters in and I am addicted. There was also another thread on this forum talking about wanting to have a translation of the novel but I did not see a thread for the novel pickup request ... so I am doing it. (Link to other thread talking about a desire to read the translation of this novel.)
    Description:
    Description via Asura Scans:
    I want to be someone who kills invaders

__

I want to kill invaders and live a happy daily life in a special world.
    Can’t I just ask for that?
    Why? Why can’t I do that?
    People say chasing two different rabbits will make you miss both, but…
    just don’t miss them.
    (Here is a better description of the series based on the first chapter of the manhwa. I cobbled it together using parts of the intro of the manhwa's first chapter from Asura Scans and filling in other bits.)

Someone told me about the world before I was born. So... the world before the Earth Blackholes appeared was a normal world.

This story is about an abnormal world. Where unknown life forms emerged from these blackholes that communicates with another world. These invaders massacred many humans, and when the world started turning into a living hell, a special species of human showed up. They had extraordinary abilities and helped to resolve the situation. But people came to fear the special species and separated them from normal humans. Some went to the government. Others conspired with international companies. And the rest made their own organization and hid themselves with magic.

Its been twenty years since the blackholes first appeared. The special species are still there, hiding their true identities, living amongst normal people.

Update: Added link to accessible raw webnovel link

Accessible Raw Web Novel Link (via Onegai_matte):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
    Nom de Plume, Mingxia and Rodvek97 like this.
  2. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Rodvek97

Rodvek97 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1
    Have the mtl?

Mingxia and angelhalo224 like this.
  4. angelhalo224

Reading List:
    Link
    T_T no mtl or even raw novel. I tried looking for it but had no luck. That’s why I am making this request.

5. Ryu00random

Ryu00random Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If someone has the MTL or raws of the novel. Please pass them on. Thank you
    ✨✨

Please would be of great help.
    No matter the language....Korean or English

Mingxia, Rodvek97 and angelhalo224 like this.
  6. AR Aryan

AR Aryan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1

Mingxia and angelhalo224 like this.
  7. angelhalo224

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2022
  8. Idris Elva

Idris Elva Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello is there other website where you can read this novel in its own language. I mean the original raw. I would like to pick up this novel. But I can't go through the link that you have given me. So if there is other website please tell me.

9. angelhalo224

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a website which requires you to sign-up to get it... but otherwise it is really only available on Naver. I am sorry I could not provide you with the raws. T_T

10. Onegai_Matte

Onegai_Matte Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really want this to be translated and I saw jjaggii from another forum find the raw sooo imma drop it here for you or anyone who wants to translate it

Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
  11. angelhalo224

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
    Mingxia likes this.
  12. 123123ze

123123ze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Could someone redo the request but uhh include the raw so it would be more attractive or something :d

Mingxia likes this.
  13. angelhalo224

Reading List:
    Link
    … hmm I updated this original post for this thread. So, I hope that helps but I will have to look at the rules again to see if that is allowed.

Update: it doesn’t look like there is anything preventing that from happening but I also don’t feel a real drive to create a new thread at the moment as this one is doing a sufficient job of being a request. So, if someone wants to create a new request, I’m not going to stand in their way if they want to use the info from this thread to create a newer one.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
    Mingxia likes this.
  14. set435

set435 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello I was thinking of picking up this novel... I am a amateur translator (Born in a Korean family, speaks and writes Korean, but raised in the US) I would like to know if anyone was still interested for someone to translate this. I have my own website I can post my translation but it's not going to be the best and since I am also currently a college student, it will take a chunk of my time and updates most likely will be far in between (I was hoping like 3 chapters a week?)

For reference the most I have done as a translator thus far is translating korean children books so webnovels are a unfamiliar region for me. I was thinking of picking this up since I was interested in the webtoon.

I will do a few chapters first, upload them by Nov 5th or smth and see how the reception is

Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
  15. set435

set435 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    first chapter is out go to webnovel.suul.dev since I am unable to post links yet, currently adding it to novelupdates but since it's my first upload expect delay

angelhalo224, Mingxia and GodkiL1ler like this.
  16. GodkiL1ler

GodkiL1ler GHOST

Reading List:
    Link
    You can just open the side and use Google Translator in chrome to translate it it will translate every chapter in English
    That is how I read untranslated novel and I already read this novel 300+ chapters like this

angelhalo224 and Mingxia like this.
  17. set435

set435 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kudos to you, I legitimately am spoiled by translations, I can't bear to read a few google translated chapters much less 300+. Last time I pulled it off was with Martial Peak and I couldn't comprehend what was going on...

angelhalo224 and Mingxia like this.
  18. GodkiL1ler

GodkiL1ler GHOST

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't know but I think it is same even if it's translate by group or translator because I match some novels and they have most likely same wording
    Hahahaha

Mingxia likes this.
  19. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    So it will be linked on NU soon? I’m looking forward to it! Not many novels seem to dive into hereditary superpowers as heavily as this one. The author is handling it in an interesting way, and it makes me want to know more! Ty for picking it up. :)

Mingxia likes this.
  20. Onegai_Matte

Onegai_Matte Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just went digging and I found someone translating the novel. I hope they keep on doing their good work ::bloblove::::blobcatsmile::

Mingxia likes this.