GGP is Lying; Gravity Is Owned by China Reading (QI)

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Truck-kun, Aug 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    If you tag me like this, I won't see it... >.>

Try just writing @brasca123 next time, it will give me an alert.

Pizz0011 likes this.
  2. Pizz0011

Pizz0011 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so when i spoke to him and asked he 100% lied to me ...nice move you arse

Hahhaa likes this.
  3. IOUmoney

IOUmoney Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    GGP response: https://www.reddit.com/r/noveltranslations/comments/6rjjyw/ggp_official_response/

Though one thing that particualary sticks out away because GGP said that QI owns no shares of GT. And i read this part of his explanation "Yes, I gave up a majority share in Gravity Tales for some financial compensation and for the maximum support in Gravity Tale’s future development from Qidian."

So it's safe to assume that GGP would of continued keeping us in the dark it until someone actually dug on the HK IPO.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    FlameE, Hahhaa and tamsok like this.
  4. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Seemed like a pretty good response, I don't see why anyone would hate him over this. His reasoning seems pretty solid overall.

Oh well, I guess anyone that hates Qidian will hate though, hate doesn't care about reasons after all. *shrugs*

TheCross likes this.
  5. joeglens

joeglens Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haters will hate no matter what. Some are too invested on this community emotionally that to them it felt like a betrayal of a love one

6. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Dunno, I honestly feel I'm more emotionally attached to this community than all the Qidian haters combined.

But well, I'm attached to the NUF community, the people that made this place special to me... Translator sites are just... Translator sites, they can handle their stuff.

I usually care only about what happens to me and the people I'm close to... What happens to companies outside my reach, that I have no contact with is... Not something I feel I should care about.

Sure, I can understand anyone that is close to Ren on a personal level to care about WW, but I don't think this justifies hating everyone that involves themselves with Qidian, it's not like they're attacking WW directly by selling a part of Gravity Tales to Qidian, they're just doing what they think is best for them and their own community.

Nanashy, OnigaImasuka and Araska Mada like this.
  7. revenantone

revenantone Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i knew he lied, i just knew it. hoped it wasnt true but taadaa it is... i can go to bed now peace out everyone.

also just gotta say this, figures mr better the community tries to sell it out

Hahhaa likes this.
  8. Pizz0011

Pizz0011 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @brasca123 soz i used cut and paste in that i didn't notice the black @ , but towards the main point of this whole post , it's not the fact he sold out and got some cash but i asked him and he told me in reddit that he was sole owner of gt and no one else had or was going to get shares in the company ..i'm now pissed off being lied to by someone how end my chat to ggp with him saying

"But anyways, nothing I've done in my career as a translator has hurt the community and I don't plan to start right now."

Eat your own words and choke very very slowly

Hahhaa likes this.
  9. noob_senpai

noob_senpai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate Qidian, I have no issues with his reasoning, but I don't like that he stated the opposite of this after the Qidian+GT deal.
    As there was a staff meeting too, probably many of the translators and editors didn't know about it either. If that's the case, then I don't think that's okay either.

Besides all that, after Qidian is openly going against WW over and over again, siding with them is rather strange... and not exactly the thing most would do, or find acceptable. I have issues with this too, but maybe it's just me, I am not as open-minded as many others.

Edit: I wonder how @rwxwuxiaworld feels about this, after sticking up for him...

Hahhaa likes this.
  10. IOUmoney

IOUmoney Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not mad at GT joining hands at QI. I understand business is business, but why do you have to lie to my face about it. It's the fact that GGP went out and said that QI has no shares in GT (fancy wordplay because technically its China reading which is still QI) . It was until someone dug up the HK IPO that we found out. So it would be safe to assume GGP would of kept up that lie until exposed. That's what pissed me off.

Does he honestly expect that i would trust is words after it was exposed that he was lying through crafty word play. Who knows if some of the statements in that post isn't the same.

