Gensokyo Everlasting - Registration

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by lychee, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    Feel free to try.

I'd do a coin toss to determine the gender at that point, to be honest.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  2. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    Naah, I dont think I'm joining this one. Too busy.

3. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    tumblr_o4h63v524a1sm1zsco2_500.png

CHARACTER CREATION FORM:

• Character Name: Rayleigh
    • Faction: Chaotic Evil
    • Race: Human(?)
    • Skill: Branded Rune - Runes branded by hot iron on the back of left palm, granting access to some limited magical capabilities.
    • Appearance: Armored or casual, always with gourd covering his head. He says it's enchanted, if anyone survived long enough to ask.
    • History: 404

Silver Snake and yuzuki like this.
  4. Little Evil

Little Evil Hello o/

Reading List:
    Link
    Character Name: Aku
    Faction: Neutral (Evil)
    Race: Fairy (Born of Apathy)
    [​IMG]

Skill: Infects all in her surrounding with endless apathy.

Appearance:
    Short unkept hair with an empty look and random clothes. She forgot her wings somewhere. Probably just hid them once and forgot about it. Well, who cares anyway.

History:
    For as long as she remembers, she sat under the bridge. That's it, really. Who knows how she got there and she would probably spend eternity there if not for angry villagers chasing her away for making them unwilling to work fields after crossing her bridge.

Silver Snake and yuzuki like this.
  5. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

6. yuzuki

yuzuki [sweet night] [plum blossoms]

Reading List:
    Link
    I have another character coming too, but I'm enjoying the sobby sob Osana Reimu series and the its sequel Reireimu too much right now :blobxd:

A5G_Reaper likes this.
  7. yuzuki

Reading List:
    Link
    CHARACTER CREATION FORM:
    Character Name
    : Shami
    Faction: Good
    Race: Human

Skill: Hexagram Art
    Shami practices a form of magic that involves drawing symbols and shapes on objects to confer it simple magical power. He must prepare all of his magical spells and implements in advance, as it takes a lot of time to draw each one. While it is similar to the talismans and charms that shrine maidens use, the basis is entirely different.

Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    I really struggled finding a good image I thought was representative, but basically Shami is a crossdresser. He likes wearing clothes that are normally meant for girls, but he doesn't try to appear like a girl. On first glance, you can easily tell he's a guy. In fact, he insists that he is male and he only wears flowy colorful clothes and skirts because he likes the style.

Shami is in his 30's, but his practice of magic has preserved his youthful appearance. He is naturally pretty, and his unblemished jade-like skin complexion made him the envy (and the target of bullying) of many children during his childhood. At his present state, he is easily mistaken for a young teenager in appearance.

History:
    Shami was born in the human village, but he was also a little... different... from everybody else. Since he always the subject of teasing and bullying, Shami didn't like the human village at all and eventually ran away. He was picked up by a wandering buddhist priestess for a period of time (where he first started learning magic), but later on they separated.

Currently he lives in the Forest of Magic where he's free to live his life however his whimsy takes him. *rolls* *rolls*

He's not particularly involved in the youkai vs. human conflict. After spending many years with a buddhist priest, he's adopted a somewhat laidback nonviolent philosophy, so he really has no motivation to run around killing youkai for no reason. However, he can defend himself if necessary.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  8. Little Evil

Little Evil Hello o/

Reading List:
    Link
    You'll burn out if you keep adding them. It wasn't that long since this started. Focus on one?

A5G_Reaper and yuzuki like this.
  9. yuzuki

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I wanted a happier character. It’s hard to play a depressing/serious character all the time, so I want something more lighthearted/silly!

Also... this definitely isn’t part of the master plan to make the entire good faction made up entirely of traps!! :blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns:

A5G_Reaper likes this.
  10. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    The Gourd will try to kill him y'know.

yuzuki likes this.
  11. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    The elemental cycle is a bit confusing. So an element is strong against two and weak against the remaining two. That's a bit unwelcome when defending, because if it say 2 element meet 2 element and one pair neutralize while the other pair amplify, it will deal full 2 damage to the defender. It only get worse with increasing spirit cores.

Perhaps remove amplification and make it also neutralize instead? As it stands now it's more sensible to tank the damage and return the favor with the saved spellcard instead.

Or perhaps give an additional "Composite" spirit core. It defend against elemental attack at maybe 75% efficiency, but take full damage from composite attack. Meanwhile composite attack deal full damage against fellow composite, but completely nullified against elemental defense.

Basically it turn defending into a mind game instead of pure unfavorable deal for the defender. Composite attack shred composite defense but splatter against elemental defense, while elemental attack is largely inefficient against composite defense but have high chance of dealing critical damage against elemental defense.

yuzuki likes this.
  12. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not interested in pvp (Is 100% more worthy to use the spell card to attack than defend unless we have a tons of spell card to waste but it became a boring battle of stall), but I will join just for a bit of touhou fever that I feel.
    The elemental cycle isn't exactly weak/strong but it can be used as weakness chart as any I guess.

I will make soon a character.

yuzuki and A5G_Reaper like this.
  13. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    As side note: Gensokyo have tons of OP characters but they all got limited by the spellcard rules. People that can control fate, death, bourdaries and more nosensical powers all grt beat up by a shrine maiden. So you can actually make a OP character if you accept you can be beaten by a mediocre character :V

@AliceShiki Are going to join?

14. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably not, still busy with a bunch of stuff and I don't want to join another RP when I could play a bit more in the abyss one~

15. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    Supposedly they're all gone by now. And with them the spellcard rules.

16. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    It make less sense to use Gensokyo as theme if you want to be realist as possible.

17. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    It have high level of freedom (mainly because Yuzu is lazy), so it's not really bound by realism.

yuzuki likes this.
  18. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    I may have misunderstood what you mean then.

19. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    Besides, that rule is originally made to avoid the lowering number of humans because their existence is necessary for youkai to live. And thus with how the peace is broken then such rules would no longer apply even if the oeiginal casts are still around.

20. SpearOfLies

Reading List:
    Link
    With the amount of incidents, I don't think the rules can be easily broken.