Hahhaa and OnigaImasuka like this.
  11. rakazzt

rakazzt Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    even though I trust him ......:blobtriumph: :blobangery::blobangery::facepalm:

12. Araska Mada

Araska Mada Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

13. Mistelteinn

Mistelteinn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I'm not sure what you expected from someone who used the handle of Good Guy Person, I mean fucking really? I knew something was shifty about that. It's really easy presenting a fake persona of a nice guy on the internet. It's all text anyways, how can you tell someone's real nature through mere words on the screen?

And really, I'd sooner trust a guy called HomelessMurderHobo101 over SuperKindGuy anyday.
    Least you know that his knife will come from the front in a dark alleyway, rather than your back at home.

[​IMG]

EDIT: Besides, what is up with this sanctimonious bullsh!t, does that high horse feel good, hmmmn? The view must be great, looking down on us peasants, no?
    Well, a cactus up yours I say.

https://www.reddit.com/r/noveltranslations/comments/6rjjyw/ggp_official_response/

[To those feeling betrayed, for whatever the reason it may be, I’m sorry. If you’re looking for an explanation from me, call it nerves, call it being in the moment, call it me being sneaky, being untrustworthy. The good guy always has his flaws.

In the end, hate me, love me, whatever you want. I believe that I did the right thing for Gravity Tales and everyone in it.

Thanks for reading,

GGP]

Face up to your sins and admit that you were a greedy, traitorous fake who couldn't give two flying pigs about us readers, then we can all move on with our lives, without your website in it.

14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, in your case in specific, I can certainly understand being angry at him, since you were lied to directly... I don't feel the people that didn't receive this kind of direct misdirecting should feel angry about it.
    Like... I don't think he is hurting the translating community with his post, rather, I think he is trying to do what he thinks is best for the community. At least that's what it looks like.
    That's the thing, he isn't siding with Qidian against WW, he is siding with Qidian for GT. His deal with Qi does not influence the problems WW has with Qi in any manner... So I don't see the point of getting angry at him for this.

If he was making things worse for RWX with this deal though, then I'd understand all hatred.
    Hmmm, yeah, this makes sense.

I think he did it because he thought it was for the best, but I can understand getting angry at him for this reason.

Nanashy likes this.
  15. lc887

lc887 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha that statement of his a few days ago where he says any translator could choose whether to only post on QI or just Gravity, when gravity is almost the same as QI now.

16. rekshek

rekshek Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *sigh* I am losing more novels to read because some people just can't stop lying. Well guess I will have more free time now, well played GGP you lost another reader.

Hahhaa likes this.
  17. tamsok

tamsok Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally the truth is out. No more speculations, GT is sold to qidan. Well Good luck to you GGP. I fear the worse is yet to come to this community.

Hahhaa and Araska Mada like this.
  18. noob_senpai

noob_senpai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The enemy of my friend is my ally? Oh, I haven't heard that version before.
    I understand that he is siding with Qidian for GT, but for how long will GT be GT? He already gave up the majority shares - QI's promises worth nothing, we have learned that. Not to mention that this deal also means that any profit GT makes will funnel plenty of money into QI's pockets. We don't know the long term consequences of this deal.
    I always thought GT, volare, and WW will stick together and won't let Qidian have their way, but I guess money talks...

Kokuyasou, Hahhaa, Nef-i and 3 others like this.
  19. krish1148

krish1148 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i thought all hell will break loose within few months after GT+QI announcement but this worse than that. i don't know what to say about the fact that the GGP lied straight to face of the readers or he is still trying to slip through by word play. (I read all the comments GGP replied for a user on reditt). ok its time to block GT .the only novel which i liked is ZTJ but i dont care about it.:(:mad::(:mad::cool::cool:

Hahhaa and rakazzt like this.
  20. Pipipingu

Pipipingu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I translate for Gravity Tales. And I couldn't care less about who owns it. Just don't fuck with the translations (yes, that includes quality).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.